FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Note 10+ battery drain

21 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

By AydanmDEV, Junior Member on 24th August 2019, 12:34 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
I don't know if it's just me but has anyone elses note 10+ gone down by 50% in 2hrs. Ive noticed that it kinda looks like its draining battery fast and this was just after it has been setup
24th August 2019, 12:59 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 214

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AydanmDEV

I don't know if it's just me but has anyone elses note 10+ gone down by 50% in 2hrs. Ive noticed that it kinda looks like its draining battery fast and this was just after it has been setup

Drained a lot during setting up, but it's been fine since. If you keep having this problem, factory reset, and see if it still happens.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
24th August 2019, 01:01 AM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Flag Sydney

More
Thanks. I'll give that a try when I get home
The Following User Says Thank You to AydanmDEV For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift AydanmDEV Ad-Free
25th August 2019, 06:20 AM |#4  
OP Junior Member
Flag Sydney

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcobourn

Drained a lot during set up, but it's been fine since. If you keep having this problem, factory reset, and see if it still happens.

did a full reset and had no difference. phone still drains, mainly on homescreen but lasts longer in apps
25th August 2019, 08:31 AM |#5  

More
Quote:

did a full reset and had no difference. phone still drains, mainly on homescreen but lasts longer in apps

Just to verify... you did a full reset, then tested without restoring any data or apps. In this case, I think you got a bad unit.

---------- Post added at 12:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:28 AM ----------

I guess I don't really sit for two hours on the home screen. In fact, in running Nova Launcher, so I never see the Samsung home screen. I'll load it up and see if I notice any problem.

25th August 2019, 08:33 AM |#6  
OP Junior Member
Flag Sydney

More
Quote:

Just to verify... you did a full reset, then tested without restoring any data or apps. In this case, I think you got a bad unit.

---------- Post added at 12:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:28 AM ----------

I guess I don't really sit for two hours on the home screen. In fact, in running Nova Launcher, so I never see the Samsung home screen. I'll load it up and see if I notice any problem.

yep full reset and nothing restored, ill test it out a bit longer and see if i may need to talk to either samsung or my carrier who provided the unit
25th August 2019, 09:17 AM |#7  

More
Quote:

yep full reset and nothing restored, ill test it out a bit longer and see if i may need to talk to either samsung or my carrier who provided the unit

I just did a quick test. Fully set up phone with my podcast player playing over Bluetooth, sitting on the Samsung home screen, I'm discharging roughly at 12% per hour.

25th August 2019, 09:22 AM |#8  
OP Junior Member
Flag Sydney

More
Quote:

I just did a quick test. Fully set up phone with my podcast player playing over Bluetooth, sitting on the Samsung home screen, I'm discharging roughly at 12% per hour.

I take it that one UI is a battery drainer
25th August 2019, 09:33 AM |#9  

More
Quote:

I take it that one UI is a battery drainer

Still, yours seems to be draining at twice the rate mine is, and I assume you aren't streaming over Bluetooth.

25th August 2019, 09:37 AM |#10  
OP Junior Member
Flag Sydney

More
Quote:

Still, yours seems to be draining at twice the rate mine is, and I assume you aren't streaming over Bluetooth.

bluetooth is off and just sitting there on the home screen. ive also noticed that in games/other apps itll show i only have about 2hrs of gaming(from the game booster) despite being low performance intensive games and i understand partially as to why it would say that but seeing as how others can use their phone for a lot longer, sometimes up to a day but this does not seem good
25th August 2019, 09:54 AM |#11  

More
Quote:

bluetooth is off and just sitting there on the home screen. ive also noticed that in games/other apps itll show i only have about 2hrs of gaming(from the game booster) despite being low performance intensive games and i understand partially as to why it would say that but seeing as how others can use their phone for a lot longer, sometimes up to a day but this does not seem good

I've been using this phone off and on for 14 hours today, with just a few minutes of charging here and there, and I'm at 33%. Excellent battery life. I don't game though, unless you count Words With Friends.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)