FORUMS

Note 10+ storage problem

23 posts
Thanks Meter: 4

By shahidchuhdry, Junior Member on 22nd January 2020, 09:17 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi,I have a note 10+ and I had 2 huge folders of music. I connect it with PC and deleted one of the folder, then I got the error that device not responding. I removed the cable, checked the first folder was gone, then I deleted the second folder using solid explorer. But my mobile is still showing the same storage as before. I tried looking with SD Maid and few other memory analyzing apps to see what is taking place. The app "disk usage" showing 95.6gb is taken by system data, but I cannot figure out which folder I should look for.. I also tried clearing system cache from recovery menu.. but nothing is working.
anyone have any suggestions other than resetting the device?
The device is not rooted btw.

thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SmartSelect_20200122-223307_DiskUsage.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	141.6 KB
ID:	4933235  
22nd January 2020, 09:59 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 232

More
Enable show root storage under settings/other in solid explorer and check if you can spot redundant music folders and if it then allows you to delete it.
29th January 2020, 01:35 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I ran into the same issue. Since I updated to Android 10, the storage space was not available after deleting a file or a folder. The only work around was to reset the phone and activate the trashcan everywhere. Then each time you delete a file or a folder, you go to your trashcan and you empty it. Problem solved for me. I guess this is a bug within Android 10 as I have the same issue on both my Note 9 512Gb and my Note10+ 512Gb (both Exynos). Hope it helps!
29th January 2020, 02:35 PM |#4  
Flag COATZACOALCOS
Thanks Meter: 634

Donate to Me
More
I think that this issue is generated by the new way of the file management, I read here in XDA before android 10 release, that files generated by an app would only be accessible by that particular app, the author of the article was very worried about this, , because although this supposedly makes the device more secure, it generates other problems, as the one exposed here, I blocked updates because of this very reason, the convoluted new file management
29th January 2020, 09:50 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Do you have file guardian from galaxy labs? That's where i found my deleted stuff which still took space. I got back almost 80gb after deleting all of it.
29th January 2020, 11:00 PM |#6  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by deejhay14

Do you have file guardian from galaxy labs? That's where i found my deleted stuff which still took space. I got back almost 80gb after deleting all of it.

Indeed I use it. I found 3gb inside this folder. Mostly app updates! Thanks for your info
30th January 2020, 12:27 PM |#7  
Flag Somerset
Thanks Meter: 10

More
I downloaded file guardian from sammobile, installed but cannot find the icon to run it from. It shows up in system/apps/file guardian but of course it can’t be run from there. Where was your icon hiding?

Kind regards.
30th January 2020, 12:29 PM |#8  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by g0tch

I downloaded file guardian from sammobile, installed but cannot find the icon to run it from. It shows up in system/apps/file guardian but of course it can’t be run from there. Where was your icon hiding?

Kind regards.

File Guardian is part of Galaxy Labs. You will find the icon under Galaxy Labs app.
The Following User Says Thank You to Powergeek2017 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Powergeek2017 Ad-Free
30th January 2020, 12:53 PM |#9  
Flag Somerset
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powergeek2017

File Guardian is part of Galaxy Labs. You will find the icon under Galaxy Labs app.

Many thanks, I didn't know that. Labs now installed and File Guardian is there. Thanks for your help!

Best Regards,
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)