FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Bluetooth audio quality question

96 posts
Thanks Meter: 26

By ErickF, Member on 10th October 2019, 04:58 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello. I change phones alot and have noticed that some phones(all android) have better bluetooth playback than others.

I had a oneplus 7 pro before this phone and the bluetooth quality to my truck was great and had no issues but with this phone the highs sounds scratchy or like if the speaker is bad. But if i connect it with a wire connection it sounds great. Everything with the 2 phones is the same. On both i was using the galaxy watch and pretty much the same apps. On a previous phone the note 8 i had the same issue but it was a different car. Seems like its the way samsung handles bluetooth.
Has anyone had this issue? If so was there a fix?
Thanks
10th October 2019, 05:39 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 54

More
make sure not on mic

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk
10th October 2019, 05:42 AM |#3  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jemfalor

make sure not on mic

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

What do you mean?
10th October 2019, 07:08 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 89

More
The only two things I think about is the codec used that may be different across devices, and the Bluetooth settings that sync the phones volume with the headset (the differences are noticeable).

Since no DAC is used in Bluetooth, I don't think it can comes from them, for a same headset.
10th October 2019, 07:26 AM |#5  
Flag Sheffield
Thanks Meter: 136

Donate to Me
More
On Samsung phones you should run the adapt sound process. Try this.
10th October 2019, 06:52 PM |#6  
OP Member

More
I tried with the sync volume off too and no improvement.
I looked for the adapt sound and my phone doesn't have that setting. Or is it something different?
10th October 2019, 10:05 PM |#7  
Flag Sheffield
Thanks Meter: 136

Donate to Me
More
It's in Sounds and Vibration 》 Advanced Sound settings 》Sound Quality and effects 》 Adapt sound

You have to do this in a quiet place and ensure to answer honestly. If you can't hear the beeping press no.

After doing this the sound quality is night and day difference.
10th October 2019, 10:18 PM |#8  
OP Member

More
Ok found it. Ill play with it a bit. Thanks
11th October 2019, 12:17 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 223

More
I've had issues sometimes with audio being piped through the "Calls" Bluetooth channel versus the "Audio" channel so worth checking as the quality is obviously night and day.

I also like enabling Dolby Atmos on my Note 10+ for music so worth playing with too. Additionally, I recently found Samsung's Sound Assistant app which let's you customize a bunch of sound settings so worth checking out as well:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...soundassistant
11th October 2019, 01:42 AM |#10  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sansnil

I've had issues sometimes with audio being piped through the "Calls" Bluetooth channel versus the "Audio" channel so worth checking as the quality is obviously night and day.

I also like enabling Dolby Atmos on my Note 10+ for music so worth playing with too. Additionally, I recently found Samsung's Sound Assistant app which let's you customize a bunch of sound settings so worth checking out as well:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...soundassistant

Is there an easy way to tell if the audio is going through the call channel?
11th October 2019, 01:47 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 223

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErickF

Is there an easy way to tell if the audio is going through the call channel?

Easiest is probably just uncheck calls in your phones BT settings for your truck (and make sure audio is enabled). If the sound is still not great then this isn't the issue.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)