PLEASE NOTE: My apologies for the flip-flopping. It appears Step 4, the booting into CWM Recovery, will NOT work if your bootloader is locked after all. You will first need to unlock your bootloader to use this upgrade method. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE BACKUP YOUR ENTIRE PHONE BEFORE PROCEEDING. Unlocking the bootloader wipes ALL data on your phone and it is NOT recoverable.
For instructions on how to update without having an unlocked bootloader or root access, see the link at the bottom of this post.
1. Download the OTA ZIP from: http://android.clients.google.com/pa...F.12f767e7.zip
2. Copy the ZIP file to the root of your Galaxy Nexus internal SD card and rename it to update.zip
3. Download and install the Galaxy Nexus Toolkit from:
4. Once you install the software and drivers for the Galaxy Nexus, start the Toolkit and select Option 9, to Boot to CWM Recovery without Permanently Flashing it.
5. Once inside CWM Recovery, you can choose to apply /sdcard/update.zip
6. Reboot when finished and enjoy!
INSTRUCTIONS FOR USERS WITH LOCKED BOOTLOADERS AND NO ROOT: