Thanks Meter: 14,912

Post Reply Email Thread

LineageOS 16.0 for Galaxy Note10 Series

Code:
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 */

Working:
- Wifi
- Sound
- mali drivers
- USB tethering
- Video Playback
- Fingerprint Sensor
- Ril (Mobile data,calls, sms and stuff)
- Sensors
- Bluetooth
- Wifi HotSpot
- MTP
- 2D and 3D gpu acceleration
- HW encoding/decoding
- GPS
- Cameras (All of them)
- HWcomposer (HWC)
- Signal indicator
- Double tap to wake
- Wireless PowerShare

Not Working
- VoLTE and VoWiFi will not be implemented (for now) as they heavily depand on samsungs framework
- Advanced S-Pen functionality like gestures
- 5G conectivity on N976B as android doesnt have standard implementation for it in place yet

To properly report a bug (Please dont report things already on the Not Working list)
a) Logcat
b) /proc/last_kmsg (or /proc/kmsg)
c) /data/tombstones
d) dmesg

Please do not report bugs if you have performed any system modifications excluding gapps and addonsu installation

Installation instructions

Make sure you are on correct firmware
N976B (Note10+ 5G) N976BXXU1ASHE
N975F (Note10+) N975FXXU1ASJ2
N970F (Note10) N970FXXU1ASJ2

Download twrp from here
flash twrp as per given instructions
Once in twrp flash multi-disabler
format data
wipe cache dalvink system
flash LineageOS
If you want to have gapps flash them right after flashing the rom before first booting
Install addonsu if you want root (make sure system is not mounted before flashing addonsu)
Reboot the device

If you are updating from previous release just flash the rom on top of old one and wipe cache/dalvik(art) cache

Downloads:
Mega.nz
(Select build coresponding to your devices codename, Note10 = d1 | Note10+ = d2s | Note10+ 5G = d2x)

OpenGapps
Root

I do this in my free time so bear that in mind when you notice I didn't fix known bug in next available build, Currently i work on this alone and i am not one of those kangers that just copy source and claim it as their own work,
if you want to support the project feel free to buy me some coffee paypal.me/ivanmeler

Based On Android 9 Pie
Changelog

- First public release

XDA:DevDB Information
[ROM] LineageOS 16.0 for Note10/Note10+/Note10+ 5G Exynos, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Note 10+

Contributors
Ivan_Meler
Source Code: https://github.com/ivanmeler/d2x_kernel/

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
ROM Firmware Required: N976BXXU1ASHE/N975FXXU1ASJ2/N970FXXU1ASJ2
Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
Current Stable Version: 1.0.0
Stable Release Date: 2019-11-14

Created 2019-11-14
Last Updated 2019-11-14
The Following 23 Users Say Thank You to Ivan_Meler For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th November 2019, 04:11 PM |#4  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Vukovar

Donate to Me
More
Note10+ and Note10+ 5G builds were both tested, Note10 build is untested but should work just fine,
For kernel source master branch is used on Note10+ 5g while d2s branch is used on Note10 and Note10+
Fingerprint sensor works just fine but you have to locate it yourself (Its right above navbar near the middle of it), I will add icon to indicate its position soon
Q builds are coming really soon, I wanted to make sure there was no regression compared to s10 series first so i made pie builds first to compare functionality
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Ivan_Meler For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th November 2019, 07:05 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Bootlooping on SM-N970F, did a clear wipe.
14th November 2019, 08:00 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 73

More
Ivan, that's more than fantastic news! Having LOS17 is even better, guess you're king here for now, as NOTE 10 plus is the best device to own right now.

Question: will FBE encryption ever work with AOSP builds like yours on S10/N10 or it is simply not possible to implement it (now or in the future) due to custom Samsung implementation? I understand we are relying on Samsung kernel and it's sources here, so this can be real showstopper.

Please add its status to working/not working department with some update what's required for it to work so users are informed before going flash process.

Thank you
14th November 2019, 09:41 PM |#7  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Vukovar

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowgaR

Ivan, that's more than fantastic news! Having LOS17 is even better, guess you're king here for now, as NOTE 10 plus is the best device to own right now.

Question: will FBE encryption ever work with AOSP builds like yours on S10/N10 or it is simply not possible to implement it (now or in the future) due to custom Samsung implementation? I understand we are relying on Samsung kernel and it's sources here, so this can be real showstopper.

Please add its status to working/not working department with some update what's required for it to work so users are informed before going flash process.

Thank you

it actually does fully work but iirc twrp for note10 doesnt support it so while system would be just fine with it and you could use it you would have to flash updates from sdcard, you can edit multidisabler and tell it not to remove encryption line from fstab, or just add back encryption to userdata back in fstab entry
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ivan_Meler For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th November 2019, 09:58 PM |#8  
Flag Manchester
Thanks Meter: 520

Donate to Me
More
Thank you Honi ❤️
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CodeFox For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift CodeFox Ad-Free
14th November 2019, 10:25 PM |#9  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,502

More
Welcome aboard. Thank you for your support
14th November 2019, 11:13 PM |#10  
Flag Farnborough
Thanks Meter: 637

Donate to Me
More
Any plans to update the base OS to Android 10?
15th November 2019, 12:28 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 73

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedyjay

Any plans to update the base OS to Android 10?

Ivan mentioned in post 4 that Android Q is in the work queue.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)