I bought an opened box HP Elite X3 Lap Dock of Ebay for 230 AUD in a pristine condition for my Galaxy Note 10+ (European, Exynos). Affter I have received it I had some trouble to connect my phone to the Lap Dock - the original HP cable was missing and the one from Samsung did not work. I finally figured it out - It has to be a USB C cable that will allow video transmission, quick data and power transfer - to sum up it has to be at least USB 3.1 Gen 1 that provides 5 Gb/s, 5V, 3A (Gen 2 provides 10 Gb/s). I bought https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B01...0?ie=UTF8&th=1 and viola it works!
It is almost a perfect solution - I have been able to switch from Windows laptop instantly, I have prepared a whole lecture with PowerPoint on this setup, I use it from time to time for gaming (love the PSP games and bluetooth controller). All is extremely compact, premium made and useful. The whole set combines: Galaxy Note 10+, HP Elite X3 Lap Dock, Amazon USB C cable, 8Bitdo, Samsung 45Watt Charger, and couple of extras like additional HDMI cable with micro HDMI adapter, USB C to A cable, USB C hub with HDMI, 2 x USB and USB C sockets and foldable bluetooth keyboard with touchpad. All of these fit well in a 11 inch Apple Macbook Air neoprene bag
Connecting the HP Lapdock to the TV with HDMI (using HDMI to Micro-HDMI adapter) and then connecting phone wirelessly with it allows to display on TVs without Miracast.
In order to get regular size font while using DEX I am utilizing MacroDroid macros: Receive Notification DEX App - Change system font to 1.2 and Remove Notification DEX App - Change system font to 0.8 (my default)
The known issues are:
1. Lap Docks speakers does not work - I had to change in settings of DEX and in Developer Settings not to route sound via USB and now when connected sound is played from the phone
2. Touchpad buttons are not recognized - it works perfect other than that (gestures, zooming, scrolling, two fingers for right button)
Audio via lapdock speakers works! - in order to make it work just plug in the phone to the lapdock without turning it on and then turn it on by holding battery button and power button simultaneously for 10 seconds until it boots. When its on in volume panel chose play via display device and enjoy B&O sound.
There is a bad news too - after updating to Android 10 the touchpad is practically unusable - they have change the way it operates and now it moves incredibly fast up and down an extremely slow from left to right - the only option is to use the phone as touchpad which luckily is very good.
The new whole set consists of:
1. HP Elite X3 Lapdock
2. 11 inch laptop bag - https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3278...chweb201603_55
3. Magnetic USB C 3.1 Gen 2 Adapter 10 Gbp/s 100W PD - https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32985884761.html
4. USB C 3.1 Gen 2 10 Gbp/s 60W 0.5 meter cable for connecting phone - https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32679851391.html
5. Surface Black Pen Loop Holder for attaching cable to lapdock - https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32886514875.html
6. Samsung 45W Charger - https://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/mo...p-ta845xbegus/
7. USB C 3.1 5A 100W 2 meter cable for charging - https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33027971950.html
8. Thin, foldable bluetooth keyboard with touchpad - https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32782607699.html
9. 8Bitdo N30 Pro 2 Gamepad - https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000144168333.html
10. USB C Hub - https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32998985227.html
11. USB C cable 3.1 Gen 2 87W 0.5 meter - https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33010968788.html
12. HDMI to Micro-HDMI adapter for tv out - https://www.amazon.com/Cloud-Relays-.../dp/B07117G478
13. USB A 3.0 to USB C OTG Adapter - https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32828548648.html
14. Micro USB to USB C Adapter - https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32828469071.html
15. USB C to Micro USB Adapter - https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32884655748.html
16. USB C to USB A Adapter - https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32891979893.html
Updated, matured setup: