FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Note 10 plus battery cases

2,997 posts
Thanks Meter: 569

By ekerbuddyeker, Senior Member on 18th September 2019, 10:53 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I generally like to get these (I do miss the ability to simply switch battery!)

I purchased one off EBAY, a 6000 mah case (link below) and its MASSIVE, heavy and unwieldy!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/For-Samsung...804FhhFQKN5QoQ

Has anyone purchase one they like?
The Following User Says Thank You to ekerbuddyeker For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ekerbuddyeker Ad-Free
18th September 2019, 11:32 PM |#2  
Flag Beverly Hills, CA
Thanks Meter: 121

More
ZEROLEMON is the only company I trust for battery cases.

https://zerolemon.com/collections/sa...hoCoREQAvD_BwE
The Following User Says Thank You to DaPoets For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DaPoets Ad-Free
19th September 2019, 06:20 AM |#3  
Flag COATZACOALCOS
Thanks Meter: 483

Donate to Me
More
I got an official samsung wireles battery case back in the days of my note7, but to be honest, the phone becomes heavy and uncomfortable to hold
7th October 2019, 04:05 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
ZeroLemon says their case does not have pass-through USB-C audio even if you use a cable with a DAC. Can anyone confirm this as this would be yet another downside of using this case(No NFC or Wireless Charging)?

Its interesting to see the problems people have with these slimmer cases since I used this for almost my entire Note 4's operational life and I had it from 2 months after launch to around a month ago. I guess I just got used to it and I don't have huge hands. #OriginalGameboy
9th October 2019, 06:05 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Punk Juice
Punk Juice is the best company for a battery case. I only trust punk juice while buying battery cases.
9th October 2019, 06:13 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 170

More
I had 3 zerolemon cases for my note 9s and they dont pass through data/dex which i didnt like, so i decided against getting them for this years model and just grabbing the Samsung powerbank which can do wireless charging and wired charging at once. The current zerolemon cases for the note 10+ will not pass through dex.
10th October 2019, 03:21 AM |#7  
Flag COATZACOALCOS
Thanks Meter: 483

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ekerbuddyeker

I generally like to get these (I do miss the ability to simply switch battery!)

I purchased one off EBAY, a 6000 mah case (link below) and its MASSIVE, heavy and unwieldy!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/For-Samsung...804FhhFQKN5QoQ

Has anyone purchase one they like?

, reading your post I decided to give it a try,

I just purchased one of these, just received it today, looks well made, I am charging it, it has been connected for 2 hs, and it is not fully charged, 3 of 4 leds on, it employs a 5v 2Ah charger, so the long time is to be expected for a 6000 mAh battery, I will tell you later how well it charges the phone
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to winol For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift winol Ad-Free
11th October 2019, 04:26 AM |#8  
Flag Illinois
Thanks Meter: 0

More
-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetsujin_100

ZeroLemon says their case does not have pass-through USB-C audio even if you use a cable with a DAC. Can anyone confirm this as this would be yet another downside of using this case(No NFC or Wireless Charging)?

Its interesting to see the problems people have with these slimmer cases since I used for almost my entire Note 4's operational life and I had it from 2 months after launch to around a month ago. I guess I just got used to it and I don't have huge hands. #OriginalGameboy

The data sync is supported, but the wired earphone is not.

---------- Post added at 04:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:21 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by marctronixx

I had 3 zerolemon cases for my note 9s and they dont pass through data/dex which i didnt like, so i decided against getting them for this years model and just grabbing the Samsung powerbank which can do wireless charging and wired charging at once. The current zerolemon cases for the note 10+ will not pass through dex.

That Note 10+ wireless battery is compatible with Samsung Dex.
First, install Dex program from Samsung; Second, use the original USB C cable with Data transfer ability.
You may try with another computer.
11th October 2019, 10:31 AM |#9  
Triangle, VA
Thanks Meter: 171

More
I think the Zerolemon battery case is the best one currently out .. they finally getting it right

Sent from my [device_name] using XDA-Developers Legacy app
11th October 2019, 06:13 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroLemon-BatteryCase

The data sync is supported, but the wired phone is not.

Yes, I had been corresponding with a ZeroLemon representative about the lack of this feature, yet no matter how I worded the question the representative seemed unwilling or unable to answer with any technical specificity as to why this is the reality.

Maybe you would be capable of clarifying if the lack of USB-C audio pertains only to "passive" adapters that have no built in DAC and utilize the analog USB Audio Accessory Mode or if it also includes "active" devices/adapters with a built in DAC that use a digital signal from the device?

If it also includes devices/adapters with an internal DAC, what specifically is the reason this feature does not function when data transmission is supposed to be enabled through the cases USB-C port? If this feature is not possible through the cases USB-C port, I wonder what other features are disabled because of this issue?

I have run into issues before with manufacturers wherein the engineers and marketing/CS departments are not entirely on the same page as far as device functionality. I am trying to obtain as muchclear and detailed information to help inform my cellphone and peripheral buying decisions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smooth703

I think the Zerolemon battery case is the best one currently out .. they finally getting it right

Sent from my [device_name] using XDA-Developers Legacy app

To be honest, the current crop of battery cases for the N10+ seem only on par with each other and utilize the same basic design, probably from the same manufacturer, with a consideration or two being different between them. USB-C audio(and potentially other features) not being functional while using the case in my opinion are examples of ZeroLemon and others getting it wrong and trying to rush an incomplete product out to market to obtain sales connected to a new device. I hope the 10Ah case I was told will be releasing in a few weeks rectifies some of these issues.

Since ZeroLemon has thus far refused to give me any technical answers I can not truly determine if the fault lies with their technical implementations or Samsungs(which may be what they want). I personally would recommend getting a Powerbank that fit your needs for a universal stopgap measure and not supporting these companies half measures until they can explain themselves.
The Following User Says Thank You to Tetsujin_100 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Tetsujin_100 Ad-Free
12th October 2019, 03:06 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetsujin_100

Its interesting to see the problems people have with these slimmer cases since I used this for almost my entire Note 4's operational life and I had it from 2 months after launch to around a month ago. I guess I just got used to it and I don't have huge hands. #OriginalGameboy

Got my zerolemon 4 days ago and love it.. little on the big side but I'm a heavy user so need extra battery

NFC worked but only used it once and love the wireless charging. have not tried USB-c audio
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)