FORUMS

Alarm app

334 posts
Thanks Meter: 65

By disturbd1, Senior Member on 14th February 2020, 04:09 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
What alarm app is everyone using? I used Timely for years, but the dev hasn't updated it since 2018 and it doesn't work in 10.

I started using AMdroid, but it too doesn't work; the alarm won't display with the screen locked. I'm having to unlock my phone with one eye open, drag the tray down to access the persistent notification, and then tap to open the app to snooze or dismiss.

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk
14th February 2020, 04:16 AM |#2  
Phoenix
Thanks Meter: 213

More
Sleep with android

The Following User Says Thank You to VICosPhi For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift VICosPhi Ad-Free
14th February 2020, 04:19 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 10

Donate to Me
More
I can't find alarm application like Timely till now..I hope it will be updated soon
14th February 2020, 04:03 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 10

Donate to Me
More
it doesn't have sync with multiple devices feature
14th February 2020, 09:34 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 65

More
Obviously I'm aware of the stock Clock app.

My biggest reason for using a third party app is volume increase, additional options, and multiple devices.

15th February 2020, 05:17 AM |#7  
ATT California USA
Thanks Meter: 220

More
i always use 2 alarm apps as a backup in case the 1st alarm app didnt go off.
i use Alarm Clock Xtreme, you can set a quick alarm like entering 10 minutes or 20 mintues. or preset it with 1 click to wake you in 30 minutes, etc
15th February 2020, 08:45 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 68

More
Google watch.
Stock app lacks increasing volume, ability to end a recurring alarm before it happens and "press button to end alarm" option.

Gesendet von meinem MI PAD 4 PLUS mit Tapatalk
15th February 2020, 10:34 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 254

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandhi70

Google watch.
Stock app lacks increasing volume, ability to end a recurring alarm before it happens and "press button to end alarm" option.

Gesendet von meinem MI PAD 4 PLUS mit Tapatalk

You must have not used it in a while, because it had all of these things. The sync across multiple devices I cannot confirm, but the others features I use daily..

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to MatroxD For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MatroxD Ad-Free
25th February 2020, 05:37 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 68

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MatroxD

You must have not used it in a while, because it had all of these things. The sync across multiple devices I cannot confirm, but the others features I use daily..

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Ok you are right. Mostly. Still I have two dislikes with Samsung alarm.

1) only vibrates when phone is in silent mode. Found no option do disable this.
2) no option to skip the next alarm in a series. Miui asked to disable just the next alarm, when you turned off a alarm series like a weekly alarm.

Gesendet von meinem SM-N975F mit Tapatalk
25th February 2020, 07:43 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 91

More
I use DND on a schedule overnight and the Samsung app still plays sound if you set it up to, I would assume silent mode should have a similar option, but generally if you set a device to silent it is because you don't want the device to make any noise at all, it is basically a quick way to silence everything, so using DND is a better option.

as an alternative the google app is the best I've found as a simple alternative, more so now they have added google assistant to it so I can have it do stuff like bring the lights up with the alarm. also allows the phone to perform other tasks on alarm, it's the feature most missing from the stock Samsung clock.
The Following User Says Thank You to Belimawr For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Belimawr Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)