FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

45w fast charger

2,990 posts
Thanks Meter: 566

By ekerbuddyeker, Senior Member on 18th August 2019, 02:35 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Has sumsung released it yet? If not, any alternatives out there?

18th August 2019, 02:43 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 710

More
I'd join along this thread

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/top...3&share_type=t

45 watt car charger

S10+ Tapatalk
18th August 2019, 06:26 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 22

More
I would read this article. It states that it's going to be hard to find a charger other than Samsung's that actually charges at the full 45w.
This one pretty much says the same thing.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to enginuity2 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift enginuity2 Ad-Free
18th August 2019, 07:48 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Could this work?
If you search for this PD 3.0 charger on Amazon UK or US:

AUKEY USB C Charger with 56.5W Wall Charger

The user images of this AUKEY PA-Y10 charger show PPS 3-16v 3A inscribed on the charger. I will try this with the note 10+ if it arrives on Friday 23rd from Amazon UK.
The Following User Says Thank You to ranxzy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ranxzy Ad-Free
18th August 2019, 08:22 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 78

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranxzy

If you search for this PD 3.0 charger on Amazon UK or US:

AUKEY USB C Charger with 56.5W Wall Charger

The user images of this AUKEY PA-Y10 charger show PPS 3-16v 3A inscribed on the charger. I will try this with the note 10+ if it arrives on Friday 23rd from Amazon UK.

as said in the link above you need 10V at 4.5A to charge at 45W on the Note 10+ and that is an unusual setup as most firms use 15V at 3A, for the one you say above it gives the charge options of,

USB-C Output:
(PDO) 5V 3A | 9V 3A | 12V 3A | 15V 3A | 20V 2.3A
(PPS) 3V–16V 3A

so the PPS that is required for the Note 10+ is locked to 3A, so assuming the note 10+ caps at 10V you are likely only going to see a maximum of 30W assuming it can even match or beat the stock 25W charger.

I'd just love to see the thought process that went into requiring such a specific set of unusual requirements and then not putting the charger in the box of what is a high end device.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Belimawr For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Belimawr Ad-Free
18th August 2019, 08:48 PM |#6  

More
The Chinese post who mentioned 10v 4.5a is not necessarily a confirmation that this power combination is required.

It may be an assumption based on the fact that in the Note 10+ settings it quotes the rating of 10v 4.5a.
Hopefully we can confirm on 23rd August with an AUKEY charger, because the Samsung UK website says 'coming soon' for the original 45w charger.

The Following User Says Thank You to ranxzy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ranxzy Ad-Free
19th August 2019, 12:00 AM |#7  

More
The Baseus BSEU907 or ccfseu907 could also be worth a try on paper. PD 3.0 and PPS 45w charger. I'll try this with a 60w compatible 3.1 Gen 2 Type C cable when the Note 10+ comes.
19th August 2019, 03:51 AM |#8  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 566

More
It seems to be more complicated...
https://www.androidcentral.com/edito...eg-and-note-10
The Following User Says Thank You to ekerbuddyeker For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ekerbuddyeker Ad-Free
19th August 2019, 10:17 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 78

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ekerbuddyeker

It seems to be more complicated...
https://www.androidcentral.com/edito...eg-and-note-10

I miss the days when you just bought a USB lead and charger.
The Following User Says Thank You to Belimawr For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Belimawr Ad-Free
20th August 2019, 04:13 AM |#10  
Flag Springfield
Thanks Meter: 1,513

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belimawr

I miss the days when you just bought a USB lead and charger.

Right? I feel like I just finally replaced all my Micro USB with Type C cables (even though I've been using Type C since the Nexus 6P). Now it seems I may have to replace them all again. Honestly, I'll probably just stick with my old fast chargers and cables from my previous Notes. Its limited to 18W, but that's always been fast enough for me.
20th August 2019, 11:32 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 132

More
As per this video, the 10V 4.5A is incorrect. It uses PPS

45w

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gkr9Ix0nl1o

So the requirements for a full 45W charging:
1. PD 3.0
2. USB C - e-marked cable
3. PPS
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Akram. For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Akram. Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)