FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[sGSI][Testing]Android 10.0 AOSP[24/10/2019]

340 posts
Thanks Meter: 520

Post Reply Email Thread
Hi Guys,

Some of you may remember me if you had a Galaxy S9 or Note 10... I rooted my Note 10+ 5G (N976B) Last night and decided to try and have a stab at getting stock android on there by means of project treble. This is a Semi Generic System Image - meaning it's been/being enhanced specifically for our note devices and less focused towards being cross compatible with other devices.

If you have already tested the existing treble roms you'll know that the back lighting doesn't work and you can't adjust brightness. I've had a play around and I've got a working Android 10 AOSP build with fully working backlighting. I thought I'd share as I'd seen a few people who said they can't get GSI's working.

Download System Image
Gapps are included, the image is not rooted. You can flash Magisk yourself.

How to flash:
  • Make sure you're on a stock based rom (and rooted/twrped) Dr Ketan posted a good guide for this.
  • Download the System Image above
  • Reboot to TWRP
  • Select Wipe
  • Slide the bar across the bottom of the screen
  • Go back to the main TWRP menu and select install
  • Press "Install Image" at the bottom right.
  • Select the system image you downloaded and swipe to flash.

Once the GSI boots perform another reboot - for some reason the navbar doesn't start up on first boot.

What's working and not working:
Obviously you lose S-Pen functionality, but can still use it as a stylus. You also lose the ability to use your telephoto and telescopic lenses.
UltraSonic Fingerprint isn't working at the moment, but I'm looking into fixing that.

How can you help me?
Let me know how it's working for the different device models. People on other versions please can you let me know your device vendor fingerprint. (to do this On your device, in adb or Termux app use this command: getprop ro.vendor.build.fingerprint)

Credits:
phhusson - for all the project treble work, this is all thanks to him.
The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to CodeFox For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift CodeFox Ad-Free
24th October 2019, 06:13 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Please please support N976n. 😱😱😱
24th October 2019, 07:32 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Manchester

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xshaowenruix

Please please support N976n.

It should work, it's semi generic. Give it a try and let me know if it works.

If it doesn't I'll need your device fingerprint.
25th October 2019, 01:36 AM |#4  
Flag COATZACOALCOS
Thanks Meter: 540

Donate to Me
More
Good work!
25th October 2019, 03:00 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 180

More
Nice ... you stared to work whit the N10+ , still remember havoc in my N9 was a great time , keep goin Fox
The Following User Says Thank You to Gabe2014 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Gabe2014 Ad-Free
25th October 2019, 02:44 PM |#6  
Flag New Jersey
Thanks Meter: 196

More
@CodeFox. Thank you so much for your work with this! I booted successfully into Android 10 which is awesome. Installing Magisk was successful as well. Do you have any plans to add mods to this?
25th October 2019, 03:36 PM |#7  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,502

More
Welcome aboard
The Following User Says Thank You to uppon2 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift uppon2 Ad-Free
25th October 2019, 06:02 PM |#8  
OP Senior Member
Flag Manchester

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by carandcar

@CodeFox. Thank you so much for your work with this! I booted successfully into Android 10 which is awesome. Installing Magisk was successful as well. Do you have any plans to add mods to this?

Glad to hear it worked for you - can I ask what specific device you're using?

No mods to this really, but right now I'm compiling a AEX pie based sGSI which I'm hoping should have some more improved functionality and potentially the fingerprint sensor working. There's no reason to mod bog standard Android 10, may aswell just use custom roms.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CodeFox For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift CodeFox Ad-Free
26th October 2019, 12:17 AM |#9  
Flag New Jersey
Thanks Meter: 196

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CodeFox

Glad to hear it worked for you - can I ask what specific device you're using?

No mods to this really, but right now I'm compiling a AEX pie based sGSI which I'm hoping should have some more improved functionality and potentially the fingerprint sensor working. There's no reason to mod bog standard Android 10, may aswell just use custom roms.

I have N975f. I understand what you mean about keeping it pure. I just like to be able to change the look up. 😊 Thank you again for bringing this to us.
28th October 2019, 11:38 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I managed to get fingerprint working
I seem to have gotten it working by doing a fresh reset, flashing this version of gapps (https://forum.xda-developers.com/and...0-0-0-t3968500), wiped cache/dalvik then rebooted. i dont know if it made a difference or not but i also held my thumb on the sensor for extra long during the initial set up. Did it on N975F
The Following User Says Thank You to Jamjarr For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Jamjarr Ad-Free
29th October 2019, 09:05 AM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Flag Manchester

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamjarr

I seem to have gotten it working by doing a fresh reset, flashing this version of gapps (https://forum.xda-developers.com/and...0-0-0-t3968500), wiped cache/dalvik then rebooted. i dont know if it made a difference or not but i also held my thumb on the sensor for extra long during the initial set up. Did it on N975F

Hmm, Interesting. I will look into it. Thank you.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)