FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Note 10+ unlocked Tmobile issues

448 posts
Thanks Meter: 106

By dia_naji, Senior Member on 22nd August 2019, 12:44 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Just got my note 10+ and I'm absolutely loving the phone, but the service on the unlocked phone isn't to good. First off when i make a phone call it doesn't stick to LTE it goes to H+. When i hang up the phone it takes forever to switch back to LTE. What's the issue? Maybe because I transferred my data from my note 9?
22nd August 2019, 01:06 AM |#2  
Flag Atlanta
Thanks Meter: 209

More
What else are you seeing besides the lte any issues with wifi calling/volte/video calling/visual voice mail?
22nd August 2019, 01:16 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Buffalo, NY

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by antawnm26

What else are you seeing besides the lte any issues with wifi calling/volte/video calling/visual voice mail?

Wifi calling works. I have really never used visual voicemail. Volte is the biggest issue for me. Video calling doesn't work since it doesn't have the t mobile firmwire on it. I will give it 24 hours for the SIM card to be fully configured if not, I will be flashing the tmobile firmwire
22nd August 2019, 01:17 AM |#4  
Flag Atlanta

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dia_naji

Wifi calling works. I have really never used visual voicemail. Volte is the biggest issue for me. Video calling doesn't work since it doesn't have the t mobile firmwire on it. I will give it 24 hours for the SIM card to be fully configured if not, I will be flashing the tmobile firmwire

was your sim in the device on the first start up?
22nd August 2019, 01:19 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Buffalo, NY

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by antawnm26

was your sim in the device on the first start up?

It wasn't. I transferred everything from my note 9, made some configurations then inserted my sim
22nd August 2019, 01:41 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 441

More
Quote:

It wasn't. I transferred everything from my note 9, made some configurations then inserted my sim

Did you get a configuration message? If not, ask TMobile to send one?
22nd August 2019, 02:00 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 40

More
I have the unlocked version on T-mobile also. I got the config message, it rebooted. WiFi calling does not work (test with airplane mode on then toggle wifi back on with wifi calling enabled). There is not VoLTE on the unlocked model.
22nd August 2019, 02:35 AM |#8  
Flag Atlanta

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cliffr39

I have the unlocked version on T-mobile also. I got the config message, it rebooted. WiFi calling does not work (test with airplane mode on then toggle wifi back on with wifi calling enabled). There is not VoLTE on the unlocked model.

getting conflicting stories the things you say aren't working others are saying they do work
22nd August 2019, 03:05 AM |#9  
Flag Springfield
Thanks Meter: 1,595

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Just got my note 10+ and I'm absolutely loving the phone, but the service on the unlocked phone isn't to good. First off when i make a phone call it doesn't stick to LTE it goes to H+. When i hang up the phone it takes forever to switch back to LTE. What's the issue? Maybe because I transferred my data from my note 9?

I'm using the unlocked model on T-Mo. WiFi calling and VoLTE work fine.

Only thing I noticed was the data speed seems slower. I have two lines, so I tested them side by side
I had my Note 9 (running T-Mo firmware) in one hand, and my Unlocked Note 10+ running the factory unbranded firmware in the other hand. The Note 9 was pulling 80 Mbps and the Note 10+ was pulling 60 Mbps.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mr. Orange 645 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Mr. Orange 645 Ad-Free
22nd August 2019, 03:20 AM |#10  
Flag Chicago, IL
Thanks Meter: 169

More
Easiest way is to install t-mobile firmware on unlocked version to enjoy all the benefits along with faster carrier updates https://www.sammobile.com/sams...ote...ware/SM-N975U/

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to chowdarygm For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift chowdarygm Ad-Free
22nd August 2019, 03:21 AM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Flag Buffalo, NY

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Orange 645

I'm using the unlocked model on T-Mo. WiFi calling and VoLTE work fine.

Only thing I noticed was the data speed seems slower. I have two lines, so I tested them side by side
I had my Note 9 (running T-Mo firmware) in one hand, and my Unlocked Note 10+ running the factory unbranded firmware in the other hand. The Note 9 was pulling 80 Mbps and the Note 10+ was pulling 60 Mbps.

I factory reset my phone and everything seems to work fine. VoLte and wificalling both work. I have noticed the speed test on my tmobile branded note 9 was higher. I wonder if I flash the tmobile firmwire if i would get better service
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)