FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

FIRST LOOKS/LISTEN - Galaxy Buds....thoughts after an hour or so of use

90 posts
Thanks Meter: 13

By discothan, Member on 22nd August 2019, 12:15 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
BOLD STATEMENT:
I ordered a pair of neon yellow (because they didn't have orange) Galaxy Buds by AKG.

HISTORY:

I have been babying a pair of at least 5 year old Bose Quiet Comfort 20s, WIRED I might add. Yes, the QC20s were simple and worked for me very well for noise-cancelling during travel and hours and hours of conf calls without dropping. Now the QC20s will have to play second fiddle (with USB-C to headset jack adapter) since the Galaxy Note 10+ ditched the headphone jack.

INITIAL THOUGHTS:

(currently listening to NIN compilation album using Pulsar+ app - on my NOTE 8 no equalization to the sound output)

Its NEON YELLOW! And with my darker skin tone (Asian), it looks a bit off....but who cares. Out of the box, these things are very lightweight. The default in-ear rubber pads fit snug in my ears. Whats quite amazing, the ambient noise isolation is awesome. I had Godzilla: King of Monsters playing in the background of my workstation piped over some DOSS BT speakers at 35% and couldn't hear Godzilla. I definitely felt the bass of the movie track. I had to double check my Buds settings to make sure, and by triggering the Ambient sound setting, it let me know that the Buds were isolating my music experience. WOW.

The customizable taps to the left/right buds are very responsive. I love the customizable long press taps. I've set one to voice commands and the other to allow me to listen to ambient sounds.

Keep in mind this is first look/listen. I'll keep this thread updated as I get more time with the buds.

I'd like to hear what you all think after using the Galaxy Buds. They sure look sexier than the stupid AirPods.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2019-08-21 17.08.20.jpg
Views:	398
Size:	290.4 KB
ID:	4808993   Click image for larger version

Name:	2019-08-21 17.07.19.jpg
Views:	396
Size:	291.6 KB
ID:	4808994  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to discothan For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift discothan Ad-Free
22nd August 2019, 06:00 AM |#2  
Flag Kalamata
Thanks Meter: 73

More
Will receive mine today on black colour. Never before used wireless headphones. I need them mostly for calls.
22nd August 2019, 06:13 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 410

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bill_viper

Will receive mine today on black colour. Never before used wireless headphones. I need them mostly for calls.

The buds aren't great for calls.

I use them for the gym because they stay in and are fairly comfortable.
22nd August 2019, 12:03 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 1,198

More
I tried the Buds out when I had the Note9 a few months ago and with my phone in my pocket and going for a walk the music would skip every 30-45 seconds. We are only talking maybe a 3' to 4' distance (I am 6'-1" tall) from my phone in my pocket to the buds and I guess the "obstruction" of pants in the way and it would skip. I haven't tried them again with my current S10+ but I might with the Note10+.
22nd August 2019, 01:37 PM |#5  
Flag Tampa Bay
Thanks Meter: 1,193

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMosley

I tried the Buds out when I had the Note9 a few months ago and with my phone in my pocket and going for a walk the music would skip every 30-45 seconds. We are only talking maybe a 3' to 4' distance (I am 6'-1" tall) from my phone in my pocket to the buds and I guess the "obstruction" of pants in the way and it would skip. I haven't tried them again with my current S10+ but I might with the Note10+.

That crazy that they did that with your Note 9.

I actually bought them when I got my S10+, I didn't pre-order so I missed out on the free set but I didn't have to get white so I got the black ones. I have never once had them disconnect while using my S10+.

I'm not quite as tall as you but I am 5'11", I don't know for sure and it's too early for me to look it up (don't have a full cup of coffee in me yet) but did the Bluetooth version in the phone change from the Note 9 to the S10+?

I run with mine daily, phone in my pocket and they have never disconnected once.
22nd August 2019, 07:50 PM |#6  
Flag Portland
Thanks Meter: 1,246

More
Samsung caught me with my pants down on this release. All my kit was expected to arrive today and I'm leaving on a trip to the mountains till Sunday evening. Imagine my surprise when the phone and buds came yesterday! I have no case and no screen protector yet. At the least I played with the phone and checked out the buds. I am so impressed, I brought them with me while camping. The case is so small and pocketable. Can't wait to find a quiet time to test them.
22nd August 2019, 08:14 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 287

Donate to Me
More
Pass on the Buds, no onboard storage. I have both versions on the Icons with 4gb. I never take my phone in the gym(and never want to). BTW my Icons easily get 20-30 ft range from phone.
23rd August 2019, 09:39 PM |#8  
Flag Kalamata
Thanks Meter: 73

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawaisa

The buds aren't great for calls.

I use them for the gym because they stay in and are fairly comfortable.

Received them yesterday, on black colour. First time with wireless headphones.
Tried them several times and none complained about my voice.
Tested thoroughly with my wife and my brother, both said me that hear me way more clearly that the phone itself.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)