[RECOVERY] ClockworkMod Recovery *CDMA Edition*

Search This thread

GirLuvsDroid

Feb 16, 2010
Wilmington, DE
You need to delete /system/recovery-from-boot.p
Or rename it to '1recovery-from-boot.p' without the quotes
That will prevent the overwriting of CWM with the stock recovery each boot.

Thank you! I'll try that.

UPDATE: That worked, thanks again!

---------- Post added at 06:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:40 PM ----------

That method flashed the GSM recovery, Koush said LTE owners DO NOT want to flash that permanently... It will trick ROM Manager into thinking you have a GSM device and allow you to download and install things that will brick your LTE device

Hey ecsnead! I followed the GSM guide to unlock fastboot and establish root, but flashed the recovery in this thread.

Last edited:
Reactions: hawgpapa

ecsnead69

Jul 11, 2010
Google Pixel 6
Whats up GLD, how do you like the Nex? Yeah, I posted that in the wrong thread, had two windows open and got on the wrong one.... I am thinking about the Nex, I have an upgrade but my TB is running perfect so I don't know??? Also, I had a Fascinate and the signal was AWFUL......

GinNjoose

Mar 8, 2011
Boston
Some more positive feedback

This worked for me. About to make a backup, will report results.

EDIT:

Backup complete!

So as I understand it, as soon as I boot, I need to delete /system/recovery-from-boot.p or else CWM will automatically be overwritten?

Last edited:

Benjamin150

Sep 5, 2011
Lincoln, NE
Can anyone post different instuctions how to do this? I don't understand them unfortunately.. I was able to root and unlock my phone easy, but these are less detailed for me I guess, lol. :p

Right now though, the GSM from Rom Manager is working perfect. But I'd rather have the LTE version.

swm5126

Dec 11, 2009
This worked for me. About to make a backup, will report results.

EDIT:

Backup complete!

So as I understand it, as soon as I boot, I need to delete /system/recovery-from-boot.p or else CWM will automatically be overwritten?

Just delete or rename it before you flash the recovery with adb or a root file manager. Or delete it in recovery after mounting /system over adb.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

hadisious

Jun 17, 2010
Boston
Can anyone post different instuctions how to do this? I don't understand them unfortunately.. I was able to root and unlock my phone easy, but these are less detailed for me I guess, lol. :p

Right now though, the GSM from Rom Manager is working perfect. But I'd rather have the LTE version.
You shouldn't really use the GSM version from ROM Manager. It could trick your phone into thinking it's GSM version and allow you to install things that will brick it. Just be careful.

Otherwise, you need to boot into bootloader (both vol button + power)
plug phone in
open command prompt like you did to unlock phone (navigate to directory with fastboot files that you downloaded to unlock - put LTErecovery_cwr.img here)
type "fastboot flash recovery LTErecovery_cwr.img"
after it completes type "fastboot reboot"
Then boot back into fastboot and go to recovery to test

GinNjoose

Mar 8, 2011
Boston
Just delete or rename it before you flash the recovery with adb or a root file manager. Or delete it in recovery after mounting /system over adb.

Thought I could do that AFTER I flashed CWM...welp, hello dead android dude with the red yield sign/exclamation point.

GirLuvsDroid

Feb 16, 2010
Wilmington, DE

And remember if you boot back up, your recovery was already rewritten so when you delete that file after booting (I used Root Explorer), boot back into the bootloader and flash the recovery file again. Then it will stick.

---------- Post added at 07:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:36 PM ----------

Whats up GLD, how do you like the Nex? Yeah, I posted that in the wrong thread, had two windows open and got on the wrong one.... I am thinking about the Nex, I have an upgrade but my TB is running perfect so I don't know??? Also, I had a Fascinate and the signal was AWFUL......

I'm doing great Eric and I love love love the GNex!! It's absolutely beautiful and sooooooooooooo fast and smooth!!

---------- Post added at 07:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:38 PM ----------

Thought I could do that AFTER I flashed CWM...welp, hello dead android dude with the red yield sign/exclamation point.

No it's okay. Just pull the battery, reboot back into the bootloader and flash the recovery file again. Then you're golden.

Benjamin150

Sep 5, 2011
Lincoln, NE
You shouldn't really use the GSM version from ROM Manager. It could trick your phone into thinking it's GSM version and allow you to install things that will brick it. Just be careful.

Otherwise, you need to boot into bootloader (both vol button + power)
plug phone in
open command prompt like you did to unlock phone (navigate to directory with fastboot files that you downloaded to unlock - put LTErecovery_cwr.img here)
type "fastboot flash recovery LTErecovery_cwr.img"
after it completes type "fastboot reboot"
Then boot back into fastboot and go to recovery to test
Ah! Thanks, this one worked perfectly!

loblaw

Apr 4, 2010
I actually thought that the nandroid backup I did in ClockworkMod Recovery would backup the internal storage as well. Darn.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ClockworkMod 5.5.0.4 for Galaxy Nexus *CDMA Edition*

Download Link

MD5: b2d31c29b7ef785f9c0802a12264d322

c5b37ec206c0ea8cpng.png

How to Gain Root and Unlock Bootloader

1. Download root package: Link
    2. Download CWM: Link
    3. Reboot into Fastboot Mode: Power off your device and (Power + Volume Up and Down)
    4. Unlock the bootloader if locked (fastboot oem unlock) then reboot into fastboot mode again
    5. Temporarily flash CWM (fastboot flash recovery recovery-clockwork-5.5.0.4-toro.img)
    6. Boot into recovery (Press Volume Up twice until you see "Recovery mode" then press the Power button)
    7. Using CWM, install su.zip that you downloaded in step 1
    8. Reboot into the OS
    9. You are now rooted

How to Install ClockworkMod

1. Install Root Explorer from the market and delete /system/recovery-from-boot.p *Mount as R/W first* See this link for help
    2. Reboot into Fastboot Mode: Power off your device and (Power + Volume Up and Down)
    3. Flash CWM (fastboot flash recovery recovery-clockwork-5.5.0.4-toro.img)
    4. Reboot into OS (fastboot reboot)
    5. You now have CWM recovery permanently installed

How to Access ClockworkMod

1. Reboot into Fastboot Mode: Power off your device and (Power + Volume Up and Down)
    2. Press Volume Up twice
    3. Press the Power button when you see "Recovery mode" selected

**All credit goes to to Koush and anyone else responsible for ClockworkMod**
    The final version has been released. Enjoy. :)
    Yup. Just patiently waiting for it now. Getting tired of flashing it manually each time :D

You need to delete /system/recovery-from-boot.p
    Or rename it to '1recovery-from-boot.p' without the quotes
    That will prevent the overwriting of CWM with the stock recovery each boot.
    The final version is now released. The OP has been updated. Enjoy. :)
    look back a couple pages

---------- Post added at 08:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:18 PM ----------

its been adressed in the thread...look back a couple pages

Got it thanks :)

"You need to rename the recovery-from-boot.p file in the system folder to recovery-from-boot.p.bak to keep the recovery from getting re-flashed to stock on boot"