FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Best portable setup I have ever experienced (Samsung DEX)

233 posts
Thanks Meter: 153

By LockeOn, Senior Member on 30th November 2019, 11:05 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
I would like to share with you my setup which is like a dream come true. I have always imagined that one day I'll have single device that I will use throughout the whole day and now it finally is possible.

I bought an opened box HP Elite X3 Lap Dock of Ebay for 230 AUD in a pristine condition for my Galaxy Note 10+ (European, Exynos). Affter I have received it I had some trouble to connect my phone to the Lap Dock - the original HP cable was missing and the one from Samsung did not work. I finally figured it out - It has to be a USB C cable that will allow video transmission, quick data and power transfer - to sum up it has to be at least USB 3.1 Gen 1 that provides 5 Gb/s, 5V, 3A (Gen 2 provides 10 Gb/s). I bought https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B01...0?ie=UTF8&th=1 and viola it works!
The known issues are:
1. Lap Docks speakers does not work - I had to change in settings of DEX and in Developer Settings not to route sound via USB and now when connected sound is played from the phone.
2. Touchpad buttons are not recognized - it works perfect other than that (gestures, zooming, scrolling, two fingers for right button)
Both of these happens only with DEX, they work perfect with a windows laptop so it has to be software issue.

It is almost a perfect solution - I have been able to switch from Windows laptop instantly, I have prepared a whole lecture with PowerPoint on this setup, I use it from time to time for gaming (love the PSP games and bluetooth controller). All is extremely compact, premium made and useful. The whole set combines: Galaxy Note 10+, HP Elite X3 Lap Dock, Amazon USB C cable, 8Bitdo, Samsung 45Watt Charger, and couple of extras like additional HDMI cable with micro HDMI adapter, USB C to A cable, USB C hub with HDMI, 2 x USB and USB C sockets and foldable bluetooth keyboard with touchpad. All of these fit well in a 11 inch Apple Macbook Air neoprene bag

The Following User Says Thank You to LockeOn For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift LockeOn Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
dex, lap dock, note 10, samsung

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)