FORUMS

45watt pd pps powerbank and charger

391 posts
Thanks Meter: 91

By j_hansen, Senior Member on 7th March 2020, 06:59 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Ok, quick edit 03/11
Below is post by post/day to day, my first real life experience with the PowerPie 20.000mAh 45w PD PPS powerbank.
I will summarise the whole thing with a few pics over the next few days but it's not a very long read if you want to get an idea of it, go ahead
For 58 Euro I think this is worth every cent.

Original first post below:

Hey guys/girls

I haven't been posting much for quite some time but still lurking in the background
I got a 20.000mAh powerbank today called PowerPie, it supports 45w pd pps charging so it is good for Note 10 plus onwards.
There's a link to it here but I'll update this thread with my personal experience as I get testing and trying it out.
Sorry if this has already been covered but I didn't see it mentioned anywhere here.
They do a 45w pd pps charger as well but I did not get that one as there was no 3 pin plug one.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/ELECJET-Pow...Elecjet&sr=8-1

https://elecjet.co.uk
7th March 2020, 08:23 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 227

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by j_hansen

Hey guys/girls

I haven't been posting much for quite some time but still lurking in the background

I got a 20.000mAh powerbank today called PowerPie, it supports 45w pd pps charging so it is good for Note 10 plus onwards.

There's a link to it here but I'll update this thread with my personal experience as I get testing and trying it out.

Sorry if this has already been covered but I didn't see it mentioned anywhere here.

They do a 45w pd pps charger as well but I did not get that one as there was no 3 pin plug one.

https://elecjet.com/collections/powe...mah-power-bank

I got one of these. It works well and has amazing capacity. It's a bit bulky and I don't find myself actually carrying it with me often.
The Following User Says Thank You to rcobourn For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rcobourn Ad-Free
7th March 2020, 08:40 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcobourn

I got one of these. It works well and has amazing capacity. It's a bit bulky and I don't find myself actually carrying it with me often.

Personally I wouldn't need to carry it with me every single day but it is a nice option to have.
What charger/s do you use for it?
7th March 2020, 08:47 PM |#4  

More
Quote:

Personally I wouldn't need to carry it with me every single day but it is a nice option to have.

What charger/s do you use for it?

I'm using the Samsung 45w charger for it. It definitely takes full advantage of that charger.
7th March 2020, 08:59 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:

I'm using the Samsung 45w charger for it. It definitely takes full advantage of that charger.

Super, that's the one I have as well so that's good to know.
I didn't know about the 45W charger from Elecjet when I bought the Samsung one but I only paid 37 quid so it is all good.
I think it will sell well since Samsung doesn't seem to be dropping price themselves
8th March 2020, 11:03 AM |#6  
OP Senior Member

More
1st test
Got to try this thing out for the first time this morning.
I let the Note 10 plus drain until it turned itself off in a final death cramp of a vibration *
Using the short usb-c to usb-c cable that came with the PowerPie I plugged it in.*
I had already charged the PowerPie fully using the official Samsung 45 Watt charger.
Here is what I got at first attempt on my 5 months old Note 10 plus 5G from 0%
7 min - 14%
9 min - 22%
12 min - 30 %
20 min - 47%
30 min - 66% (I've seen claims of 69% but I find 66% perfectly acceptable)
40 min 83%
47 min 90%
1 hour - 96%
1.05 - 100%

Considering that this is a powerbank, not a wall charger I find it a VERY GOOD result.*
The PowerPie is still showing 3 of the 4 LED's so it is so far so good with hoping to get 4 full charges plus a bit but I'll report back on that later.
9th March 2020, 02:40 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member

More
Update:

I did the 2nd full charge of my Galaxy Note 10 Plus 5G from 0% using the PowerPie and it was actually a minute or two quicker to both 90 and 100% today
but anything above 80% (42 minutes) is really irrelevant.
However, the positive taken from todays mini test is that during this 2nd charge cycle the led's on the PowerPie did drop from 3 to 2 but after charging the phone to a 100% there is still 2 led's lit up which should indicate that there is over 50% in *The Pie*
Tomorrow and the day after to go and I'll be able to confirm if a full 4 charges for the Note 10 plus 5G is possible but it is looking positive so far.
9th March 2020, 04:00 PM |#8  

More
Quote:

Update:

I did the 2nd full charge of my Galaxy Note 10 Plus 5G from 0% using the PowerPie and it was actually a minute or two quicker to both 90 and 100% today
but anything above 80% (42 minutes) is really irrelevant.
However, the positive taken from todays mini test is that during this 2nd charge cycle the led's on the PowerPie did drop from 3 to 2 but after charging the phone to a 100% there is still 2 led's lit up which should indicate that there is over 50% in *The Pie*
Tomorrow and the day after to go and I'll be able to confirm if a full 4 charges for the Note 10 plus 5G is possible but it is looking positive so far.

I think it drops off a bit faster near the end, I'd be surprised to get 4 charges, but I haven't tried.
9th March 2020, 04:22 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:

I think it drops off a bit faster near the end, I'd be surprised to get 4 charges, but I haven't tried.

I'm giving it a go anyway, it will be nice to know how far it stretches for when you need it.
After this first initial testing it will be the exemption rather than the rule running *The Pie* flat again
I want to also see how quick it charges to full using the Samsung 45w charger so obviously have to run it dry.
10th March 2020, 10:48 AM |#10  
OP Senior Member

More
Another Update.

Day 3:

3rd full charge cycle just done and there is still 1 led left on, on *The Pie* indicating that there is a minimum of 25% 5000mAh left in it, so it will be interesting tomorrow to see if that translates into a 4th full charge cycle.
Interesting thing from todays mini test was that I instead of letting the Galaxy Note 10 Plus die on it's own, I instead switched it off at 1% (letting Galaxy phones die completely have caused issues for customers in the past)*
This seems to have resulted in slightly faster charging as it went to 77% in 30-31 minutes and a full 100% in 96 minutes, which is a fair bit better than starting from completely dead.
11th March 2020, 12:10 AM |#11  
Meerut
Thanks Meter: 30

More
Quote:

Another Update.

Day 3:

3rd full charge cycle just done and there is still 1 led left on, on *The Pie* indicating that there is a minimum of 25% 5000mAh left in it, so it will be interesting tomorrow to see if that translates into a 4th full charge cycle.
Interesting thing from todays mini test was that I instead of letting the Galaxy Note 10 Plus die on it's own, I instead switched it off at 1% (letting Galaxy phones die completely have caused issues for customers in the past)*
This seems to have resulted in slightly faster charging as it went to 77% in 30-31 minutes and a full 100% in 96 minutes, which is a fair bit better than starting from completely dead.

Hi Friends,

I have been thinking of getting the 45 watt samsung charger myself but then had this thought of going for a 65 watt Type C charger for a dell chromebook 3380.

Note 10+ is supposed to be able to take upto 47 watts if I'm not mistaken. please correct me if I'm wrong. The dell charger will work for the phone and the chromebook both and costs around $52-55 here. The Samsung Charger on the online Sammy store is also $53-55 and that in my currency equals ₹3500 - 4200 approx. The chromebook charger will actually cost less because the don't sell that well but the Samsung won't be coming down anytime soon atleast which makes me lean towards the dell.

You maybe aware that oppo is shipping the Reno 2 or 3 whichever it is they launched few days ago with a 65 watt fast charger.

After reading through this topic and your posts one thing I found surprising is that the charge times are actually more than my standard 25 watt charger that came in the box. Is it that the power bank is not putting out 45 watts for charging the phone but is capable of being charged with a 45 watt charger?

I think if we use a 45 watt charger for the phone itself the total time to go from 0% to 100% should not be more than 30-35 minutes. Is that correct, because you have those chargers I think you would be the right ones to throw some light on this.

Thanks for sharing and I am looking forward to your advice/experience in this regard.
Have a great day ahead, it is 4.20 am in India right now for others I would say sleep well if it's bedtime.

This is the longest time I have been on a phone without rooting it, which I will do soon. I wanted to check how true the statement that most apps that needed root can now work without it.

It hasn't turned out to be quite like that, titanium backup needs root and most importantly the best audio mod for android ViperFX needs root too. I have also been running 2 sim cards and the micro sd card at the same time, which samsung has blocked and thus can't be done without rooting and a custom os.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)