FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Slickwraps Naked Wrap and Aura Glow Note 10+

496 posts
Thanks Meter: 130

Post Reply Email Thread
Hey guys,

So I pre-ordered the Note 10+ in Aura Glow color and I've been pondering what case to put it in that won't hinder it's awesome looks.

I came across the Slickwraps Naked skins, and they seem like a perfect fit for my needs. I checked on Youtube to see if anyone else had done a comparison between the glossy and matte versions of the naked skin, but it doesn't seem like anyone has.

I'm curious if the glossy naked skin is as prone to fingerprints as the normal back of the phone. It seems the matte is less of a fingerprint magnet, but I don't know if it will block the "glow" on the back of the phone.

Has anyone else thought of doing this or had these skins on other phones in the past?

13th August 2019, 10:49 AM |#2  
Flag Kalamata
Thanks Meter: 72

More
Subscribed, I'm interested too.
13th August 2019, 08:55 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 140

More
I have used them, it still gets fingerprints but nowhere near as bad as the bare oem glass. Also, some clear cases stick to the clear wrap giving it a water bubble look. I wish I had a picture to show you what i mean. With my note 8 and note 9 and a slick wrap clear skin, tech 21 pure amd speck Presidio clear didnt stick to the clear wrap. UAG, otterbox clear symmetry, and spigen clear case all stuck to the clear wraps and gave it that water bubble look. Those were both on the note 8 and 9 with my personal experience. Not sure about other cases
The Following User Says Thank You to black96ss For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift black96ss Ad-Free
13th August 2019, 08:56 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
The TRANSPARENT SERIES Skins are amazing! They have one for the note 10 plus...
13th August 2019, 09:56 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 151

More
Stay away from SLICKWRAPS. Terrible company.
14th August 2019, 02:24 AM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Plymouth
Thanks Meter: 130

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by black96ss

I have used them, it still gets fingerprints but nowhere near as bad as the bare oem glass. Also, some clear cases stick to the clear wrap giving it a water bubble look. I wish I had a picture to show you what i mean. With my note 8 and note 9 and a slick wrap clear skin, tech 21 pure amd speck Presidio clear didnt stick to the clear wrap. UAG, otterbox clear symmetry, and spigen clear case all stuck to the clear wraps and gave it that water bubble look. Those were both on the note 8 and 9 with my personal experience. Not sure about other cases

Thank you for the tip! I got both the glossy and matte version and I'm going to try them out, take some pictures and share in case anyone else is interested. Got em both for $6 thanks to a sale they had.

People keep saying "Stay away from Slickwraps" and some other curse words about them, but for $6 how bad can it be? Does the wrap chew through metal or something?!
14th August 2019, 02:40 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 140

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by k4p741nkrunch

Thank you for the tip! I got both the glossy and matte version and I'm going to try them out, take some pictures and share in case anyone else is interested. Got em both for $6 thanks to a sale they had.

People keep saying "Stay away from Slickwraps" and some other curse words about them, but for $6 how bad can it be? Does the wrap chew through metal or something?!

I have had d brand, slickwrap and a company in the UK called xtreme skins. All three were decent, slickwrap has a way better color/style selection and always has discounts. D brand was really good to, packaged a little nicer and shipped faster but selection wasnt as good as slickwrap imo, xtreme skins has cool options like a cutout for the samsung emblem(kinda like what dbrand does for apple) but quality was a notch below dbrand and slickwrap. Still pretty good though but also took a few weeks to get.

---------- Post added at 02:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:34 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by k4p741nkrunch

Thank you for the tip! I got both the glossy and matte version and I'm going to try them out, take some pictures and share in case anyone else is interested.

Yes definitely show some of the matte clear style, I ordered clear and carbon fiber style like I do every year. I'm pretty sure you'll recieve 2 of each(2 gloss and 2 matte) because when you order a naked style, they ship 2 incase you f up. Atleast that's how it's been the last 2 devices I ordered for.[COLOR="Silver"]
14th August 2019, 11:20 AM |#8  
Flag Middle Earth
Thanks Meter: 117

More
I've bought many Slickwraps skins and Dbrand skins going back years. Dbrand are much more precise and fit to the edges better, but Slickwraps have a better selection (love their nature series)

I think both are shady in some of the stuff they've done like promotions with winners that are related to the company, or spamming reddit with bots dissing the competition.

Here are some images from previous phones running slickwraps skins:
https://imgur.com/a/kRKM1
https://imgur.com/a/Y1BMj
https://imgur.com/a/OT195
https://imgur.com/a/xJZS1
https://imgur.com/a/OZwOF
The Following User Says Thank You to Baldyl0cks For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Baldyl0cks Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)