FORUMS

which ear buds are the best value today

388 posts
Thanks Meter: 73

By magichoward, Senior Member on 18th September 2019, 08:03 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
I'm thinking about buying the official samsung buds but see many mixed reviews from the sound is low and the microphone quality is average at best.
I'm looking for good sound wireless charging noise Canceling and great fit and comfortable and usb c .... I was about to order earfun which cost less than 50 bucks with some good reviews .. Any good suggestions thanks
18th September 2019, 09:18 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 144

More
I am also looking for affordable one. I am more interested in Apple Airpods like Ear tip, not the rubber type, that hurts. Also bass is important.
20th September 2019, 02:33 AM |#3  
Flag Saskatoon
Thanks Meter: 24

More
You can't have airpod tip and get bass. To get bass you need isolation. Not rubber tip isolation. You will have to buy comply foam ear tips. Trust me when I say it makes a world of difference.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to llsektorll For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift llsektorll Ad-Free
21st September 2019, 03:29 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
I got the galaxy buds with the free 150 credit for preordering.

They sound good for me and I'm hard at hearing things on the daily lol

Havnt tried talking with them, cause I didnt use buds or headphones for that matter to talk to people.

I just wish the note had an equalizer equal to when I had the S7 edge, I loved using the concert/hall reverb settings on some songs.
21st September 2019, 08:17 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 144

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by llsektorll

You can't have airpod tip and get bass. To get bass you need isolation. Not rubber tip isolation. You will have to buy comply foam ear tips. Trust me when I say it makes a world of difference.

Can you recommend some affordable options?
21st September 2019, 04:19 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 98

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akram.

Can you recommend some affordable options?

i bought a sony wf-1000x, sound is magnificent but the connection stability is quite bad
21st September 2019, 05:00 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 85

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by noobandroid

i bought a sony wf-1000x, sound is magnificent but the connection stability is quite bad

I have the gear iconX from 2018. While they are useful because they're small, long battery life, build quality, etc... they are not flawless.
The sound is OK but cannot compete with the included wired AKG headphones that come with note 10+. I believe that the galaxy buds are kind of same, maybe a little better with AKG technology but still these toys are small and i do not trust them for pleasing "audiophiles" kind of people.

I use the included AKG right now because they are just much better than the iconX. Only keep the iconX when i need to be free (in the garden or when running, or when walking in the street because of the ambiant sound feature etc).
If i ever look for good headphones i will probably check large ones, supra phones like Bose QC35 II which is probably one of the best wireless headsets i ever tested.
21st September 2019, 05:02 PM |#8  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mafy31

I have the gear iconX from 2018. While they are useful because they're small, long battery life, build quality, etc... they are not flawless.
The sound is OK but cannot compete with the included wired AKG headphones that come with note 10+. I believe that the galaxy buds are kind of same, maybe a little better with AKG technology but still these toys are small and i do not trust them for pleasing "audiophiles" kind of people.

I use the included AKG right now because they are just much better than the iconX.
If i ever look for good headphones i will probably check large ones, supra phones like Bose QC35 II.

well, besides the sony TWS, i have quite a hefty load of audiophile gear, and i feel the GBuds sound quite thin, well, hard to get a good TWS these days
21st September 2019, 05:04 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 85

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by noobandroid

well, besides the sony TWS, i have quite a hefty load of audiophile gear, and i feel the GBuds sound quite thin, well, hard to get a good TWS these days

Ok that is what i thought.. not surprised...
These things are too small, price is kinda low as well for what it does. They should work on audio quality instead of features IMHO.
21st September 2019, 05:06 PM |#10  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mafy31

Ok that is what i thought.. not surprised...
These things are too small, price is kinda low as well for what it does. They should work on audio quality instead of features IMHO.

modern day problem, wires.. how did we reach this level surprises me...
22nd September 2019, 01:46 AM |#11  
Flag Yauco
Thanks Meter: 490

More
Anker sound buds. Long battery life! 12h! Extremely long range and sound is awesome! Not completely wireless but great nonetheless
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)