[APPS] Linux-On-Android Project

Search This thread

Bewinxed

Jun 24, 2011
Amman
Bewinxed.deviantart.com
Oh awww...to be honest that's what I was expecting when I came here ;u; o saw that a couple of days ago and when I saw this on the portal i rushed in xD, Is this kind of thing to be expected soon? Are you guys willing to do such thing? Not to sound needy, you're doing a great job keep it up! ^o^

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

WEM97

Jun 25, 2011
Woodinville
Oh awww...to be honest that's what I was expecting when I came here ;u; o saw that a couple of days ago and when I saw this on the portal i rushed in xD, Is this kind of thing to be expected soon? Are you guys willing to do such thing? Not to sound needy, you're doing a great job keep it up! ^o^

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

For more info on what we are doing see the first post and follow the link to our website and main dev thread.

Nate_Lines

Dec 4, 2009
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Hey guys, first of all thanks for working to this great project! Once it was available for my GNEX, I've immediately put ubuntu on it. I'm actually running the full version, and I have a couple of question about it.

1. When will be available a way to start the GUI without VNC? It's not a problem, but that app really has a few settings, and it would be great a major personalization of certain settings, maybe intregrating them in the main app.

2. Mouse tracking is impossible on screen cause when I scroll with my finger the screen moves and not the cursor [and this with both settings on VNC], so double click is disable too.

3. Ubuntu complete image is actually very large, so it's understandable ram is really under pression when it runs. So just one question about this: will it ever be able to run reasonably or is this just a way to show that this is possible?

4. Consequently, will ever be possible install ubuntu as actual second boot, with working calls and sms, or isn't Galaxy Nexus powerfull enought to do it?

Thanks in advance, you're great!

WEM97

Jun 25, 2011
Woodinville
Hey guys, first of all thanks for working to this great project! Once it was available for my GNEX, I've immediately put ubuntu on it. I'm actually running the full version, and I have a couple of question about it.

1. When will be available a way to start the GUI without VNC? It's not a problem, but that app really has a few settings, and it would be great a major personalization of certain settings, maybe intregrating them in the main app.

2. Mouse tracking is impossible on screen cause when I scroll with my finger the screen moves and not the cursor [and this with both settings on VNC], so double click is disable too.

3. Ubuntu complete image is actually very large, so it's understandable ram is really under pression when it runs. So just one question about this: will it ever be able to run reasonably or is this just a way to show that this is possible?

4. Consequently, will ever be possible install ubuntu as actual second boot, with working calls and sms, or isn't Galaxy Nexus powerfull enought to do it?

Thanks in advance, you're great!

1. I started working on making our own VNC inside the loa complete installer but its not finished yet.

2. To fix that subtract 80 from the length of your screen to compensate for the status bar.

3. We have been working on shrinking the sizes of the images but there isn't much more we can do about their size.

4. You mean dual boot? Yes we are also getting ready to make our own light weight ROM that is specifically designed for loa.

Hope this helps!

Reactions: Nate_Lines

WEM97

Jun 25, 2011
Woodinville
Attention! This thread has been moved to General Samsung Galaxy Nexus development because I purchased an unlocked GSM galaxy nexus as well to provide better support for all of you (keep in mind this was paid for out of my own pocket). Thread will be moving shortly. Cheers!

Last edited:
Reactions: j_dee and numb_

j_dee

Mar 18, 2012
Gifhorn
I tried to start Debian using the launch button but in Terminal Emulator there's an error when the boot script is ment to be executed (no such file or dir). Haven't tried the other distributions but according to the error it won't work either. I'm running AOKP ROM (4.2.1) on my GNEX. In ES File Explorer the file exists, but i did not check if there was a typo somewhere. Been following the guide so far. Do you have any idea what's wrong here and if i can fix it myself?

Greetz
// j_dee

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1357508813425.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1357508813425.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 404

j_dee

Mar 18, 2012
Gifhorn
The missing file isn't the Debian image but the boot script which can be found in /data/.. not in /sdcard/..

So it's got nothing to do with the 0 directory...

Greetz
// j_dee

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ATTENTION!

This thread is out of date and no longer supported! Here is a link to the new thread in General Galaxy Nexus Development.

Link
    Totally off topic but your banner kinda looks like it spells SOPA, just noticed it and now I can't unsee it...
    Attention! This thread has been moved to General Samsung Galaxy Nexus development because I purchased an unlocked GSM galaxy nexus as well to provide better support for all of you (keep in mind this was paid for out of my own pocket). Thread will be moving shortly. Cheers!
    Updates to the website and app are coming soon!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium
    Oh. Wow I never noticed that. Well we are having a logo competition right now so it will be changing.