FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Charging speed post update

14 posts
Thanks Meter: 3

By ike__1985, Junior Member on 10th October 2019, 03:44 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Did anyone else notice a reduction in charging speed (wired and wireless) post recent update? I'm on an unlocked note 10+.
10th October 2019, 08:14 PM |#2  
Flag Up North
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Yes, but I think it is just the calibrated timer.
Indicated 1½ hours which went up to over 4hrs, phone charged to 100% in just over an hour.
So the phone still charges very quickly.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk
11th October 2019, 12:17 AM |#3  
Flag COATZACOALCOS
Thanks Meter: 483

Donate to Me
More
After the last update, my device charges at the same speed, I have never started a charge from zero, as I always try to avoid it due to unnecessary battery wear, but from 20% to 100% it takes some ~43 minutes, but I have only charged to 100% two times, again, to avoid unnecessary batt wear
11th October 2019, 03:32 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
What's the recommended charge threshold? when and how ?

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to mentathf For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mentathf Ad-Free
11th October 2019, 05:12 AM |#5  
Flag COATZACOALCOS
Thanks Meter: 483

Donate to Me
More
I have read several posts and articles, most important of all, NEVER let the battery go to ZERO, try charging when around 20% , and try to avoid reaching 100% all the time, but the really important is to avoid depleting the battery repeatedly
The Following User Says Thank You to winol For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift winol Ad-Free
11th October 2019, 06:32 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 18

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mentathf

What's the recommended charge threshold? when and how ?

20 to 80 percent or 30 to 80 percent
As slow as possible
The Following User Says Thank You to Reaper1337 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Reaper1337 Ad-Free
12th October 2019, 12:59 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 19

More
I've heard of all of these battery preserving charge parameters to keep it between 20 to 80% etc every device I've ever owned I have Let die completely or get to least 10% before charging. I also always charge all of my devices to 100% Max and have yet to find any kind of battery depletion issues where I've been able to notice a problem or where it's caused concern.

to each their own and it's good that people take caution in preserving the life of their phone but I usually don't hold on to my phone for 2 to 3 years and I've never noticed any battery depletion problems from going to zero to a hundred regularly.
12th October 2019, 01:59 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 844

More
I am seeing the same in charging speeds. 45w charger still right around an hour for 5% to 100% for me
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)