FORUMS

US Models Note 10/Note 10+ Crossflash????

100 posts
Thanks Meter: 9
 
By gastondefer, Senior Member on 16th August 2019, 08:57 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Did anyone get the chance to see nomenclatures of US models? I'm mainly concerned about cross flashing, really hope it's gonna be possible this time around, unlike the s10 5g.
The Following User Says Thank You to gastondefer For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift gastondefer Ad-Free
16th August 2019, 03:15 PM |#2  
Senior Member
Flag Mobile, AL
Thanks Meter: 121
 
Donate to Me
More
I think them days are long gone with the bootloaders been locked down for the US models
16th August 2019, 06:10 PM |#3  
iBowToAndroid's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Twin Cities MN
Thanks Meter: 1,153
 
Donate to Me
More
We've known the nomenclatures for a long time, ever since before the FCC filings. Standard Note 10 and Note 10+ will behave the same as Note 9 - crossflashing included. I've already posted both U and U1 firmware
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iBowToAndroid For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift iBowToAndroid Ad-Free
16th August 2019, 07:49 PM |#4  
pcriz's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2,930
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallen5

I think them days are long gone with the bootloaders been locked down for the US models

If it's signed by samsung wouldnt it not matter?
The Following User Says Thank You to pcriz For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift pcriz Ad-Free
18th August 2019, 12:58 PM |#5  
Senior Member
Flag Levittown, PA
Thanks Meter: 171
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gastondefer

Did anyone get the chance to see nomenclatures of US models? I'm mainly concerned about cross flashing, really hope it's gonna be possible this time around, unlike the s10 5g.


10 and 10+, yes. 10+ 5g will only be Verizon as the radio is different and only supported on their network. So you can cross flash any Note 10 as long as it's not the 5g.
The Following User Says Thank You to rile1564 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rile1564 Ad-Free
21st August 2019, 02:26 PM |#6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
I know I am uneducated when it comes to these sorts of things and I apologize for my ignorance but if either of you could fill me in, I would love to know what exactly "crossflashing" is?
21st August 2019, 02:29 PM |#7  
pcriz's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2,930
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kylekrazy

I know I am uneducated when it comes to these sorts of things and I apologize for my ignorance but if either of you could fill me in, I would love to know what exactly "crossflashing" is?

Flashing other carrier or unlocked firmware to your device since hardware wise there is no difference.

Example. On the note 9, ATT builds leaked early on quite a bit so if you wanted the latest before it was officially released you could flash it to your device as long as it was the same processor.

Even applied to the Pie beta that released for the unlocked models.
The Following User Says Thank You to pcriz For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift pcriz Ad-Free
21st August 2019, 02:42 PM |#8  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcriz

Flashing other carrier or unlocked firmware to your device since hardware wise there is no difference.

Example. On the note 9, ATT builds leaked early on quite a bit so if you wanted the latest before it was officially released you could flash it to your device as long as it was the same processor.

Even applied to the Pie beta that released for the unlocked models.

I attempted this on an S6 and could never successfully get the modems/radios to right... or maybe I had the data misconfigured? Who knows... but that is remarkable! If you don't mind me asking one more simple question, does this trip knox? Because I'd love to have the unlocked firmware on my VZW but I'm not sure of any specifics on the warranty. Although, I know if I ever DO have to send it in, I'll just brick it from the inside with wrong firmware.
21st August 2019, 03:01 PM |#9  
pcriz's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2,930
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kylekrazy

I attempted this on an S6 and could never successfully get the modems/radios to right... or maybe I had the data misconfigured? Who knows... but that is remarkable! If you don't mind me asking one more simple question, does this trip knox? Because I'd love to have the unlocked firmware on my VZW but I'm not sure of any specifics on the warranty. Although, I know if I ever DO have to send it in, I'll just brick it from the inside with wrong firmware.


Nah. It won't trip Knox since the firmware being flashed is signed by Samsung.

You can always flash back to stock as well. Stock in this case being the software it shipped with.
The Following User Says Thank You to pcriz For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift pcriz Ad-Free
21st August 2019, 04:41 PM |#10  
iBowToAndroid's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Twin Cities MN
Thanks Meter: 1,153
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kylekrazy

I attempted this on an S6 and could never successfully get the modems/radios to right... or maybe I had the data misconfigured? Who knows... but that is remarkable! If you don't mind me asking one more simple question, does this trip knox? Because I'd love to have the unlocked firmware on my VZW but I'm not sure of any specifics on the warranty. Although, I know if I ever DO have to send it in, I'll just brick it from the inside with wrong firmware.

S6s are not cross-flashable. Samsung didn't start that until the S7 and Note 8
The Following User Says Thank You to iBowToAndroid For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift iBowToAndroid Ad-Free
21st August 2019, 08:09 PM |#11  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 10
 
More
it would've been awesome since in the FCC docs shows that N975F (Exynos LTE) and N976B (Exynos EU 5G) have identical hardware!
also Verizon is using the SAME SKU model codes for both LTE and 5G models
i posted the details in reddit earlier (r/galaxynote10 titled "Crossflashing LTE <-> 5G Models?" sorry i can't posts link....10 post count thingy)

worth the shot?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes