[ROM][AOSP][4.1.1][Linaro] CM10 Kang **Updated 10/3 11:20pm MST**

Search This thread

mdschmid1978

May 1, 2012
Columbus, OH
www.pcfixup.me
Issue with booting in to recovery..

Just like some other I have a issue with it rebooting into recovery too. However, it is ONLY when I install the GAPPS. Is anyone else having this issue?

If so does anyone know how to fix it.

lucas.scott

Mar 10, 2009
Nashville, TN
Just like some other I have a issue with it rebooting into recovery too. However, it is ONLY when I install the GAPPS. Is anyone else having this issue?

If so does anyone know how to fix it.

TWRP recovery has been the best for me with all these jb builds. And it's generally just faster when performing tasks.

I strongly suggest flashing TWRP and trying again. I have had no issues.

Good luck!

Is this supposed to be AOKP?

I can't tell if you are joking or not....

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

Last edited:
Reactions: mdschmid1978

Doritos Bandito

Apr 10, 2012
TWRP recovery has been the best for me with all these jb builds. And it's generally just faster when performing tasks.

I strongly suggest flashing TWRP and trying again. I have had no issues.

Good luck!

I can't tell if you are joking or not....

lol not aokp. CM10 as in cyanogenmod 10 . good question is why there are two different threads each saying to be the latst nightly?
any difference ?

I see Kang in the title then I think its relating aokp

KillerQ

Oct 11, 2007
Hey all,

I'm using BuglessBeast now and love it - however, I want to flash this as well - I'm gonna give it a shot. However, I have 2 quick questions....

1) when new nightlies come out for this ROM, can I simply flash/apply them OVER the current version of the same ROM and Still keep icons and settings, etc? Every time I try an apply the new nightlies for BuglessBeast, it starts the phone over as if it has never been used - even though all of my files are on the sd card, etc. I have to set the settings and all of the home screens every time.

2) where's the best place to check to see if this rom has the radios and Gapps cooked in?

Excited,

Matt!

P. S. Has the 'actual' JB code been released by Google yet? It appears that this rom is based off of that. I could be mixing my terms, however. Thanks.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

username235

Sep 4, 2011
AZ
It should be in developer options. At least that's where I thought I remember it being when I was using this yesterday

Sent from my VZW Nexus

Reactions: Travisdroidx2

humancyborg

Jan 6, 2010
Santa Monica, CA
factory wiped
cleared dalvik
Flashed with Franco 221r 512GPU and it would just sit at boot animation and not go anywhere, so reflashed without kernel and it booted fine. Flashed franco again by it self and it hung at boot animation again. Refrashed with Franco 221r 316 and again hung at boot animation. So just reflashed CM10 kernel and left it at that.

Anyone else having issues with franco JB Kernel?

Fixed in the latest Franco 223 kernel.

Reactions: Seion

izzycade

Jun 24, 2010
I lost the ability to see my pictures through the gallery, I also cannot find any files on the computer but I know the files are still on the phone because the space available is the same as before booting this rom... any ideas?

michaelrango

Sep 8, 2010
Fresh Meadows
Having some issues that I have never had before.

I was running XenonHD JB and tonight I tried updating to the newer version. I flashed the latest Clockworkmod (6.0.0.1 or something) from rom manager
Booted into recovery. Wiped Cache, dalvik cache, and then formatted sd
Installed the latest, then wiped cache, installed the gapps for the update. Rebooted and there was a bootloop on the Google logo before it rebooted into recovery.

Went back did the same process and it happened again. Then the next time installed CM10 and the gapps for that rom. Happened again.
I am currently running the latest cm10 without gapps because everytime I try putting it on the phone it would go into the google logo bootloop.

EDIT: Flashed the latest aokp jb build and gapps and all is working fine. Weird.

Last edited:

impulse101

Mar 17, 2011
Hey all,

I'm using BuglessBeast now and love it - however, I want to flash this as well - I'm gonna give it a shot. However, I have 2 quick questions....

1) when new nightlies come out for this ROM, can I simply flash/apply them OVER the current version of the same ROM and Still keep icons and settings, etc? Every time I try an apply the new nightlies for BuglessBeast, it starts the phone over as if it has never been used - even though all of my files are on the sd card, etc. I have to set the settings and all of the home screens every time.

2) where's the best place to check to see if this rom has the radios and Gapps cooked in?

Excited,

Matt!

P. S. Has the 'actual' JB code been released by Google yet? It appears that this rom is based off of that. I could be mixing my terms, however. Thanks.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Okay first this and jellybro are by far the best jb roms out. It amazes me anyone is using something else than CM10 right now.
When nightlies come out you can flash over the old one just flash with gapps and wipe cache and davlik cache
Radios are never in a ROM. You have your radios now so no need to worry. Gapps are not baked in with this ever
Jb source code has been out for over a week

Sent from my Galaxy Tab 10.1 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: KillerQ

Top Liked Posts