Note 10+ Pre-installed Screen Protector

224 posts
Thanks Meter: 45

By howie411, Senior Member on 19th August 2019, 06:50 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
5th November 2019, 04:49 PM |#81  
Thanks Meter: 19

More
Have had my 10+ for three weeks, to be honest i did not notice the factory installed protector until scratches and marks started to appear on what i thought was the actual screen. The Samsung Store guy made me notice it. I bought a 3rd party protector but i'm not installing it until the built in one needs to be replaced, i actually like how it feels.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to elfarto For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift elfarto Ad-Free
6th November 2019, 08:24 AM |#82  
Flag COATZACOALCOS
Thanks Meter: 537

Donate to Me
More
Some subtle scratches are begining to appear on my protector, I got my note on sept 11th, I would really like not to change it, as it is most oleophobic I have ever seen
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to winol For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift winol Ad-Free
8th November 2019, 10:19 AM |#83  
Thanks Meter: 84

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by winol

Some subtle scratches are begining to appear on my protector, I got my note on sept 11th, I would really like not to change it, as it is most oleophobic I have ever seen

Mine is scratched all along the right side because of samsung live view cover.
The cover has hard plastic window and its edge scratches the protector on the curved edge. Left side is mint.

Im rather pissed considering the price of the cover. Samsung sells accessories that are barely fully tested (a bit like their products though, so no surprise here...).

We should be able to get replacement really, shame from Samsung. This occured because of their own cover, this kind of damage should be covered in warranty !
The Following User Says Thank You to mafy31 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mafy31 Ad-Free
8th November 2019, 11:05 AM |#84  
Thanks Meter: 40

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mafy31

Mine is scratched all along the right side because of samsung live view cover.
The cover has hard plastic window and its edge scratches the protector on the curved edge. Left side is mint.

Im rather pissed considering the price of the cover. Samsung sells accessories that are barely fully tested (a bit like their products though, so no surprise here...).

We should be able to get replacement really, shame from Samsung. This occured because of their own cover, this kind of damage should be covered in warranty !

The Note 8 Clear View Cover does not have this issue
It completely covers the front side of the phone

But the note 10 plus one barely covers the right side

I too have these scratches

Maybe it will get fixed in another case revision

I have a spare white one around here, but I didn't test it out yet
9th November 2019, 11:21 PM |#85  
Thanks Meter: 853

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by elfarto

Have had my 10+ for three weeks, to be honest i did not notice the factory installed protector until scratches and marks started to appear on what i thought was the actual screen. The Samsung Store guy made me notice it. I bought a 3rd party protector but i'm not installing it until the built in one needs to be replaced, i actually like how it feels.

I replaced mine with a third party and I am going to buy another new note just to get the OEM protector back!!!! LOL
9th November 2019, 11:48 PM |#86  
Flag COATZACOALCOS

Donate to Me
More
Sadly, a little bubble in the bottom is beginning to form, I think it is due to a poetic affinity case I put on, I already have another screen protector ready, but I will surely miss the outstanding oleophobic coating the factory applied one has
10th November 2019, 04:54 PM |#87  
Thanks Meter: 24

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by winol

Sadly, a little bubble in the bottom is beginning to form, I think it is due to a poetic affinity case I put on, I already have another screen protector ready, but I will surely miss the outstanding oleophobic coating the factory applied one has

When i removed mine a week ago due to bubble getting biger day by day i saw a difference in the display (more vivid colours) when i looked at the protector i removed it was yellowish
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SpideRMaN-17 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SpideRMaN-17 Ad-Free
10th November 2019, 05:16 PM |#88  
Flag COATZACOALCOS

Donate to Me
More
Well, thanks for the info!
11th November 2019, 06:01 AM |#89  
Chicago
Thanks Meter: 362

More
I've put screen protectors on my prior note phones, none of them ever lasted a few months. Either it got bubbles it I just got tied of it. The note 10 OEM screen protector is the only one I've kept on just because the phone came with it and I tell ya, it's one dam great screen protector.

Like it.

But I'm noticing some bubbles. So I it's about time I get a screen protector.
The Following User Says Thank You to kparikh82276 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kparikh82276 Ad-Free
11th November 2019, 12:20 PM |#90  
Thanks Meter: 203

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kparikh82276

I've put screen protectors on my prior note phones, none of them ever lasted a few months. Either it got bubbles it I just got tied of it. The note 10 OEM screen protector is the only one I've kept on just because the phone came with it and I tell ya, it's one dam great screen protector.

Like it.

But I'm noticing some bubbles. So I it's about time I get a screen protector.

Agreed! Real good protector and i'll struggle to find the replacement that will match it even close (mainly because of how well it is applied) once the damages becomes too much to put up with.
12th November 2019, 08:17 PM |#91  
Thanks Meter: 583

More
It was great while it lasted! It got messy looking so I removed it and I prefer without it.
The Following User Says Thank You to ekerbuddyeker For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ekerbuddyeker Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)