FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Whitestone Some Preorder

2,699 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,332

By Mr. Orange 645, Senior Member on 14th August 2019, 03:46 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
I've never bought Whitestone Dome before, because I just couldn't justify the price. Well, I recently bought a used Note 9 that already had one installed. And now I see why everyone raves about them.

I got to thinking, I usually spend more buying cheap screen protectors than I would if I just ponied up the money upfront for Dome. So I decided to preorder a Whitestone for my Note 10+.

Here's my question for those that have bought them in the past. If I only have one Note 10+, is there any reason to get the two-pack? Don't they come with a lifetime warranty anyway? I think I read warranty replacements are only $10, so would it make sense to spend $15 more for the two-pack? Or am I missing something?

I ask because when I pre-ordered, they only had the single in stock, and I got it for $41. Well now the two pack is in stock for $54. Would it be worth it to cancel my first order and get the two-pack?

Obviously title should say DOME not SOME. Stupid autocorrect cc

14th August 2019, 04:45 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Orange 645

I've never bought Whitestone Dome before, because I just couldn't justify the price. Well, I recently bought a used Note 9 that already had one installed. And now I see why everyone raves about them.

I got to thinking, I usually spend more buying cheap screen protectors than I would if I just ponied up the money upfront for Dome. So I decided to preorder a Whitestone for my Note 10+.

Here's my question for those that have bought them in the past. If I only have one Note 10+, is there any reason to get the two-pack? Don't they come with a lifetime warranty anyway? I think I read warranty replacements are only $10, so would it make sense to spend $15 more for the two-pack? Or am I missing something?

I ask because when I pre-ordered, they only had the single in stock, and I got it for $41. Well now the two pack is in stock for $54. Would it be worth it to cancel my first order and get the two-pack?

Obviously title should say DOME not SOME. Stupid autocorrect cc

Where did you order 2 for 54?

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
14th August 2019, 05:14 AM |#3  
Flag Plymouth
Thanks Meter: 130

Donate to Me
More
I had the Whitestone Dome on my Note 8, put it on day one of owning the phone. Two years later and it's still sitting pretty with no issues. I have dropped my phone a couple times, nothing major, but every time I approached my phone fearing the worst. The Dome is tough as nails, though. Crack-free since day 1.

I would say the 2 pack is unnecessary for most people, but if you are the kind to juggle your phone or plan to use it as an airsoft scope then sure, pick up the two piece. :P
14th August 2019, 09:12 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
They don't work that good with in screen fingerprint, alot of misses.

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk
14th August 2019, 10:10 AM |#5  
Flag NW Lower MI
Thanks Meter: 3

More
My wife's started flaking away after it hit something in her purse. Mine has had no issues over 2 yrs. The best reason for 2 is if somehow damage it.

---------- Post added at 10:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by knight900

Where did you order 2 for 54?

The Whitestone website has them on sale with a 10% off promo code.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dark4rce-2 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Dark4rce-2 Ad-Free
14th August 2019, 01:24 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Springfield
Thanks Meter: 1,332

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by k4p741nkrunch

I had the Whitestone Dome on my Note 8, put it on day one of owning the phone. Two years later and it's still sitting pretty with no issues. I have dropped my phone a couple times, nothing major, but every time I approached my phone fearing the worst. The Dome is tough as nails, though. Crack-free since day 1.

I would say the 2 pack is unnecessary for most people, but if you are the kind to juggle your phone or plan to use it as an airsoft scope then sure, pick up the two piece. :P

How much is a warranty replacement? I was thinking it was only $10 anyway.
14th August 2019, 01:34 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark4rce-2

My wife's started flaking away after it hit something in her purse. Mine has had no issues over 2 yrs. The best reason for 2 is if somehow damage it.

---------- Post added at 10:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 AM ----------

The Whitestone website has them on sale with a 10% off promo code.

Unfortunately they do not ship to the country I am in. I guess I just have to wait for local distributor to bring it in.

15th August 2019, 08:52 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 62

More
I used them on my Note 9 since launch I'm on my second, first was my own fault put my keys in the wrong pocket and they chipped the edge of the glass then over time it cracked more and flaked away, second is fairly solid but shows signs of lifting on one side, but I work outside and do fairly physical work so they do take a fair bit, but they do way better than any other screen protector I've ever used, they seem to survive drops and hits way better and the screen response is way better.

also the only protector I've found for curved screens that doesn't let dust in behind it due to it being fully glued unlike most that seem to only glue the edges and in some cases it's not even all 4.
16th August 2019, 03:58 PM |#9  
Flag Nottingham
Thanks Meter: 19

More
I'd wait to see how it works with the fingerprint reader first. The reviews of the S10 one are not great.
16th August 2019, 06:22 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Yup, I ordered one but I am kind if surprised by the contrast between the positive recommendations I find in forums and a few poor reviews I read on Amazon, especially about the s10 version. Hope it means that forum users are more evolved users when it comes to installing screen protectors... Paid 60€ to find out, will come back here for a review.
16th August 2019, 06:47 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 381

More
My experience was awesome for almost 10 mos, but the past couple of mos I can see dried adhesive on the top where it looks like air bubbles underneath. No clue why or how that happened but im assuming that it just dried out after a while. That was my first time using it on my note 9, so I have kind of mixed emotions on getting one for the 10+. Depending on the quality of these other tempered glass protectors I bought, I may or may not get one but as far as durability goes, I have dropped my phone multiple times and only this last time which was on concrete did it even slightly crack. So I will give it 2 thumbs up for durability.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)