FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Help installing Verizon Firmware on Unlocked SM-N975U1

434 posts
Thanks Meter: 54

By cwwjr1681, Senior Member on 1st September 2019, 09:13 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
So I have a SM-N975U1 (unlocked) from samsung. I want to install the stock Verizon firmware (VZW) on the phone. I downloaded the following https://www.sammobile.com/samsung/ga...EU1ASH4/286268

I installed the VZW firmware via Odin but oddly enough its still the XAA firmware. Not the stock VZW firmware I want. I want the full stock firmware. Verizon 4g icons, Bloat and all. Do I have to change the CSC on these newer models? Haven't done this since my note 8. I thought these stock firmwares were interchangeable? What did I do wrong?

Advice?
2nd September 2019, 12:13 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
You have to download the verizon U version not the U1, I tried to do it and got stock on the activation screen
The Following User Says Thank You to crazychapin For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift crazychapin Ad-Free
2nd September 2019, 12:25 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member

More
I see my mistake. Working flawlessly now!
2nd September 2019, 04:25 AM |#4  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwwjr1681

I see my mistake. Working flawlessly now!

Can you tell me how you did it? Which files?
2nd September 2019, 06:22 AM |#5  
Flag Springfield
Thanks Meter: 1,598

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazychapin

The steps are the same as the S8, Note 8, S9, Note 9, S10.

Use Samfirm tool to download the latest firmware files. You need to use model SM-N975U and region code is VZW for Verizon.

Then use patched ODIN 3.13.1_3b to install.

All other instructions can found by searching the Note 9 forums.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mr. Orange 645 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Mr. Orange 645 Ad-Free
2nd September 2019, 07:21 AM |#6  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Orange 645

The steps are the same as the S8, Note 8, S9, Note 9, S10.

Use Samfirm tool to download the latest firmware files. You need to use model SM-N975U and region code is VZW for Verizon.

Then use patched ODIN 3.13.1_3b to install.

All other instructions can found by searching the Note 9 forums.

Did odin take a long time Saying file analysis Before start flashing? Mine stays like that for more than 10 mins and nothing happens
2nd September 2019, 07:30 AM |#7  
Flag Springfield

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Did odin take a long time Saying file analysis Before start flashing? Mine stays like that for more than 10 mins and nothing happens

Ten minutes is a little long. It sometimes locks up. Reset and close out ODIN. Then set it back up. Do a factory reset from recovery mode and then immediately go to download mode and hit start.
2nd September 2019, 09:00 AM |#8  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:

I am not sure what a "Patched" oden others mentioned even is. I do not think I used that. I used SamFirm to download EVERYTHING I needed file wise. As for Odin. I got it from here https://odindownload.com/

I used these Settings in SamFirm
Model: SM-N975U (even though I am on the U1)
Region: VZW
Manual Box Checked
PDA: N975USQU1ASH4
CSC: N975UOYN1ASH4
Phone: N975USQU1ASH4

Make sure you use CSC file. Not Home CSC. Also install UserData. Then you should be all set
3rd September 2019, 08:20 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:

So I have a SM-N975U1 (unlocked) from samsung. I want to install the stock Verizon firmware (VZW) on the phone. I downloaded the following

I installed the VZW firmware via Odin but oddly enough its still the XAA firmware. Not the stock VZW firmware I want. I want the full stock firmware. Verizon 4g icons, Bloat and all. Do I have to change the CSC on these newer models? Haven't done this since my note 8. I thought these stock firmwares were interchangeable? What did I do wrong?

Advice?

Do you know does the unlocked version on Verizon work with sms over wifi? I'm not guessing it doesn't since my Pixel worked flawlessly at my desk in the basement at work. I assume I would need to flash the Verizon firmware as you have?
4th September 2019, 04:06 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
So I'm trying to decide which version on the 10+ to buy. Will I lose any features if I flashed a Verizon rom onto an unlocked 10+ ? Are there any benefits to having the unlocked vs carrier device? Thanks
4th September 2019, 04:33 PM |#11  
Flag Springfield

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I am not sure what a "Patched" oden others mentioned even is. I do not think I used that. I used SamFirm to download EVERYTHING I needed file wise. As for Odin. I got it from here https://odindownload.com/

I used these Settings in SamFirm
Model: SM-N975U (even though I am on the U1)
Region: VZW
Manual Box Checked
PDA: N975USQU1ASH4
CSC: N975UOYN1ASH4
Phone: N975USQU1ASH4

Make sure you use CSC file. Not Home CSC. Also install UserData. Then you should be all set

https://lmgtfy.com/?q=patched+odin

And no, patched ODIN is not necessary when flashing carrier firmware, although it is necessary when flashing back to the U1 Firmware. I just use it for everything as it seems to cause less issues.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)