FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Did anybody notice a small blinking circle, around 1 cm to the right of the camera wh

342 posts
Thanks Meter: 48

Post Reply Email Thread
Hi as the question says

Did anybody notice a small blinking circle (will be around 1mm size), around 1 cm to the right of the camera when you place a call on the note 10 +

or is it only me?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kvsandeepreddy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kvsandeepreddy Ad-Free
22nd August 2019, 07:25 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 3,166

More
During calls I noticed it.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to charlieb620 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift charlieb620 Ad-Free
22nd August 2019, 07:26 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
It appears to be the prox sensor (for turning the phone screen off when its up to your ear). That's what I've been seeing in comments of other people seeing the flashing during calls.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fullmetal691 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Fullmetal691 Ad-Free
22nd August 2019, 07:26 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 50

More
I believe it is the proximity sensor
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dchurch85 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dchurch85 Ad-Free
22nd August 2019, 07:36 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag hyderabad
Thanks Meter: 48

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlieb620

During calls I noticed it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullmetal691

It appears to be the prox sensor (for turning the phone screen off when its up to your ear). That's what I've been seeing in comments of other people seeing the flashing during calls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dchurch85

I believe it is the proximity sensor

okay thanks... was worried it might be dead pixels
The Following User Says Thank You to kvsandeepreddy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kvsandeepreddy Ad-Free
23rd August 2019, 12:07 AM |#6  
Orlando
Thanks Meter: 38

More
Hopefully a sensor and not a pixel issue. Happening to me
23rd August 2019, 12:16 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 127

More
Yes, proximity sensor. S10+ 5G has it also.

23rd August 2019, 02:19 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 29

More
That would be the proximity sensor
23rd August 2019, 11:31 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 823

More
It is the proximity sensor.

And by the way it doesn't work well at all on my S10 plus. When I am on the phone the screen would turn on and then my ear would start tapping on the screen turning things on and off.

Pretty annoying, so I had to learn to manually turn the screen off with the power button every time before I answer or make a call...

I sincerely hope they have somehow found a way to improve it with the Note
24th August 2019, 01:55 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 171

More
just now saw it whilst playing a whatsapp voice message. when i put my finger over it, the phones speaker will shut off which seems to confirms its proximity sensors.

i did notice after some seconds, maybe a minute, the blinking light stops on whatsapp if you are listening to a speaker call on whatsapp... i have the whatsapp on full screen mode so the green part of the phones GUI is up there...
24th August 2019, 06:07 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 85

More
I noticed this today also when I placed a call. I dont make calls much so I just noticed it after 2 days. Just had some free time now and quickly rushed to locate this thread I had seen yesterday I believe.

What a relief it's the proxi sensor.
The Following User Says Thank You to ssgunner20 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ssgunner20 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)