Originally Posted by Andrewtst
Try following alternate way.
- Turn Off Phone, if unable to turn off, wait till battery drain and off itself.
- Press and hold the Volume up and the Power keys at the same time for 3-4 seconds.
- This will bring you to Recovery Screen.
- Use Volume Up and Down Button to Navigate and choose Reboot to bootloader by pressing the power button.
- You are now at Download Mode.
Thank you for your feedback. I had tried that, but the recovery screen did not come up. The method you suggest will work for most cases, but in my case I had screwed up the recovery itself by flashing the wrong TWRP.
Moral of the story: do not flash the wrong TWRP, because it may corrupt your recovery, and then getting to download mode is a lot more complicated.