FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Note 10+ and Android Auto Issues

3 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

By entropylabs, Junior Member on 30th August 2019, 11:38 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
This issue has been logged numerous times on Google Forums - but I wanted to check in with people here. I have the new Note 10+ 5G and having serious issues keeping Android Auto running with my Pioneer Head Unit (please note, I have had NO issues with other Android Phones - OnePlus 7 Pro, Google Pixel 3XL, Sony Xperia 1).

Basically, when connecting the Note 10+, Android Auto worked fine for the first session, then crashed on the second, and since simply won't connect until the phone does a full reboot (then will only work once and run into the same issues). At first I thought DEX was interfering (which it probably is!) but unfortunately there is no way to disable DEX apps or the USB response when plugging in an external connection.

Have others had this issue? Any ideas??

Thanks!

30th August 2019, 11:43 AM |#2  
Central NJ
Thanks Meter: 189

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by entropylabs

This issue has been logged numerous times on Google Forums - but I wanted to check in with people here. I have the new Note 10+ 5G and having serious issues keeping Android Auto running with my Pioneer Head Unit (please note, I have had NO issues with other Android Phones - OnePlus 7 Pro, Google Pixel 3XL, Sony Xperia 1).

Basically, when connecting the Note 10+, Android Auto worked fine for the first session, then crashed on the second, and since simply won't connect until the phone does a full reboot (then will only work once and run into the same issues). At first I thought DEX was interfering (which it probably is!) but unfortunately there is no way to disable DEX apps or the USB response when plugging in an external connection.

Thanks!

No issues here in both of my cars
30th August 2019, 12:52 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 269

Donate to Me
More
This is not note 10 this is general issues with any not stock google android and android auto. Are you trying to use wireless or usb AA? They just got wireless working with non google devices, but it's very random when it works. I've had the issue you describe(having to reboot) with wireless, USB is far more reliable.
30th August 2019, 12:54 PM |#4  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gottahavit

This is not note 10 this is general issues with any not stock google android and android auto. Are you trying to use wireless or usb AA? They just got wireless working with non google devices, but it's very random when it works. I've had the issue you describe(having to reboot) with wireless, USB is far more reliable.

Thanks so much for your reply. I'm using a direct cable plugged into the Pioneer Head Unit. I have not had this issue with any other handset - and I suspect it may have something to do with DEX. Any other thoughts you may have?
30th August 2019, 03:45 PM |#5  
Flag Brooklyn
Thanks Meter: 55

More
I use it daily on my F150 and I'm not having any issues at all, working perfectly fine. You can try reinstalling the app if you haven't done that already.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk
30th August 2019, 05:17 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 212

More
Yeah, sorry to hear that. I have a Kenwood DDX9906XR and it does wireless android auto. I have a Google Pixel 3 XL and the Note 10+. I've been able to get wireless android auto working (as well as wired) with NO issues at all. I do think the wireless option is a bit overrated and even sometimes annoying as it doesn't connect as fast as using wired. I just love that Samsung phones are one of the only few left that still use miracast so I get to use the wireless display function in my car.
30th August 2019, 06:46 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
I have had issue with Waze showing correctly but sometimes when switch to music music plays on screen but not audio. Have to unplu and replug..I did see new apk yesterday so will try it.
30th August 2019, 10:33 PM |#8  
Flag Melbourne

More
My Note 10+(4G model) is having AA issues..
Whenever I plug mine into the Focus RS(SYNC 3) it crashes at 1st use and the Note thinks I am using DEX for PC and to turn it on.
I have tried different cables including Sammy one . and reset the phone to a clean install no joy
30th August 2019, 11:01 PM |#9  
Flag Denver
Thanks Meter: 60

More
I also had an issue with note 10+ connected to my Kenwood Excelon DDX9905S, pandora and spotify - no audio to kenwood would play. I see today there are play store updates for both, perhaps a fix.
31st August 2019, 12:51 AM |#10  
ATT California USA
Thanks Meter: 214

More
on my car, i have to plug in the phone to the car first BEFORE starting the engine. otherwise i get no audio.
1st September 2019, 08:56 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by netnerd

on my car, i have to plug in the phone to the car first BEFORE starting the engine. otherwise i get no audio.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussieak

My Note 10+(4G model) is having AA issues..
Whenever I plug mine into the Focus RS(SYNC 3) it crashes at 1st use and the Note thinks I am using DEX for PC and to turn it on.
I have tried different cables including Sammy one . and reset the phone to a clean install no joy

Quote:
Originally Posted by entropylabs

Thanks!

I've experienced many issues with AA with a spectrum of devices. I firsts believed that my vehicle was to blame, due to the technology differences, however I've realized that my Buick Encore Preferred II (ALL STOCK EQUIPMENT IN VEHICLE) immediately broadcasts it's Bluetooth/Wifi-Direct as soon as the head-unit/radio is supplied power. I've concluded that MY issues with android auto came from the app recognizing device movement while I was driving.

Now, I'm no expert, but here's my suggestion.
1. Ensure the USB-C cable supports data-transfer and charging simultaneously. (I've made this mistake by ordering USB-C cables ((that only supported charging....poorly)) )

2. Restore Android Auto's factory settings that came with the phone, ensure any Android Auto data-backups are deleted (for troubleshooting purposes).

3. Install/Update via Play store.

4. Disable bluetooth & "forget" any paired vehicles/head-units on your phone.

5. Remove your phone from your vehicle's bluetooth memory.

At this point, your phone should be plugged in to your COMPATIBLE head-unit***, with neither devices recognizing each other.

6. Start your vehicle's battery/engine & stay stationary.

Your phone may immediately start Android Auto. Some head-units automatically do this for you as a "safety/handsfree" feature.
If Android Auto doesn't automatically initiate when you power your head-unit, run the application.

7. Follow your phone's on-screen prompts to finalize set-up.

8. Ensure your phone is connected to your vehicle's bluetooth.

Worked for me!

Remember, if it's not broken, don't fix it.

*** Supported Cars/Models can be found via google's official website
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)