The Orca Project 4.2+ Nightlies - Toro

Search This thread

KJW979

Jun 18, 2010
Buffalo, NY area
For some reason ever since 1.3 I have been unable to use combination of PIE with hiding status bar and using smart statusbar to swipe down to activate the status bar. On last 2 updates can only use one or the other, guess stuck on 1.3 as I like totally hidden status bar and nav bar.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

cubsfan187

Dec 11, 2010
Elgin,IL
I see what the ui crash is all about now. Had the systemui crash while changing themes and could not get it back until I reflashed the ROM.

Reactions: Sveke

ThePhantom97

Aug 6, 2012
Robinson
I have been dirty flashing this one since the initial release and have never ran into a problem except for having both superuser and supersu on the last two releases. I am currently on the milestone release and running leankernel and the batter life is awesome and the rom is rock steady.

cubsfan187

Dec 11, 2010
Elgin,IL
I'm gonna do a little testing with the theme stuff today. I wanna see if I keep changing themes, if it's gonna make the systemui crash again. Not that I change themes once I make my mods to it, but some people might.

cubsfan187

Dec 11, 2010
Elgin,IL
I'm gonna do a little testing with the theme stuff today. I wanna see if I keep changing themes, if it's gonna make the systemui crash again. Not that I change themes once I make my mods to it, but some people might.

So far no luck reproducing that crash. I've changed themes about 25 times and rebooted after each one without issue. Maybe it was just a fluke??

KJW979

Jun 18, 2010
Buffalo, NY area
Wondering if anyone else has come across this, when pair phone to sync in car, music will play but phone won't connect. Odd because since music plays means blue tooth working just can't get phone to connect.

chefthomas99

May 14, 2010
Texas
How is the milestone build running for you guys? Should I just stick to the nightly?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

cubsfan187

Dec 11, 2010
Elgin,IL
How is the milestone build running for you guys? Should I just stick to the nightly?

I personally had to go back to the nightlies. My custom ringtones would not stick when selected for different contacts and if I had to reboot at all, 9/10 times I would lose the nav and status bar and need to reboot 2-3 more times to get it back.

chefthomas99

May 14, 2010
Texas
I personally had to go back to the nightlies. My custom ringtones would not stick when selected for different contacts and if I had to reboot at all, 9/10 times I would lose the nav and status bar and need to reboot 2-3 more times to get it back.

Sounds like I should switch back. I wonder when there will be a new nightly.

cubsfan187

Dec 11, 2010
Elgin,IL
Well I'd give it a try at least and see for yourself first. It may have been something odd that was causing that stuff and not the ROM itself. I flashed my backup and all those things seem to have stopped.

chefthomas99

May 14, 2010
Texas
Been running the rom for about an hour and haven't noticed any issues.

Rebooted phone several times to try to replicate the disappearing issue. Nothing happened.

I don't get why this rom isn't more popular. Yes, Drew may be unpopular around these parts, but he puts out fantastic roms.

Last edited:
Reactions: cubsfan187

daviddemarco79

Aug 17, 2010
I'm thinking of making the jump from AOKP to this.... Kinda on the fence right now

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

pepp67

Jul 16, 2012
update: My custom ringtone sounded when selected in the phone settings menu. Unfortunately the ringtone was silent when someone called me. It took me a few days to recognize the problem.

:good::good::good:My battery life improved incredibly with the milestone version. No problems with custom ringtones or notification either:good::good::good:

Last edited:
Reactions: chefthomas99

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The Orca Project 4.2+

platlogo.png

The Orca Project is back with new builds in built straight from AOSP using 4.2.2 for multiple devices including Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 4, Nexus 7, Nexus 10, Nexus S, Galaxy S III, and adding more devices daily. Nightly builds are available now on goo.im, through goo manager and drewgaren.com!

The Orca Project is composed of multiple of source including AOSP, AOKP, CM, Paranoid Android, Xylon, Xposed DPI and Rootbox Tools. Thus making this the best packaged deal around right now. More and More Features are getting added in each build and in the future the Orca Project hopes to bring everything you could possibly need in one rom.

Features:

* Android 4.2.2 Update
    * ORCASettings
    * DPI Settings (Xposed)
    * Rom Updates
    * OrcaTools Rom Settings (Based Off of RootBox)
    * PIE! (Paranoid Android)
    * Profiles
    * Performance Control
    * ORCA Wallpapers
    * Themes
    * Lock Screen Settings
    * Chronus
    * Sound Recorder
    * Device Parts for Available Devices
    * Expandable Sound Settings
    * NFC Profiles
    * DSP Manager and Apollo Player
    * Transparent Statusbar and NavBar Options
    * DeskClock with Flip alarm and Shake Off
    * AOKP MMS with Color and Theming Options
    * Build Prop Tweaks
    * Init.d Tweaks
    * NFC Polling
    * Quiet Hours
    * Headset Music App Launch
    * CMFilemanger and ThemeManager
    * GOO Manager Pre Installed
    * ORCA STATS
    * Vertical CRT, Option to turn CRT on/off
    * Expanded Sound Option in Orca Settings, Ascending Ringtones and Additional Sound Options
    * additional stuff I forgot to mention.
    * Cherry Picks from AOKP, CM, PARANOID, CREDITS TO GOO.IM FOR GOOMANAGER, ROOTBOX for the base of ORCATOOLS, ANYBODY ELSE I FORGOT THANKS .

ORCA TORO DOWNLOADS ANDROID 4.2.2
    http://drewgaren.com/DrewGaren.com/Orca_DL_toro.html
    http://goo.im/devs/drewgaren/toro
    GAPPS
    Most roms use another rom as a base for their source, some use mostly cm, some use mostly pa, etc. So it's not surprising this would be based off PAC rom
    (probably just easier than syncing with cm, aokp, and pa separately and combining everything to work right without changing too much)
    If you check the change logs you can see what they cherry picked or otherwise modified themselves
    Oh yeah, most definitely! It's just a little uncanny in the similarity between it and PAC ROM.
    I may be retarded but where are the chronus controls?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Settings>ROM Settings under ORCATOOLS.

---------- Post added at 10:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 AM ----------

How about that. I learned something new today! Lol. Thanks for that tip. I never knew that.

You're welcome. That'll be $20.
    Are you trying to start an argument?
    Its etc. By the way
    And also, NEVER PUT UP A MIRROR UNLESS THE OP ALLOWS IT

I know I'm late to the party but that was a total **** response.

Goo fing sucks, cubs made a factual statemant, period.

Takes 2 fing hours to download something.

And I know a **** comment when I see one, I'm notorious for them.

That's cool I feel your point of view but there are also plenty of devs. on here that have flawless ROMs as well. something just doesn't feel right at least drop in once in a while his other threads same way just never seen a dev. operate like this I just hope he's not another cna or a drama queen. I've seen devs. come and go and do all kinds crazyness I hope I'm wrong.:cool:

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

I think we're good with Drew not being CNA or MCD (that post a ROM then disappear for weeks/months). I had pm's him last week about something and he replied with 24 hrs. I just think he's been busy. Although I do agree that even once a week would be cool to see him/any dev in their threads. It just keeps the peace I think. Just my opinion though.