FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[RECOVERY][UNOFFICIAL] TWRP for Galaxy Note 10 (Exynos)

2,046 posts
Thanks Meter: 10,643

By geiti94, Senior Member on 27th August 2019, 02:24 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Team Win Recovery Project 3.3.1

Exynos ONLY.
In NO way it is compatible with Snapdragon variants including but not limited to American(U/A/T/P/V), Chinese(0/8/6), Hong Kong(0), Japanese(SC-*), Canadian(W) variants.

Special Notes:
1. DON'T FORGET TO ENABLE "OEM UNLOCK" (located in Developers options).
2. KNOX will be tripped once you flashed custom binaries to your phone.
(Your warranty may be voided. However this may not affect you if your country forces Samsung to provide hardware warranty regardless of software status.)
3. Samsung Firmware OTA (aka System Updates) will no longer work once you flashed custom binaries.
(You can flash custom ROMs if you want to keep the OS up-to-date.)
4. All apps that use KNOX like Samsung pay, Secure Folder and maybe more will no more work

Download: Note 10(Exynos variants - N970/971/975/976/N/F/B)
Download

Sources:
TWRP Tree and kernel source

Changelog:
-Reverted MTP Changes from last build since for some mtp dont worked in system

- Fixed the bug that mtp dont worked any more on TWRP when usb cable got disconnected and reconnected
- Modded Kernel for have MTP in TWRP, Samsung Roms and GSI roms (for GSI Roms flash GSI_MTP_ENABLER.zip)
- Reverted FFS MTP changes since new way is more stable

- Fixed MTP using FFS_MTP in recovery (Thx to @bigbiff for add FFS MTP support on TWRP 3.3.0. FFS_MTP dont corrupts large files like the mtp used by samsung in the roms)
- Removed File Based backups because the phone refuses to boot from filebased backups since they breaks the rootfs

-Initial Release

Bugs:
-No one

Telegram Group
https://t.me/twrp_n10

XDA:DevDB Information
[RECOVERY] TWRP for Galaxy Note 10 (Exynos), Kernel for the Samsung Galaxy Note 10+

Contributors
geiti94
Kernel Special Features:

Version Information
Stable Release Date: 2019-08-27

Created 2019-08-27
Last Updated 2019-09-21
The Following 29 Users Say Thank You to geiti94 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift geiti94 Ad-Free
27th August 2019, 02:25 PM |#2  
Guide:
  1. Go to Developer settings and enable oem unlock
  2. power off the device and boot in download mode with power + vol down buttons and plug in the usb (make sure usb cable is connected to the pc)
  3. in download mode you see the long press vol up option for unlock bl
  4. unlock the bootloader (that will wipe your device so be sure you made a backup of your data)
  5. after bootloader unlock boot up the phone and make sure it is connected to the internet or he triggers rmm prenormal
  6. setup the phone without google account etc
  7. reboot in download mode and flash the magisk prepatched tar for your device with odin in the AP field (if you want to patch twrp byself download unpatched tar and select it in magisk manager. patched tar is in downloads folder after patch)
  8. hold vol up + power button while odin is flashing until you are in twrp.
  9. format data in twrp
  10. flash the multidisabler zip by ian in twrp
  11. press reboot to recovery in twrp for boot rooted with magisk.
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to geiti94 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift geiti94 Ad-Free
27th August 2019, 03:33 PM |#3  
so all builds are uploaded unpatched. for magisk you can patch it byself with magisk manager
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to geiti94 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift geiti94 Ad-Free
27th August 2019, 04:07 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 52

More
Beware of multidisabler 1.3 at this moment, it has some bug
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to oggi21 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift oggi21 Ad-Free
27th August 2019, 04:09 PM |#5  
Quote:
Originally Posted by oggi21

Beware of multidisabler 1.3 at this moment, it has some bug

then ian needs to fix it. i saw only he added note 10 support.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to geiti94 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift geiti94 Ad-Free
27th August 2019, 04:10 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 48

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by geiti94

so all builds are uploaded unpatched. for magisk you can patch it byself with magisk manager

so you do the patch with magisk and ap rom flash via odin route still?

its old school jsut just fllash twrp via odin
27th August 2019, 04:12 PM |#7  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezy88

so you do the patch with magisk and ap rom flash via odin route still?

its old school jsut just fllash twrp via odin

in magisk manager select "select file for patch" and select then the downloaded tar. after patch you have a new tar in downloads folder of your phone
The Following User Says Thank You to geiti94 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift geiti94 Ad-Free
27th August 2019, 04:21 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 52

More
Quote:

then ian needs to fix it. i saw only he added note 10 support.

Yeah, he said he gonna fix it today
27th August 2019, 04:44 PM |#9  
so i added in download folder byself a n10 disabler because i saw that ians one will never ever work because my twrp use busybox and not toolbox (i like it easyers for dev thats why busybox is added)

that zip disables encrpytion, fix secure storage, removed 2 libs for not let the phone fall under prenormal state etc
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to geiti94 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift geiti94 Ad-Free
27th August 2019, 04:49 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 48

More
Quote:

in magisk manager select "select file for patch" and select then the downloaded tar. after patch you have a new tar in downloads folder of your phone

do it with Carney and patch it then flash the patch with odin,can it patch right now with a note 8,im getting my note 10+ tomorrow

---------- Post added at 11:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:49 AM ----------

Quote:

do it with Carney and patch it then flash the patch with odin,can it patch right now with a note 8,im getting my note 10+ tomorrow?
27th August 2019, 04:51 PM |#11  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezy88

do it with Carney and patch it then flash the patch with odin,can it patch right now with a note 8,im getting my note 10+ tomorrow

---------- Post added at 11:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:49 AM ----------

do it with Carney and patch it then flash the patch with odin,can it patch right now with a note 8,im getting my note 10+ tomorrow?

yes you can
The Following User Says Thank You to geiti94 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift geiti94 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)