FORUMS

Conditional Call forwarding oncI1 / Unlocked

1,132 posts
Thanks Meter: 244

By todd3835, Senior Member on 12th June 2020, 08:08 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I have a factory unlocked Note10+. XAA/XAA/ATT. I'm trying to install RoboKiller for the Call Screening, but the forwarding code fails. I get a "connection problem or mmi failure. I'm on post paid not prepaid.

I'm guessing ATT has this blocked because I'm using the U1 firmware and / or because it's not a branded phone. I saw a while back someone had luck running U1 by flashing one file from the U. I think it was either Userdata or CSC file? Anyone have any suggestions?

I really don't want to switch to U. Getting timely updates is one of the big reasons for running U1. I don't want to wait until the end of the month or manually flash every month.
14th June 2020, 06:00 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 140

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by todd3835

I have a factory unlocked Note10+. XAA/XAA/ATT. I'm trying to install RoboKiller for the Call Screening, but the forwarding code fails. I get a "connection problem or mmi failure. I'm on post paid not prepaid.

I'm guessing ATT has this blocked because I'm using the U1 firmware and / or because it's not a branded phone. I saw a while back someone had luck running U1 by flashing one file from the U. I think it was either Userdata or CSC file? Anyone have any suggestions?

I really don't want to switch to U. Getting timely updates is one of the big reasons for running U1. I don't want to wait until the end of the month or manually flash every month.

Did you call AT&T and have them make the adjustments for conditional call forwarding? They should be able to do this for you.

AT&T uses an IMEI whitelist to only provision full service functionality to phones they sell. If call forwarding settings requires you to have an AT&T branded phone (I can't see where it should). So even if you flashed the file it may not have any effect.

More then likely (high probability) it is the userdata file you would want to flash.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/gal...1#post82832231
30th June 2020, 04:08 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 244

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottusa2008

Did you call AT&T and have them make the adjustments for conditional call forwarding? They should be able to do this for you.

AT&T uses an IMEI whitelist to only provision full service functionality to phones they sell. If call forwarding settings requires you to have an AT&T branded phone (I can't see where it should). So even if you flashed the file it may not have any effect.

More then likely (high probability) it is the userdata file you would want to flash.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/gal...1#post82832231

This person flashed to U. I want to avoid doing that. I'd prefer to stay on U1 for the faster updates.
30th June 2020, 05:02 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 140

More
Within regards to flashing the one file on U1 firmware question pretty sure userdata is still what you would flash.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)