FORUMS

Note 10+ SM-N975F/DS very very HARD BRICK --- Advice?

6 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

By dk1965, Junior Member on 29th December 2019, 04:26 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
After years of flashing roms (and lurking here, especially DrKetan´s thread), I hard bricked my brand new SM-N975F. When I power it on, it goes to the screen that tells me the bootloader is unlocked, then to a welcome screen, and that is where it stays. (see pics).

I have tried the following:

1) All possible hardware combinations. (I tried at least 100 times all combinations between the keys): always the same.
2) Odin3 does not detect the phone in either screen.
3) Samsung Tool 300K does not detect the phone.
4) ADB does not detect the phone. (adb devices comes empty)

I am about to get a hammer and wreck the little guy, but I decided to ask you first.

Any ideas?

boot screen
bootscreen2
29th December 2019, 04:39 PM |#2  
Flag beirut lebanon
Thanks Meter: 1,282

More
i think if u post what firmware u was and what did u flashed or what u did ,,, its better that maybe someone can help

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk
29th December 2019, 04:57 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Flag Madrid

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlitobahsoun

i think if u post what firmware u was and what did u flashed or what u did ,,, its better that maybe someone can help

Thank you! I was on stock ROM (Q), with an unlocked bootloader. I was flashing TWRP for Android Q with Odin. It "Pass"ed, and when I rebooted it bricked. Tried every key combination, I can´t get into download mode and the phone is not recognized when connected to the laptop. Tried several cables, too.
29th December 2019, 05:06 PM |#4  
Flag beirut lebanon

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dk1965

Thank you! I was on stock ROM (Q), with an unlocked bootloader. I was flashing TWRP for Android Q with Odin. It "Pass"ed, and when I rebooted it bricked. Tried every key combination, I can´t get into download mode and the phone is not recognized when connected to the laptop. Tried several cables, too.

i think ur fault was when u let it reboot / u must after odin twrp forced to reboot to custom twrp recovery and do as i think format data , well never root my samsung mobiles 3 years ago , i advice u to be cool + send private msg to dr ketan to get help OR if u have telegrams u can join many group and i know u will get help.
iam out of telegram 1 years ago too so i dont know any groups for n10+ .
try first dr ketan by pm him and wait till anyone read here and help

The Following User Says Thank You to carlitobahsoun For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift carlitobahsoun Ad-Free
30th December 2019, 07:53 AM |#5  
you should put the phone in download mode and reflash stock from odin.

reboot [down+pwr] when the screen shut down immediately put the usb cable in the phone usb port (the other already in the port of the pc) keeping the vol down till enters in download mode.

you cannot flash just the twrp partition, you have to flash the disable verity check as well. otherwise the bootloader dont't allow the bootstrap as the integrity check fails.

follow the dr.ketan instructions (carefully).

Inviato dal mio SM-N975F utilizzando Tapatalk
31st December 2019, 11:15 AM |#6  
OP Junior Member
Flag Madrid

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ziotom2

you should put the phone in download mode and reflash stock from odin.

reboot [down+pwr] when the screen shut down immediately put the usb cable in the phone usb port (the other already in the port of the pc) keeping the vol down till enters in download mode.

you cannot flash just the twrp partition, you have to flash the disable verity check as well. otherwise the bootloader dont't allow the bootstrap as the integrity check fails.

follow the dr.ketan instructions (carefully).

Inviato dal mio SM-N975F utilizzando Tapatalk

Thank you! I tried Dr Ketan´s instructions, but no matter how hard I try, I can´t get to the download mode. I followed your instructions but the phone does not go to download mode, it just shows the "bootloader modified" screen, then the other one. Odin (nor Samsung Tool 300K) do not recognize the phone at any time, not even for a second, so I can´t flash anything to it.
31st December 2019, 11:21 AM |#7  
OP Junior Member
Flag Madrid

More
Sm-n975f hard brick - solved
I hard bricked my SMN975F by uploading the wrong TWRP. The bootloader was already unlocked, but the new TWRP for Q bricked it.

I solved it by sending the phone to a Samsung repair shop. It took them 24 hours (and about 70 dollars), but they were able to flash the bootloader, and the stock Q rom.

Moral of the story: if your Note 10+ is hard bricked, there is a solution. You can try the advice given to me above by these useful members, but if that fails do not toss the phone. Go to a Samsung service store, and they will be able to fix it. Thank you all for their help!
The Following User Says Thank You to dk1965 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dk1965 Ad-Free
31st December 2019, 01:20 PM |#8  
Flag beirut lebanon

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dk1965

I hard bricked my SMN975F by uploading the wrong TWRP. The bootloader was already unlocked, but the new TWRP for Q bricked it.

I solved it by sending the phone to a Samsung repair shop. It took them 24 hours (and about 70 dollars), but they were able to flash the bootloader, and the stock Q rom.

Moral of the story: if your Note 10+ is hard bricked, there is a solution. You can try the advice given to me above by these useful members, but if that fails do not toss the phone. Go to a Samsung service store, and they will be able to fix it. Thank you all for their help!

happy they solve it but let me be honest with u , in my country LEBANON middle east i KNOW and more knowledge than SAMSUNG'S guys inside , some small questions they wasent able to answer....so u are lucky guys that in ur country they are good knowledge to fix....
happy new year and keep enjoy ur n10+

31st December 2019, 07:36 PM |#9  
Flag Bristol, Scrumpy Country
Thanks Meter: 3,768

More
You f##ked it real good but not a hard brick as far as I'm aware. (I may be wrong)

Hard brick is only fixable with a new motherboard.

Well done on getting it sorted and that's great service from sammy
31st December 2019, 10:59 PM |#10  
Flag Toa Baja
Thanks Meter: 26

More
I know you said you tried 100 times, different combinations, by any chance was this - Press and hold the Volume Up + Bixby / Power buttons. - one of them? It should boot into recovery mode not download mode. I had a similar issue, I had to try and try until I was able to get into recovery, from there did wipe data/factory reset several time, and then select reboot to bootloader, then flash the latest firmware(since you probably wont know which booltloader you have on it). Also remember to used the recommended Odin by the XDA team.
31st December 2019, 11:36 PM |#11  
Try following alternate way.

- Turn Off Phone, if unable to turn off, wait till battery drain and off itself.
- Press and hold the Volume up and the Power keys at the same time for 3-4 seconds.
- This will bring you to Recovery Screen.
- Use Volume Up and Down Button to Navigate and choose Reboot to bootloader by pressing the power button.
- You are now at Download Mode.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)