FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM] XenonHD-4.4.2 Build 7 (23.05.14) *Truly Stable, Fast & Buttery Smooth* Like

2,493 posts
Thanks Meter: 9,623
 
Post Reply Email Thread
15th August 2012, 02:50 AM |#501  
jonstrong's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 721
 
More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by iceandfire

Just updated to v9.0! Winded everything that was requested by you guys.

Dirty flashed v9 on top of v8. Reinstalled GApps. THEN I wiped cache (a bit backwards,but...). Reinstalled Verizon Login Fix. Installed Youtube from Play Store, and....everything seems to be working perfectly so far. Love it! thx!
 
 
15th August 2012, 03:14 AM |#502  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonstrong

Dirty flashed v9 on top of v8. Reinstalled GApps. THEN I wiped cache (a bit backwards,but...). Reinstalled Verizon Login Fix. Installed Youtube from Play Store, and....everything seems to be working perfectly so far. Love it! thx!

I tried dirty and had problems. Didn't occur to me to clear the cache afterwards.

I also did not get Busybox when I installed, which was odd.

Finally, I have not found the Britney's widget listed in the change log.

All that said, love e release. The lock screen targets are awesome.
15th August 2012, 03:37 AM |#503  
jonstrong's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 721
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ltek1

Finally, I have not found the Britney's widget listed in the change log.

All that said, love e release. The lock screen targets are awesome.

I'm guessing the "Britney's widget" is auto-correct's interpretation of "brightness"...?

Assuming that's what you mean....the brightness slider is a feature of the notification toggles that come built into the package. Go into Settings / ROM Settings / Brightness Location. Choose "on top" or "on the bottom". Then, when you pull down the notification shade and see the toggles, you'll also see the brightness slider above or below the toggles, per your selection.

EDIT: no need for an activated toggle in order to show brightness slider
15th August 2012, 03:51 AM |#504  
Senior Member
Oregon
Thanks Meter: 183
 
More
Hey everyone. Just picked up a used Galaxy Nexus. Tried a couple of other ROMs, but the feature list on this one looks awesome. Did a full wipe of everything (there was no format /boot option in CWM...). I'm having some small issues. Order of flash (all MD5's checked):

1) update-XenonHD-08-15-12-signed-toro.zip
2) gapps-jb-20120726-signed
3) og-gnex-4.1.1-307-1.2-3-sd-ak-3.4 (intriguing kernel)

Whenever I first boot, Talk force closes. If I try to open the Camera app, it says Gallery force closed. Except that I can actually access the actually Gallery app. Any attempt made to enter the Camera causes a Gallery force close... Could it be the kernel?

Also, what the heck does the swagger toggle do? I don't see anything different...

EDIT: I just noticed Google Talk is no longer in the Play Store. I'll research that. But can anyone help me with the camera/gallery problem?
15th August 2012, 03:52 AM |#505  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonstrong

I'm guessing the "Britney's widget" is auto-correct's interpretation of "brightness"...?

Assuming that's what you mean....the brightness slider is a feature of the notification toggles that come built into the package. Go into Settings / ROM Settings / Brightness Location. Choose "on top" or "on the bottom". Then, when you pull down the notification shade and see the toggles, you'll also see the brightness slider above or below the toggles, per your selection.

EDIT: no need for an activated toggle in order to show brightness slider

Hah, yes. As a new user I had to wait five minutes before fixing it, and I got distracted.

Thanks for the info!
15th August 2012, 04:02 AM |#506  
jonstrong's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 721
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ltek1

Hah, yes. As a new user I had to wait five minutes before fixing it, and I got distracted.

Thanks for the info!

...of course I looked around my GNex to see if *I* had a Britney's widget... no such luck!
15th August 2012, 04:12 AM |#507  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 37
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alton (Halo 2)

My data doesn't turn on. 3G or 4G and I have to reboot my phone and it would come back on

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

not having an issue sounds like a radio problem
15th August 2012, 04:38 AM |#508  
Member
San Diego
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
What ROM were you previously running?

Did you do a full wipe (system cache, dalvik, data) when you flashed?

Are you able to reproduce the issue consistently? I have had this happen to me, not on this ROM and only on rare occasions.
15th August 2012, 05:18 AM |#509  
Lincolnmking's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Plano, IL
Thanks Meter: 15
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ltek1

I tried dirty and had problems. Didn't occur to me to clear the cache afterwards.

I also did not get Busybox when I installed, which was odd.

Finally, I have not found the Britney's widget listed in the change log.

All that said, love e release. The lock screen targets are awesome.

Am I missing something? I don't see any option for lock screen targets.

Edit: found it under security.


Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app
15th August 2012, 05:48 AM |#510  
Senior Member
Oregon
Thanks Meter: 183
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockingondrums

Hey everyone. Just picked up a used Galaxy Nexus. Tried a couple of other ROMs, but the feature list on this one looks awesome. Did a full wipe of everything (there was no format /boot option in CWM...). I'm having some small issues. Order of flash (all MD5's checked):

1) update-XenonHD-08-15-12-signed-toro.zip
2) gapps-jb-20120726-signed
3) og-gnex-4.1.1-307-1.2-3-sd-ak-3.4 (intriguing kernel)

Whenever I first boot, Talk force closes. If I try to open the Camera app, it says Gallery force closed. Except that I can actually access the actually Gallery app. Any attempt made to enter the Camera causes a Gallery force close... Could it be the kernel?

Also, what the heck does the swagger toggle do? I don't see anything different...

EDIT: I just noticed Google Talk is no longer in the Play Store. I'll research that. But can anyone help me with the camera/gallery problem?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoloM1

What ROM were you previously running?

Did you do a full wipe (system cache, dalvik, data) when you flashed?

Are you able to reproduce the issue consistently? I have had this happen to me, not on this ROM and only on rare occasions.

Are you asking me or someone else? You didn't quote anything.
15th August 2012, 06:15 AM |#511  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 24
 
More
How can I get adobe flash with this ROM?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
iceandfire, ics, nexus, vzw

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes