OTA Update IMM30B 4.0.4

Search This thread

ksizzle9

Jun 17, 2010
Knoxville
Yeah that's odd... I don't really want to flash all the way back to a new system. There has got to be something easier.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA App

ksizzle9

Jun 17, 2010
Knoxville
The way I understood I was completely stock, just rooted and unlocked. Does that not count? Been out of the game for a while.

Edit:Did you just restore a nandroid?

superchunkwii

Jan 5, 2011
Arizona
Hi, new to the gnex. I'm completely stock and unrooted.

How would I go about installing this? Copy file to /sdcard? When I looked in the stock recovery I did not see a way to update from SD. Only from cache and I don't have root thus no access to cache... I think.

So I'm a little stumped.

ksizzle9

Jun 17, 2010
Knoxville
I can for sure tell you that my phone seems to run faster and smoother so I don't really wanna downgrade. Like I said I'm fairly new to Android seeing as I've been on a iPhone 4 and 4S since my og incredible and the D1 before that so I'm kind of clueless if there is anyway you could give me a qwik step by step I can do it easily. Lol I downloaded all 10GB of Google music to my phone so don't wanna lose that lol. I'd appreciate anything you can do:)

luckylui

Aug 14, 2010
Chi-Town
OnePlus 9 Pro
Faster smoother and a hell of alot of signal strength! I think we have a winner. Forsure. Thanks op! Im steady at 4 bars on the ****ter :p used to get 1!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

ksizzle9

Jun 17, 2010
Knoxville
Agreed!!! Now if I could just get friggin root back on a few random apps!!! Wtf!!!

mwalt2

Feb 22, 2009
Hi, new to the gnex. I'm completely stock and unrooted.

How would I go about installing this? Copy file to /sdcard? When I looked in the stock recovery I did not see a way to update from SD. Only from cache and I don't have root thus no access to cache... I think.

So I'm a little stumped.

It's flashable via a custom recovery. You can install clockworkmod while in bootloader, press volume up and select recovery, flash the 4.0.4 OTA update, and reboot. The stock recovery will be re-written when you boot assuming you haven't messed with 'recovery-from-boot.p' under /system.

trpcltrbl

Jul 11, 2010
I flashed the update and everything went fine until Writing CDMA Radio. Since then it said Installation Aborted and I went to reboot. It has been at the boot logo for a while now. I made a nandroid before. Anyone experiencing this?

ksizzle9

Jun 17, 2010
Knoxville
Now root toolkit just hangs at waiting for USB debugging!!!!!wtf. Again not mad just confused.

oc3rulz

Jan 30, 2010
Columbus, OH
i tried to push this to my fiance 100% stock device using:

adb push update.zip /cache/update.zip

I just get permission denied. I think you must be rooted to push this where it needs to go, which at that point you just install CWM and be done with it

mwalt2

Feb 22, 2009
Now root toolkit just hangs at waiting for USB debugging!!!!!wtf. Again not mad just confused.

It hangs there for awhile because it's giving you time to check the box. I don't think there's anyway for it to know when it's checked or not, so it waits some amount of time.

will748

Aug 9, 2011
Berkeley
So let me get this straight, if your are bone stock, locked boot loader, stock recovery, no root, you cannot install this update?

mistawolfe

Nov 21, 2010
I flashed this over AOKP m3 with 4.0.3 radios/boot loader and it flashed just fine through CWM. Not sure why people say it doesn't work.

Also, for fun, I applied it from completely stock 4.0.2. No root for TB either, but got it for other apps. Just letting that one guy know he's not alone.
a6fa62bf-1f72-cb4a.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

oc3rulz

Jan 30, 2010
Columbus, OH
so I tried flashing via fastboot and I get this:

C:\sdk>fastboot update c:\sdk\update.zip
archive does not contain 'android-info.txt'
archive does not contain 'android-product.txt'
error: update package has no android-info.txt or android-product.txt

I need the 100% stock OTA to be flashed through fastboot

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    4.0.4 update: http://www.mediafire.com/?l1wxw3exb9195w7

"Stock LTE ONLY users:

Rename it to update.zip, then you can flash.

Rooted LTE users who have made no filesystem modifications:

Same thing.

Those with CWM, rooted, but no filesystem modifications:

Good luck. I can modify the installer script if there is an issue.

Everyone else. If you flash this as GSM, well...tsk.

One radio is a patch file. I cannot extract it. Also, be aware, there is a bootloader in this. Those always make me worry.

My disclaimer: Don't flash it if you are squeamish or fear bricks."
    Couple of notes here:

• You must be on 4.0.2 bootloader, radios, boot partition (kernel), and system or this will failed.
    • You can use this in both stock and CWM recovery.
    • You will lose root and will have to reroot afterwords using CWM!

---------- Post added at 07:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:05 PM ----------

This is now the new stock reboot menu (I kid you not, no mods!):

jl728.png
    New feature/fix:

Rotation speed seems 25% faster (actually reasonable now) :)
    I'm a little confused and was wondering if someone could confirm that it's safe for me to flash this. If I restore my nandroid backup of the stock 4.0.2 rom I have, it's ok to flash this? I have not flashed a different bootloader or radios since I originally unlocked and rooted it. Restoring root and CWM I get also. I'm still a tad newbish with the Nexus so I'm sorry if this question may seem dumb.
    I'm a little confused and was wondering if someone could confirm that it's safe for me to flash this. If I restore my nandroid backup of the stock 4.0.2 rom I have, it's ok to flash this? I have not flashed a different bootloader or radios since I originally unlocked and rooted it. Restoring root and CWM I get also. I'm still a tad newbish with the Nexus so I'm sorry if this question may seem dumb.

Your safe I did that and all went well for me.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium