FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Apps not updating when phone not in use...

167 posts
Thanks Meter: 27

By SteveyJack, Senior Member on 28th August 2019, 04:36 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Has anyone else noticed this? I've noticed it with the Gmail and Youtube apps specifically but it could be happening on other things and I've just not noticed. If I have emails and delete read them on my desktop then the notification doesn't clear on my phone and notifications for YouTube subscriptions appear when I unlock my phone. I don't think it's happening 100% of the time, I have watched email notifications clearing when I clear the emails on my desktop but it's happening enough for me to notice and make this thread. Power mode is on high performance, pretty sure it's all set the same as my Note 9 was, so is this another niggle that an update is going to sort?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SteveyJack For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SteveyJack Ad-Free
28th August 2019, 08:28 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 171

More
Battery optimization settings?
28th August 2019, 10:31 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Nottingham

More
That was my initial thought but it's configured the same as my Note 9 was and I didn't have any issues with that.
29th August 2019, 09:23 AM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Nottingham

More
Something not quite right here. I woke up to no notifications for Gmail so I've disabled adaptive battery for it and it's still hit and miss with notifications.

No one else at all getting these issues?
The Following User Says Thank You to SteveyJack For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SteveyJack Ad-Free
29th August 2019, 09:42 AM |#5  
Flag SE London
Thanks Meter: 98

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveyJack

Something not quite right here. I woke up to no notifications for Gmail so I've disabled adaptive battery for it and it's still hit and miss with notifications.

Mine was doing something similar and the battery optimisation setting was turned off so I delved into gmail settings and found that all of the labels that I need notifications for had been set to No Notification so I turned the notifications back on for the labels and it works just fine now

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk
29th August 2019, 04:19 PM |#6  
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveyJack

Yes, I do experience the same issues. I've checked the notification settings and battery optimizing settings multiple times. It is exactly the same as my Note 8. My Note 8 displays the notifications directly while my Note 10 doesn't.
The Following User Says Thank You to jabberwock For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jabberwock Ad-Free
29th August 2019, 04:20 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Nottingham

More
At least it looks like it's a Note 10 issue then.
30th August 2019, 02:23 AM |#8  
Yes I seem to be experiencing the same issue. Thought it was odd I didn't have any gmail notifications and went into the app and all the emails came in.
30th August 2019, 09:47 AM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Flag Nottingham

More
I can feel my sanity returning. I even did a full wipe yesterday and set it up fresh instead of the smart switch I did originally and it's still doing it.
30th August 2019, 02:27 PM |#10  
OP Senior Member
Flag Nottingham

More
I swear it's getting worse which makes absolutely no sense at all. Before it just occasional times but now I'm having to go into the app every time to find emails.
30th August 2019, 07:15 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Flag Nottingham

More
Talking to myself now but...

I had the Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 arrive today, they're sat on my desk side by side, the Tab is getting Gmail alerts and my Note 10+ isn't.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)