FORUMS

Issues when updating N975U1 firmware via Smart Switch PC, Please help

3 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

By whc1991net, Junior Member on 13th February 2020, 08:11 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi everyone,

Recently, I find an issue when using Smart Switch PC to update firmware of my N975U1. Specifically, after I click "update" and click two "Confirm" (or equivalently like "Agree"), the "Software Downloading" window does not pop up and the software acts like it is back to the main screen of the software. I have never rooted my Note10+ and the OTA function on the phone works fine. Further, the pre-download function can download the latest firmware of the phone but the updating window still refuse to pop up.

In addition, I also have a S10+, G975U1, which has no issue when updating its firmware. I have contacted Samsung Support, but they seems to have no idea about this issue temporarily and still trying to figure out solution through the log.

If someone knows how to solve this issue, please let me know. Thank you!
13th February 2020, 05:43 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 130

More
Just an idea... Do you have anti-virus or malware program turned on that could be preventing that pop-up from appearing? If so, maybe temporarily turn it off.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
14th February 2020, 03:13 AM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by burrzoo

Just an idea... Do you have anti-virus or malware program turned on that could be preventing that pop-up from appearing? If so, maybe temporarily turn it off.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Thank you for good thoughts, but I think it is irrelevant because I have tried on multiple PC/laptops. On all of them, my S10+ works fine without any issues, but when I plugged in Note10+, the firmware downloading\updating window is not ignited at all (I mean literally on all devices....). Other than firmware update, other functions of Smart Switch PC, e.g. Backup, Restoration, Sync, works well on both S10+ and Note10+. Therefore, I have compeletely no idea why the "Updating" window does not pop up when I plugged in Note10+ and whether it is a bug on the phone or on the Smart Switch PC or what else. (BTW, I have already done a factory reset on Note10+)

So... if someone knows how to fix, please let me know. Thanks!
The Following User Says Thank You to whc1991net For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift whc1991net Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)