FORUMS

Best Car Mount

1,359 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,117

By RuggedHunter, Senior Member on 4th February 2020, 08:07 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I'm a fan of iOttie mounts....easy onehanded on/off. But mine is wearing out. What do y'all recommend? I prefer windshield mounts and it's always mounted landscape, so grip needs to be great to account the weight and the excess overhang.
4th February 2020, 09:30 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 288

Donate to Me
More
two strips of velcro, been my preferred car mount for 2 cars, 4 phones over 8 years, plus helps soften falls.
4th February 2020, 10:20 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Eastern PA
Thanks Meter: 1,117

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gottahavit

two strips of velcro, been my preferred car mount for 2 cars, 4 phones over 8 years, plus helps soften falls.

Not a terrible idea. I've made a decided effort to protect my phone without detracting from the attractive design though...I don't want velcro strips on the back of my clear case.

Sent from my SM-N975F using XDA Labs
5th February 2020, 03:40 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RuggedHunter

I'm a fan of iOttie mounts....easy onehanded on/off. But mine is wearing out. What do y'all recommend? I prefer windshield mounts and it's always mounted landscape, so grip needs to be great to account the weight and the excess overhang.

Why go away from Ottie !! I've had 2 of the wireless charging mounts over the last few years. Granted they can get expensive but usually find on ebay for alot less
The Following User Says Thank You to JPMoPho For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift JPMoPho Ad-Free
5th February 2020, 06:58 AM |#5  
Flag Włocławek
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Hi all!

I have my favorite. Just take https://pancernik.eu/uchwyt/baseus-g...charger-czarny and forget others

I have one from more than 1.5 years without problem.

Thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to best_bitt For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift best_bitt Ad-Free
6th February 2020, 04:41 PM |#6  
Flag Ridgewood, NJ
Thanks Meter: 217

Donate to Me
More
Pitaka case (buy at Pitaka), on ProClip car bracket with the Scosche magnetic high speed wireless charging phone mount. The ProClip & Scosche combo you can buy at ProClip, then the Pitaka case is a separate manufacturer. I took a chance and they work perfectly together. Even though the Pitaka case is unbelievably slim, it is nearly bulletproof and has the metal embedded in the right place on the back to work with the magnetic mount. I would take and supply photos but I am at the DMV... ugh

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk
7th February 2020, 12:48 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I bought one of these last year, fits the Note 10+ in a Spigen Tough Armor Case. With a Ravpower QC3 cigarette lighter to USB adapter, with a 2m Syncwire USB cable because it's all plumbed into the car's fusebox, it fast charges my phone with the screen on bright. Expensive, but worth it imo.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07GGQCS..._5rkpEbNJHWJF1
The Following User Says Thank You to TehBosch For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift TehBosch Ad-Free
8th February 2020, 02:09 AM |#8  
Flag Halifax
Thanks Meter: 85

More
I bought two of these inexpensive mounts. They clip into a vent and let the top of the phone sit about two inches above the dash, just right to see texts and maps without interfering with the line of sight down the road. I have one mounted in my VW Jetta and one mounted in my Jaguar Vanden Plas. They open/release the phone easily with a button on the back and expand wide enough to hold the phone even with a leather wallet case folded open. My phone has never fallen out, and we have lots of potholes here in Nova Scotia on the cold North Atlantic. https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B01...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
The Following User Says Thank You to frcraig For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift frcraig Ad-Free
9th February 2020, 11:39 PM |#9  
Flag Milwaukee
Thanks Meter: 390

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RuggedHunter

I have used several different ones - but honestly, there is none quite as good as the IOTTIE - best phone holder that i have found.
The Following User Says Thank You to Geekser For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Geekser Ad-Free
20th February 2020, 08:42 PM |#10  
Flag Gaithersburg, MD
Thanks Meter: 5

More
I have a Vicseed Wireless Charger in all my vehicles since it comes with the versatility of vent or CD slot mounting.

Pros:
- Air vent and CD slot mounts to better accommodate different dash configurations in different vehicles
- Automatic clamping system with adjustable base to match phone size to coils
- Solid construction
- Does a decent job of charging

Cons:
- Only 10W. Vanmass has a 15W one but it didn't come with the CD slot mount so I opted for the Vicseed
- The CD slot mount has an 8-point rotatable arm. This thing will wear out if you use it too much. I crazy glued mine in a single position and tightened the nut attached to the back of the holder enough to hold the phone steady but allow for it to be adjusted without a struggle (it's a ball joint so you can rotate and adjust to the angle you need)
- MicroUSB input instead of USB-C
- Even on sale, it'll run you around $40
The Following User Says Thank You to nyuhsuk For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift nyuhsuk Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)