FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
H10 Turbo

[ROM] MIUIAndroid 2.6.8 TORO

68 posts
Thanks Meter: 48

Thread Closed Email Thread
Hey guys, I've taken the GSM Galaxy Nexus beta and have ported it over to the CDMA/LTE version on Verizon Wireless for here in the states.

I can actually release this to say that I'm comfortable with it enough to use it as a daily driver. So here we go.

MIUIAndroid 2.6.8 TORO
[DOWNLOAD MIRROR 1]
[DOWNLOAD MIRROR 2]
Code:
MD5:7F46C4D15C44367CC73B29B5C57F1481

I'm not responsible if you break your phone, or your self esteem.

Make sure you wipe EVERYTHING. Including, Data, Cache, and Dalvik-Cache.
Fresh Install, let boot and enjoy.

A few important notes, the Download app found in the tools folder prevents you from downloading large apps through the market over the carrier network, simply go into the app settings to disable this if you don't want to connect to a wifi network.

As far as I can tell most everything is working correctly, however if you notice something amiss. Leave a note here.

Known Issues:
Gallary FC's

Fixed:
Wi-Fi Tether
Airplane mode FC's
GPS

Cheers guys!
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to maybeiknowstuff For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift maybeiknowstuff Ad-Free

9th April 2012, 06:37 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 17

More
I think I will give this a shot a little later. Trying out AOKP b30 right now but can't flash over in the middle of class. haha Looking forward to SOMEONE getting a solid MIUI build for the Gnex Thanks for the work!
9th April 2012, 07:04 PM |#3  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Cincinnati
Thanks Meter: 1,213

Donate to Me
More
Wow looks polished. I'd love to see a fully working MIUI rom that doesn't have all the weird freakouts or horrible battery drainage.

I'm afraid to flash because I get addicted to MIUI very easily and force myself to work through the bugs.

Do you plan on keeping this updated and actually trying to work out the bugs?
9th April 2012, 07:15 PM |#4  
OP Member
Chicago

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by player911

Wow looks polished. I'd love to see a fully working MIUI rom that doesn't have all the weird freakouts or horrible battery drainage.

I'm afraid to flash because I get addicted to MIUI very easily and force myself to work through the bugs.

Do you plan on keeping this updated and actually trying to work out the bugs?

I usually release every Friday, unless life throws me a fastball.

The battery drain was super noticeable in the 2.3.30 build, but I think that it was related to an issue with the CM9 upstream that week. I've since have had acceptable battery life this week.

While it's not perfect I hope to polish it in the coming weeks. Now that Xiaomi is releasing beta builds for the Galaxy Nexus I can build more reliable roms instead of having to splice stuff up for the Nexus S beta. I think most issues should resolve themselves in the coming weeks.
9th April 2012, 08:28 PM |#5  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Cincinnati
Thanks Meter: 1,213

Donate to Me
More
Most MIUI roms I've used in the past (and on other devices) seem they come out with a semi-working rom with a few little bugs, but the dev only updates the MIUI code and never works on fixing the known problems. So after several MIUI version bumps, the bugs just keep piling on until it isn't even worthwhile anymore.

+1 for MIUI officially supporting the GN.

MIUI is super awesome. I'm in love with the dialer, messaging, and music app. The theme support is nice too.
9th April 2012, 09:47 PM |#6  
OP Member
Chicago

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by player911

Most MIUI roms I've used in the past (and on other devices) seem they come out with a semi-working rom with a few little bugs, but the dev only updates the MIUI code and never works on fixing the known problems. So after several MIUI version bumps, the bugs just keep piling on until it isn't even worthwhile anymore.

+1 for MIUI officially supporting the GN.

MIUI is super awesome. I'm in love with the dialer, messaging, and music app. The theme support is nice too.

I totally understand that. If it's something that's LTE/CDMA galaxy nexus specific I'm going to do anything and everything with in my power to remedy those bugs.

Until Xiaomi fully releases their source code (I think they're planning on doing that sometime this year) I'm left debugging in dalvik byte code land, which can is not for the faint of heart.

I'm glad that this is coming from an official beta. Rather than having to take on the task single handed, there is a whole team in China perfecting the experience for this very hardware.
ezcats
9th April 2012, 09:50 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
nice!! thanks!

hope this works since the server is as slow as a snail...46kbps?!?!?!?! my internet is like 40mbps...why?!??!

EDIT: is this the same as the one on the MIUI.us website?
9th April 2012, 10:29 PM |#8  
OP Member
Chicago

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezcats

nice!! thanks!

hope this works since the server is as slow as a snail...46kbps?!?!?!?! my internet is like 40mbps...why?!??!

EDIT: is this the same as the one on the MIUI.us website?

My mirror is throttled, sorry.

This is the same rom found on miuiandroid.com
9th April 2012, 10:58 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Thank you!! I've been running 2.3.23 and I've fallen in love with it, despite the few bugs I've come across. Definitely my daily driver until I get AOKP fever again.

Flashing now. I look forward to the support and use the camcorder all the time so hopefully that's taken care of soon

Thanks again
10th April 2012, 12:25 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Does this version of MIUI support themes. The last time I had installing themes made it not work.
10th April 2012, 01:42 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
I loved MIUI on my fascinate and was waiting for it on the GN. The problem with the other versions was it seemed like the images and UI resolution wasn't playing nice with the phones screen. It didn't seem sharp more like it was blurry. Also 5 x 5 home screens didn't look right.

I really like the themeing MIUI so I'll give this a try tonight after I make my back up and don't need my phone.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android, galaxy nexus, google, miui, verizon
Previous Thread Next Thread