Whitestone Dome Preorder

Search This thread
I've never bought Whitestone Dome before, because I just couldn't justify the price. Well, I recently bought a used Note 9 that already had one installed. And now I see why everyone raves about them.

I got to thinking, I usually spend more buying cheap screen protectors than I would if I just ponied up the money upfront for Dome. So I decided to preorder a Whitestone for my Note 10+.

Here's my question for those that have bought them in the past. If I only have one Note 10+, is there any reason to get the two-pack? Don't they come with a lifetime warranty anyway? I think I read warranty replacements are only $10, so would it make sense to spend $15 more for the two-pack? Or am I missing something?

I ask because when I pre-ordered, they only had the single in stock, and I got it for $41. Well now the two pack is in stock for $54. Would it be worth it to cancel my first order and get the two-pack?

Obviously title should say DOME not SOME. Stupid autocorrect cc

Last edited by a moderator:

knight900

Feb 7, 2006
I've never bought Whitestone Dome before, because I just couldn't justify the price. Well, I recently bought a used Note 9 that already had one installed. And now I see why everyone raves about them.

I got to thinking, I usually spend more buying cheap screen protectors than I would if I just ponied up the money upfront for Dome. So I decided to preorder a Whitestone for my Note 10+.

Here's my question for those that have bought them in the past. If I only have one Note 10+, is there any reason to get the two-pack? Don't they come with a lifetime warranty anyway? I think I read warranty replacements are only $10, so would it make sense to spend $15 more for the two-pack? Or am I missing something?

I ask because when I pre-ordered, they only had the single in stock, and I got it for $41. Well now the two pack is in stock for $54. Would it be worth it to cancel my first order and get the two-pack?

Obviously title should say DOME not SOME. Stupid autocorrect cc
Where did you order 2 for 54?

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

k4p741nkrunch

Jun 14, 2010
Florida
I had the Whitestone Dome on my Note 8, put it on day one of owning the phone. Two years later and it's still sitting pretty with no issues. I have dropped my phone a couple times, nothing major, but every time I approached my phone fearing the worst. The Dome is tough as nails, though. Crack-free since day 1.

I would say the 2 pack is unnecessary for most people, but if you are the kind to juggle your phone or plan to use it as an airsoft scope then sure, pick up the two piece. :p

dboyrusky01

Jan 23, 2017
They don't work that good with in screen fingerprint, alot of misses.

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

My wife's started flaking away after it hit something in her purse. Mine has had no issues over 2 yrs. The best reason for 2 is if somehow damage it.

---------- Post added at 10:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 AM ----------

The Whitestone website has them on sale with a 10% off promo code.

Reactions: knight900
I had the Whitestone Dome on my Note 8, put it on day one of owning the phone. Two years later and it's still sitting pretty with no issues. I have dropped my phone a couple times, nothing major, but every time I approached my phone fearing the worst. The Dome is tough as nails, though. Crack-free since day 1.

I would say the 2 pack is unnecessary for most people, but if you are the kind to juggle your phone or plan to use it as an airsoft scope then sure, pick up the two piece. :p

How much is a warranty replacement? I was thinking it was only $10 anyway.

knight900

Feb 7, 2006
My wife's started flaking away after it hit something in her purse. Mine has had no issues over 2 yrs. The best reason for 2 is if somehow damage it.

---------- Post added at 10:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 AM ----------

Unfortunately they do not ship to the country I am in. I guess I just have to wait for local distributor to bring it in.

Belimawr

Aug 26, 2016
I used them on my Note 9 since launch I'm on my second, first was my own fault put my keys in the wrong pocket and they chipped the edge of the glass then over time it cracked more and flaked away, second is fairly solid but shows signs of lifting on one side, but I work outside and do fairly physical work so they do take a fair bit, but they do way better than any other screen protector I've ever used, they seem to survive drops and hits way better and the screen response is way better.

also the only protector I've found for curved screens that doesn't let dust in behind it due to it being fully glued unlike most that seem to only glue the edges and in some cases it's not even all 4.

JohnDoe01

Oct 12, 2006
Yup, I ordered one but I am kind if surprised by the contrast between the positive recommendations I find in forums and a few poor reviews I read on Amazon, especially about the s10 version. Hope it means that forum users are more evolved users when it comes to installing screen protectors... Paid 60€ to find out, will come back here for a review.

swaze

Nov 11, 2009
My experience was awesome for almost 10 mos, but the past couple of mos I can see dried adhesive on the top where it looks like air bubbles underneath. No clue why or how that happened but im assuming that it just dried out after a while. That was my first time using it on my note 9, so I have kind of mixed emotions on getting one for the 10+. Depending on the quality of these other tempered glass protectors I bought, I may or may not get one but as far as durability goes, I have dropped my phone multiple times and only this last time which was on concrete did it even slightly crack. So I will give it 2 thumbs up for durability.

Belimawr

Aug 26, 2016
My experience was awesome for almost 10 mos, but the past couple of mos I can see dried adhesive on the top where it looks like air bubbles underneath. No clue why or how that happened but im assuming that it just dried out after a while. That was my first time using it on my note 9, so I have kind of mixed emotions on getting one for the 10+. Depending on the quality of these other tempered glass protectors I bought, I may or may not get one but as far as durability goes, I have dropped my phone multiple times and only this last time which was on concrete did it even slightly crack. So I will give it 2 thumbs up for durability.

that's the problem I have with mine on the Note 9 at the moment, it started to appear after the phone took a bump, I believe it is just the glass lifted slightly in the bump.

on the people and the fingerprint scanner, seen a few reviews some people have said they had to try the install more than once to get the scanner to work properly so it may just be it needs to be installed well for the reader to pass through the glue and screen protector. but for me I'm more disappointed they took the Iris scan out, I've never had any luck with fingerprint readers in the past they always seem to struggle with my fingerprints. so I don't hold much hope on the scanner working well either way.

SteveyJack

Jul 11, 2012
Nottingham
Yup, I ordered one but I am kind if surprised by the contrast between the positive recommendations I find in forums and a few poor reviews I read on Amazon, especially about the s10 version. Hope it means that forum users are more evolved users when it comes to installing screen protectors... Paid 60€ to find out, will come back here for a review.

I hope they've worked the kinks out now they've had a few months to play around with it. I've had one on my Note 9 since the day it arrived and it still looks brand new so I'd feel much better with one on my 10+ next week.

Belimawr

Aug 26, 2016
my protector came today ready for friday, they have changed/added a step to the install I'm guessing to deal with the fingerprint scanner, there is a lump of what looks like machined polycarbonate and a suckercup, it slots into the bottom end of the installation jig and is placed on the glas before it is lowered with a ridge facing the phone I'm guessing to add pressure to middle of the protector as it sets, the lump also has a circle on it that it tells you to line the glue up in before lowering the screen protector.

so it seems a bit more fiddly to install as you are aiming for a target rather than just running the glue back to the protector, but I'm guessing it is to help with the fingerprint scanner and looking at how it installs user error could be a large factor in why people are seeing problems as the tolerances seem quite small. also I don't know if the S10 kits had this same install method but I know the Note 9 didn't have the step with the weight.

jstodda

Sep 4, 2010
Dallas, TX
There is simply not a better screen protector out there. I have had Samsung phones since the very beginning (worked for a wireless carrier for 13 years). I've had every type of screen protector you can buy. I used to stick with Zagg glass as they were the truest to touch and I had a zagg store to install and replace them for $10 a pop whenever I wanted.

Then I found the Whitestone. I travel a LOT, I'm HARD on phones (backpacking, lots of water, etc). I use my phone for EVERYTHING. Once I got the hang of install NOTHING has come close. Durable, perfect tactile feel, nearly flawless install every time. I use fingerprint all the time (Samsung pay) and didnt have issues on Note 9, Galasy S10+ and dont expect them on the Note 10+ either.

You may have a little drying at the top of the protector but only after lots of direct sun, water submersion, or other. Make sure you cure it really well and you won't have an issue.

There is not going to be a better protector as the light adhesive barrier between the screen and the glass makes touch sensitivity perfect PLUS it reinforces the protector.

PROTIP: Get the 2 pack. Whitestone requires a picture of the cracked or damage replacement for a swap (only $10). Buy 2 so you can replace with the new one while getting the second swapped out.

Reactions: butchieboy
There is simply not a better screen protector out there. I have had Samsung phones since the very beginning (worked for a wireless carrier for 13 years). I've had every type of screen protector you can buy. I used to stick with Zagg glass as they were the truest to touch and I had a zagg store to install and replace them for $10 a pop whenever I wanted.

Then I found the Whitestone. I travel a LOT, I'm HARD on phones (backpacking, lots of water, etc). I use my phone for EVERYTHING. Once I got the hang of install NOTHING has come close. Durable, perfect tactile feel, nearly flawless install every time. I use fingerprint all the time (Samsung pay) and didnt have issues on Note 9, Galasy S10+ and dont expect them on the Note 10+ either.

You may have a little drying at the top of the protector but only after lots of direct sun, water submersion, or other. Make sure you cure it really well and you won't have an issue.

There is not going to be a better protector as the light adhesive barrier between the screen and the glass makes touch sensitivity perfect PLUS it reinforces the protector.

PROTIP: Get the 2 pack. Whitestone requires a picture of the cracked or damage replacement for a swap (only $10). Buy 2 so you can replace with the new one while getting the second swapped out.

2-pack was sold out when i placed my order. Of course its in stock now, but I've already ordered. I'll just stick with the single pack and take my chances. $10 for a replacement seems reasonable enough.

If I decide i don't like the Whitestone Dome, I'll go back to Ringke Easy Film. Its easily the best soft screen protector on the market. I do love the Whitestone on my Note 9, I'm just not sure about how it will affect the FP reader. As others have said, it seems to be a mixed bag of reviews.

Reactions: jstodda

Belimawr

Aug 26, 2016
2-pack was sold out when i placed my order. Of course its in stock now, but I've already ordered. I'll just stick with the single pack and take my chances. $10 for a replacement seems reasonable enough.

If I decide i don't like the Whitestone Dome, I'll go back to Ringke Easy Film. Its easily the best soft screen protector on the market. I do love the Whitestone on my Note 9, I'm just not sure about how it will affect the FP reader. As others have said, it seems to be a mixed bag of reviews.

reading the install it sounds like you really need to be precise with fitting the protector, so I'm guessing if you can fit it well enough you shouldn't see any problems.

RaymondPJR

Oct 7, 2010
Portland
I've had very minimal issues with mine installed on my Note 9. I have just two short spider-lines at the top and two at the bottom. Plus there is a little bubbling right on the curve of the screen. These all came after a bump or drop, the install was pristine for months. I'm going with Whitestone again!

I've read its recommended to scan your fingers in several positions and to scan the same finger more than once, to get the best reading, and that's what I'll do.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Tanks for your comment.
    I'll try this one, but, at this moment, there is no reseller in belgium. Cannot found in France or Germany...

don't know if it's any help but Amazon UK sells it. not sure how it works with deliveries around the EU.