[ROM][Current stage: Nightly] Official CM9 Thread

Search This thread

ilaf0106

Jun 5, 2009
POMONA
No just normal use. And okay I'll give Franco's kernel a try and thank you!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

Last edited:

xavier86

Aug 4, 2011
Rochester, NY
No just normal use. And okay I'll give Franco's kernel a try and thank you!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

I had a couple of random reboots with nightly 194, 192 was solid for be, milestone 4 was good but lacks the higher OC freq. But maybe it was just me but anything beyond 1.4 didn't improve performance.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

mwalt2

Feb 22, 2009
Friendly reminder to reset your google wallet before flashing if you use it. This way you do not break the secure element on the nfc.

http://www.droid-life.com/2012/05/29/a-simple-factory-reset-could-break-your-google-wallet-forever-learn-how-to-safeguard-your-info/
Has anyone been able to get google wallet set up lately? Mine gets stuck on Initializing Device or Activating Account. I've only got a dollar or so on it, but it's kind of fun to have working :). I've tried on both a stock rooted rom and CM9.

Also, are there any other apps that utilize or will utilize the secure element? It'd be nice to know if that is what is wrong or not, since I have not seen any error mesages. aLogcat just shows nfc being turned on and off over and over while it's trying to activate.

Last edited:

mwalt2

Feb 22, 2009
Yeah mine set up fine every time even on rc1

Sent from my CM9 Toro
Oh well, guess mine is fubar'd then. The last time I reset it, it hung at 99% (64/65 or whatever the progress bar is) and did not do anything for an hour. I gave up, rebooted, and it acted like it was reset....but I haven't been able to get it working since. At least I spent most of the $15 from Google lol.

Syn Ack

Jan 20, 2011
Atlanta
RC1 is absolutely great EXCEPT there is minimal nav bar functions. No ability to change colors. Can't assign custom apps. Can't assign custom functions, such as Kill App.

All I really want out of it is to change the color and make the back button (long press) Kill App and make the recents button (long press) Search.

johnhimm

Feb 24, 2011
RC1 is absolutely great EXCEPT there is minimal nav bar functions. No ability to change colors. Can't assign custom apps. Can't assign custom functions, such as Kill App.

All I really want out of it is to change the color and make the back button (long press) Kill App and make the recents button (long press) Search.

You can assign long press back button to kill app under Developer Options.

Mayze23

Aug 1, 2010

Is hiding the nav bar an option on CM9?

xavier86

Aug 4, 2011
Rochester, NY
So how is the new RC1 different from my last Nightly install last week ? Does RC1 have new features that the recent Nightly's do not ?

Not really. I did notice on the last nightly when booting in after install it didn't prompt to connect to Wi-Fi before setting up your account but this one did which was awesome.

I have a 4gb plan but its not hard to chew it up. Especially when market automatically downloads your apps... 2 weeks left until it resets and I passed 2gb already...

mark manning

Sr. Mod / Mod Committee
Staff member
Apr 7, 2010
Nusquam et ubique
So how is the new RC1 different from my last Nightly install last week ? Does RC1 have new features that the recent Nightly's do not ?

No the rc 1 doesn't have any new features. About a week ago the cm team put in a code freeze and only would except bug fixes against the release branch. The idea of the rcs' are to make them as stable as possible until a release. Nightlies are however, built off the main branch and the cm team will still be excepting feature contributions for that line.

http://www.cyanogenmod.com/blog/cm9-code-freeze-has-started

Sent Telepathically

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    cyanogenlogo.png

I AM TAKING NO OWNERSHIP FOR ANY OF THE CURRENT CONTENT OF THIS THREAD, NOR AM I CLAIMING IT TO BE OF MY CREATION.

So, back in my Droid Incredible days we had a thread just like this which was hugely popular and enormously helpful and I decided to bring the same to the Galaxy Nexus. Essentially this thread will be a place to discuss anything and everything pertaining to the releases of CM9 and seeing as the first nightly was released today, I think this is a good time to start.

I will compile and keep updated all links including: nightly/stable releases, Gapps, kernels, and user created mods. This will be your "One Stop Shop" for all things CM9 related, whether you need the latest release or a battery mod to spruce things up.

NIGHTLY CHANGE LOG
    Merge change log can be found here
    BBQ Alternate change log
    Alternate change log

MOST CURRENT NIGHTLY RELEASE
    All Nightly Downloads - Toro
    All Release Candidate Downloads - Toro

MOST CURRENT RELEASE CANDIDATE
    -To be announced

MOST CURRENT STABLE RELEASE
    -To be announced

MOST CURRENT GAPPS
    Latest Official Gapps download
    -Obviously choose the one for 9.0.x

CM COMPATIBLE KERNELS
    *Please note that any kernel other than stock may cause loss of features, especially those related to color settings*
    -Franco's Kernel can be found here (reported working): LINK
    -Imoseyon's LeanKernel can be found here (reported working): LINK

THEMES AND MODS
    -Huge collection of CM9 theme manager themes: LINK
    I fixed tethering. I submitted it to gerrit now it just needs merged.
    Are you using juice defender or anything like that?

Naw man I just had the governor set to hotplugx and underclocked to 900 mhz lol it didnt lag so I stuck for it with a day and thats what I got. By far the best results I've ever gotten on my Nexus
    Added a link in the OP to a thread which has a huge collection of theme manager themes. Please give me a heads up if you find others I should add.