.dxf file for CNC machining a Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Plus frame

Search This thread

Chocco8

Oct 13, 2017
Honor Magic V
Hi everyone,

I'm trying to find a dxf file to be able to be able to machine a frame for my project but cannot find one anywhere.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Belimawr

Aug 26, 2016
yeah Samsung is unlikely to give out that info, so you would likely need to get a fram and scan it to create a plot for the CNC as it will likely be kept under wraps to avoid imitation devices.

KOLIOSIS

I'm looking for the dxf for the actual Galaxy Note 10 Plus frame. My project is making a custom Note 10 Plus.

Sounds great, I hope you actually get this project going.
If you do, by all means, keep us posted on your progress.

What kind of customizations are you aiming for?
If you could build one with a removable battery/IR Blaster/LED notification/Dual-Sim + dedicated SD Card slot, we're all interested. (basically an updated Note 4)... ?

Regardless of how you customize your Note 10+, we're all pulling for ya. ✌️

Reactions: Chocco8

ultramag69

Nov 6, 2007
Waratah

If you could build one with a removable battery/IR Blaster/LED notification/Dual-Sim + dedicated SD Card slot, we're all interested. (basically an updated Note 4)...

Regardless of how you customize your Note 10+, we're all pulling for ya.

LOL, you forgot 3.5mm headphone jack... For shame... :silly::laugh:

Chocco8

Oct 13, 2017
Honor Magic V

If you could build one with a removable battery/IR Blaster/LED notification/Dual-Sim + dedicated SD Card slot, we're all interested. (basically an updated Note 4)... ?

For the moment its more of a aesthetic customisation... Changing the metal frame to a different material. But understanding how different materials affect signal strength etc is something I have to keep a close eye on.

I started with a simple update with the rear glass now clear instead of coloured. And this simple upgrade has started something now...lol??*♂️

Belimawr

Aug 26, 2016
The glass is generally the factor in signal it's why they keep the glass external and why thing like the iPhone resourt to stuff like making the logo out of different materials and antenna lines in the metal case. so really changing the underlying frame shouldn't make much a difference if it is engineered near identical to the stock, the only difference may be an improvement if you move it to a non metallic material, but likely at the cost of strength. but really as long as you keep glass or other non shielded materials as the front and back you should be fine to do whatever to the internal frame as the metal running through will already be engineered to account for the signals.

it's likely that if you tried something like a full metal back you would then have problems with various signals likely including blocking NFC and wireless charging, but a near identical frame should follow the same rules as the stock metal one so would likely have the features in place to protect the signal no matter the material, as it will already be machined to account for the metal blocking signals.

but as said you would likely need to make your own plot of the frame using an existing frame and likely a fair bit of time to get it accurate. but it would be interesting to see if you could run a different material through the frame without adversely affecting heat distribution, strength and signals.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

For the moment its more of a aesthetic customisation... Changing the metal frame to a different material. But understanding how different materials affect signal strength etc is something I have to keep a close eye on.

I started with a simple update with the rear glass now clear instead of coloured. And this simple upgrade has started something now...lol??*♂️

If you could build one with a removable battery/IR Blaster/LED notification/Dual-Sim + dedicated SD Card slot, we're all interested. (basically an updated Note 4)...

Regardless of how you customize your Note 10+, we're all pulling for ya.

LOL, you forgot 3.5mm headphone jack... For shame... :silly::laugh:
    Hi everyone,

I'm trying to find a dxf file to be able to be able to machine a frame for my project but cannot find one anywhere.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    If you are looking for an app that can read a dxf file in your phone try schemataCAD , or DWG FastView.
    If you are looking for an app that can read a dxf file in your phone try schemataCAD , or DWG FastView.
    I'm looking for the dxf for the actual Galaxy Note 10 Plus frame. My project is making a custom Note 10 Plus.