FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Note 10+ Pre-installed Screen Protector

222 posts
Thanks Meter: 44

By howie411, Senior Member on 19th August 2019, 06:50 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
So I noticed companies are already selling Screen Protectors for the Note 10+. From what I've read the Note comes with a Samsung Pre-installed one. Since I never had an S10, how is the pre-installed protector vs any of these 3rd party ones? Any reason not to use that one? I'm assuming if it gets nasty Samsung sells replacements. Also looks like the phone uses Gorilla Glass 6 vs 5 on the Note 9, so I'm guessing it should be more resistant to scratches and cracks.
The Following User Says Thank You to howie411 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift howie411 Ad-Free
19th August 2019, 07:22 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
scratch resistance have gotten worse over the years because corning is focusing on drop protection, and you kind of have to choose one or the other. Still think GG3 is the pinnacle of scratch resistance.

the screen protector is the same as any other plastic film one. Probably not amazing for the spen though, so maybe invest in a LOCA based glass protector. Whitestone is the easiest to install... but its pretty dang pricey. Definitely cheaper chinese options.
19th August 2019, 07:27 PM |#3  
Flag Tampa Bay
Thanks Meter: 1,192

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by howie411

So I noticed companies are already selling Screen Protectors for the Note 10+. From what I've read the Note comes with a Samsung Pre-installed one. Since I never had an S10, how is the pre-installed protector vs any of these 3rd party ones? Any reason not to use that one? I'm assuming if it gets nasty Samsung sells replacements. Also looks like the phone uses Gorilla Glass 6 vs 5 on the Note 9, so I'm guessing it should be more resistant to scratches and cracks.

Very last post in this thread there is a YouTube video that shows the quality.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/gal...ector-t3956714
22nd August 2019, 06:24 PM |#4  
Flag New Orleans
Thanks Meter: 2

More
yeah the screen protector that comes installed is trash. It doesn't even cover the entire screen
22nd August 2019, 08:10 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 282

Donate to Me
More
I already ordered a pair of tempered glass, saved my note 8 from several scary drops.
The Following User Says Thank You to gottahavit For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift gottahavit Ad-Free
22nd August 2019, 10:07 PM |#6  
Flag Cincinnati
Thanks Meter: 1,268

Donate to Me
More
I ripped that screen protector off right away. It was cheap and wasn't going to save you from anything lol.
The Following User Says Thank You to nosympathy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift nosympathy Ad-Free
22nd August 2019, 11:13 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 83

More
pulled it off mine to replace with a whitestone.

despite being factory it still had a fair gap around the side and it is probably about the same quality as any cheap film protector, so as far as protection is involved it will probably do for a day or 2 till you get something better but ultimately it's trash.
The Following User Says Thank You to Belimawr For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Belimawr Ad-Free
23rd August 2019, 03:12 AM |#8  
Flag Tampa Bay
Thanks Meter: 1,192

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy

I ripped that screen protector off right away. It was cheap and wasn't going to save you from anything lol.

Same here, took it off like it was just on for shipping protect.
23rd August 2019, 04:39 AM |#9  
Flag Springfield
Thanks Meter: 1,584

Donate to Me
More
I don't mind the factory protector. It feels pretty slick like glass, is very oleophobic, and the SPen glides across it no problem.

That said, I've ordered Whitestone Dome and will install it as soon as it gets here. As I think it offers better protection.

If you don't want tempered glass and messy LOCA installs, or just don't want to spend the money on Whitestonez than I HIGHLY recommend the Ringke Easy Dual soft screen protector. I had it on my Note 8, Note 9, and I installed it on my wife's S10+. Perfectly clear, smooth as glass. It's so clear, it covered the front facing camera but doesn't affect the picture quality at all. Like it's not even there.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mr. Orange 645 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Mr. Orange 645 Ad-Free
23rd August 2019, 04:45 AM |#10  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 44

More
I've never found a 3rd party screen protector for a phone with a curved screen that worked well. Starting with the S7 Edge, Note 8, and Note 9. I've tried all manor of screen protectors from glass, to plastic, to that crazy nano liquid stuff. Now I've never tried a whitestone dome one before. But every previous protector I've ever tried has been junk and has fallen off, gotten dust behind it or made the s-pen horrible to use. Maybe some of the Note 10+ ones will be different but for now the one that came with it seems to be working fine.
23rd August 2019, 07:31 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belimawr

pulled it off mine to replace with a whitestone.

despite being factory it still had a fair gap around the side and it is probably about the same quality as any cheap film protector, so as far as protection is involved it will probably do for a day or 2 till you get something better but ultimately it's trash.

Does your finger print scanner still work?

I installed a generic Loca glass screen protector but although a perfect install and fit, fingerprint doesn't work anymore
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)