FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[GNEX TOOLKIT V11.1] Drivers, Backup, Unlock, Root, Recovery, Flash + MORE [VERIZON]

12,328 posts
Thanks Meter: 16,154
 
By mskip, Retired Senior Moderator on 15th December 2011, 12:03 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
2nd March 2012, 11:27 PM |#501  
mskip's Avatar
OP Retired Senior Moderator
Flag Norfolk
Thanks Meter: 16,154
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by martyotaku

did a fresh install of windows 8 preview and the adb driver refuse to install? anyone else? thanx

Well since it is Windows 8 Preview are you really suprised the drivers refused to install? I dont think you will have much luck getting the drivers to install, sorry.

Mark.
 
 
3rd March 2012, 02:35 AM |#502  
bosshog187's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 32
 
More
Awesome program, very useful and made it nice and simple to do everything i wanted.
3rd March 2012, 04:01 AM |#503  
Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
Quick question, I'm still fairly new to rooting and all this stuff, I've only rooted one of my phones in the past. I just got my Nexus and I'm considering rooting/roming it. My question is about the toolkit. Is using the toolkit pretty much self explanatory? I'm getting the feeling that it kind of holds your hands thru the whole unlocking and rooting process, am I right, or is it more technical than that? Thanks.
3rd March 2012, 04:20 AM |#504  
jnix08's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Thanks for the toolkit! Was able to unlock and root in under 15 minutes. Superb work mskip!
3rd March 2012, 02:19 PM |#505  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 25
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotstuff5964

Quick question, I'm still fairly new to rooting and all this stuff, I've only rooted one of my phones in the past. I just got my Nexus and I'm considering rooting/roming it. My question is about the toolkit. Is using the toolkit pretty much self explanatory? I'm getting the feeling that it kind of holds your hands thru the whole unlocking and rooting process, am I right, or is it more technical than that? Thanks.

Make sure you download toolkit, open it up, download drivers from the toolkit, close it, put phone into fastboot mode, connect phone, wait for windows to recognize it, then open up toolkit and make sure it says a serial number near the top. Then yes, follow the prompts on toolkit-most options have a large explanation once you select it but before you confirm.

Good luck.
3rd March 2012, 03:17 PM |#506  
mskip's Avatar
OP Retired Senior Moderator
Flag Norfolk
Thanks Meter: 16,154
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotstuff5964

Quick question, I'm still fairly new to rooting and all this stuff, I've only rooted one of my phones in the past. I just got my Nexus and I'm considering rooting/roming it. My question is about the toolkit. Is using the toolkit pretty much self explanatory? I'm getting the feeling that it kind of holds your hands thru the whole unlocking and rooting process, am I right, or is it more technical than that? Thanks.

I tried to make it as newb friendly as possible. Everything has explanations and tells you what to do just start at option 1 and work your way down

Mark.
The Following User Says Thank You to mskip For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mskip Ad-Free
3rd March 2012, 05:31 PM |#507  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 41
 
More
Mark,

Weird problem

LTE phone with 4.0.4 loaded

boots into fastboot fine - recovery gives triangled android

boot back into fastboot - use your tool - load cwm (original or touch) - loads ok and boots into recovery ok - and i can flash etc

shutdown - boot into fastboot - recovery = triangled android again

It's like recovery is not permanent

Any ideas ?
3rd March 2012, 06:03 PM |#508  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 25
 
More
Do the rename option or else CWM gets erased after first reboot. Then select option to flash cmw once it is renamed. All done.
The Following User Says Thank You to tgerbracht For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tgerbracht Ad-Free
3rd March 2012, 06:45 PM |#509  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 41
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgerbracht

Do the rename option or else CWM gets erased after first reboot. Then select option to flash cmw once it is renamed. All done.

haha - that was easy - thanks (i hit the button for you)
3rd March 2012, 06:52 PM |#510  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 25
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephen44

haha - that was easy - thanks (i hit the button for you)

You bet, I only knew the answer because I had the same question yesterday and figured it out.
4th March 2012, 11:35 AM |#511  
Senior Member
Flag Venice
Thanks Meter: 12
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mskip

I tried to make it as newb friendly as possible. Everything has explanations and tells you what to do just start at option 1 and work your way down

Mark.

From Italy with love ... to Guru, Marks!!

Dear Mark, tomorrow will buy the Nexus. Probably import sam where arround Europe (nice price reason!). Can you give me some good advice on things to do first. I plan to make rooting and more.

Hi and thanks for your kindness
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes