[TING] Flashable Zip - Fixed LTE/eHRPD for CyanogenMod

52 posts
Thanks Meter: 17

By t3rmin, Member on 24th March 2013, 05:25 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
**EDIT** Unless you're running an older version of CM, use the version 3 zip.

I just wanted to share this in case it helps anyone else with a GNex on Ting service.

I noticed the stock Google 4.2.1 rom on my GNex connected fine to eHRPD and LTE, but when I flashed CM10.1 I could only get EVDO. So I used an APN backup utility to get the proper APN settings from stock, tweaked them to work with CM, and created a recovery-flashable zip file.

These APNs fixed both LTE and eHRPD for me. It also sets the Ting MMS URL.

The zip file is attached to this post. Flash it over an already-installed CM rom, and again any time after you flash a rom update. I don't know if these APNs will work for other LTE devices on Ting besides the Galaxy Nexus, but I suspect they will.

Uninstall is as simple as re-flashing your CM rom, or restoring your original "/system/etc/apns-conf.xml" file with a root file explorer app (if you saved a backup before flashing this).

Another thing I did was set eHRPD to "On" under *#*#3282#*#* -> Edit -> Others/More, though I'm not sure how much difference it makes.

**EDIT**

The zip here:
https://help.ting.com/entries/423580...d-4-4-Kit-Kat-

... fixed my 3g issues in the latest CM11 nightlies. He's got some extra lines for bare CDMA (non-LTE/eHRPD).
Attached Files
File Type: zip Ting APN.zip - [Click for QR Code] (121.8 KB, 696 views)
File Type: zip Ting APN Android 4.3 version 3.zip - [Click for QR Code] (123.9 KB, 633 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to t3rmin For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift t3rmin Ad-Free
23rd September 2013, 06:19 AM |#2  
OP Member

More
New version for Android 4.3. Credit to @poo706 for figuring out the new APN version number change. Very little testing on this but seems to work for me. YMMV!
Attached Files
File Type: zip Ting APN Android 4.3.zip - [Click for QR Code] (124.5 KB, 194 views)
23rd September 2013, 03:04 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 2,280

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by t3rmin

New version for Android 4.3. Credit to @poo706 for figuring out the new APN version number change. Very little testing on this but seems to work for me. YMMV!

I appreciate the shout out!

[poo]
1st November 2013, 07:22 PM |#4  
Flag Tustin, CA
Thanks Meter: 12

More
After 3 different calls to Ting trying to figure out why my Note 2 could not connect to LTE, this zip did it! Thank you!
23rd November 2013, 07:21 PM |#5  
OP Member

More
Version 3
Here's my latest Ting APN zip. This reflects some cleanup CM did with Sprint APNs in recent months. Works great on my GSIII and my wife's Gnex.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Ting APN Android 4.3 version 3.zip - [Click for QR Code] (123.9 KB, 144 views)
23rd November 2013, 10:25 PM |#6  
Flag Oklahoma
Thanks Meter: 33

More
Hello.
Would you be so kind as to assist me with something like this for the carrier Ringplus?
26th November 2013, 12:25 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:

Here's my latest Ting APN zip. This reflects some cleanup CM did with Sprint APNs in recent months. Works great on my GSIII and my wife's Gnex.

That also works great on a Nexus 5 running an early unofficial CM.
The Following User Says Thank You to wstout12 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift wstout12 Ad-Free
3rd December 2013, 03:10 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 28

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by booda3000

Hello.
Would you be so kind as to assist me with something like this for the carrier Ringplus?

Copy the APN here into System > etc and replace the current apns-conf.xml

Be sure to set the permissions to rw-r--r--
Attached Files
File Type: zip apns-conf.zip - [Click for QR Code] (569 Bytes, 162 views)
3rd December 2013, 11:08 PM |#9  
Flag Oklahoma
Thanks Meter: 33

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wstout12

That also works great on a Nexus 5 running an early unofficial CM.

Awesome! It worked/works!
CM 10.2 with LTE on Ringplus.
26th January 2014, 01:27 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Long story but back to using my samsung epic 4g. Does anyone know where i can get apns to restore data for it. Running cyanogen mod 10.2
27th February 2014, 02:24 AM |#11  
Flag Floresville, TX
Thanks Meter: 42

More
Quote:

**EDIT** Unless you're running an older version of CM, use the version 3 zip.

Can you make an updated flashable zip for CM11 ( Android 4.4 KitKat )?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)