FORUMS

Samsung Note10+ Not updating at all

1 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By NYKNick1015, Junior Member on 25th March 2020, 05:52 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi All,
My apps are updating fine and i see that android 10 has been out for a few months now yet my Note10+ SM-N975U is not updating at all. it seems my security patches are still stuck on august 2019 and every time i try to OTA update, it says my phone us up to date. Is there anyway to bypass this. I see everyone saying to use Odin to update my phone but i am not familiar with the program and where/how to source the note 10 update

Id greatly appreciate the help as its affecting many of my apps
25th March 2020, 04:21 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYKNick1015

Hi All,
My apps are updating fine and i see that android 10 has been out for a few months now yet my Note10+ SM-N975U is not updating at all. it seems my security patches are still stuck on august 2019 and every time i try to OTA update, it says my phone us up to date. Is there anyway to bypass this. I see everyone saying to use Odin to update my phone but i am not familiar with the program and where/how to source the note 10 update

Id greatly appreciate the help as its affecting many of my apps

+1 for me. Ive spent almost 2 years and 3 phones trying to get an answer to this. My note 8 had this problem, then my note 10+, then the replacement note 10+. At&t blames Samsung, then Samsung blames at&t, over and over and over. I even had a Samsung technician sit in on a 3 way call with an at&t technician for the better part of an hour. The last I heard was that at&t was petitioning samsung to fix something on their end because at&t shows that everything is up to date on my phone but its not. Im looking into Odin too because this is getting stupid.
25th March 2020, 05:25 PM |#3  
springfield.il
Thanks Meter: 4,648

More
At&t is horrible with OTA's. They work for some but for a lot of people it does not, and I am one of them. At&t has never been able to give me an answer as to why this happened on my Note 8..9..and 10+.
Odin is very easy. You dont have to use At&t firmware you can use any Snapdragon US firmware they are the same. Once its installed, it will provision to you sim. There are many threads that have the firmware needed or just us Frija to download the firmware. Once downloaded you need to extract the files. You will have BL..AP..CP..CSC...HOME_csc. You need to download the correct version of Odin to flash the firmware. Open Odin put device in download mode connect device. Once odin recognizes devices find where you extracted the firmware. In odin put BL in BL spot..AP in AP spot..CP in Cp spot. If you want to save data, put HOME_csc in CSC spot. If you want clean install put CSC in CSC spot as it will wipe device. Once you have everything where it should be click start and Odin will flash the firmware. Once complete Odin will say PASS at top left..boot time should take a few minutes. But remember if the firmware you flash has a higher bootloader you cant downgrade back to previous version.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to butchieboy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift butchieboy Ad-Free
25th March 2020, 11:08 PM |#4  

More
So I can use a verizon csc and it will work on a att branded phone? Or is a generic one better?

Edit
Basically which one do you pick. I'm leaning towards a tmobile because it sounds like the included bloatware is smaller.
26th March 2020, 08:16 AM |#5  
springfield.il

More
I have At&t device purchased at At&t. I have used USC..Tmobile..Verizon. The device will provision to your sim. If you dont want bloat just flash U1 firmware. But I think you will lose advanced features like wifi calling if you do. I cant remember if flashing a (U) csc with U1 firmware brings back advanced features. But prob just stick with 1 firmware until you have a understanding on how to do this...Good luck.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to butchieboy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift butchieboy Ad-Free
26th March 2020, 03:17 PM |#6  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by butchieboy

I have At&t device purchased at At&t. I have used USC..Tmobile..Verizon. The device will provision to your sim. If you dont want bloat just flash U1 firmware. But I think you will lose advanced features like wifi calling if you do. I cant remember if flashing a (U) csc with U1 firmware brings back advanced features. But prob just stick with 1 firmware until you have a understanding on how to do this...Good luck.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I actually went ahead and did this last night with the tmobile firmware and it was just as easy as you said. For whatever reason I didn't even get any bloatware. It booted up with the at&t logo and sound, and my software version says att/att/att. I put my sim card back in and there were no special notifications or anything, everything just worked. I wonder if Frija gave me the att firmware despite me putting in tmb? Either way, everything is up to day now. Thanks for the help!
The Following User Says Thank You to neogod1 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift neogod1 Ad-Free
26th March 2020, 10:37 PM |#7  
springfield.il

More
Anytime my friend glad it all worked out

28th March 2020, 09:12 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
US to EU Automatic Updates
Hello!
Sorry if I'm posting in a wrong place.
Will Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ US SIM FREE, getting regularly (automatic) updates in Europe.
Thank you.
30th March 2020, 02:21 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by butchieboy

At&t is horrible with OTA's. They work for some but for a lot of people it does not, and I am one of them. At&t has never been able to give me an answer as to why this happened on my Note 8..9..and 10+.
Odin is very easy. You dont have to use At&t firmware you can use any Snapdragon US firmware they are the same. Once its installed, it will provision to you sim. There are many threads that have the firmware needed or just us Frija to download the firmware. Once downloaded you need to extract the files. You will have BL..AP..CP..CSC...HOME_csc. You need to download the correct version of Odin to flash the firmware. Open Odin put device in download mode connect device. Once odin recognizes devices find where you extracted the firmware. In odin put BL in BL spot..AP in AP spot..CP in Cp spot. If you want to save data, put HOME_csc in CSC spot. If you want clean install put CSC in CSC spot as it will wipe device. Once you have everything where it should be click start and Odin will flash the firmware. Once complete Odin will say PASS at top left..boot time should take a few minutes. But remember if the firmware you flash has a higher bootloader you cant downgrade back to previous version.

Hi I have the same problem. I flashed android 10 One UI 2.0 on my Exynos Note10+ SM-N975F last December via Odin and download the firmware from Samfrew(like Sammobile).(the firmware is the German version and I bought my phone from Egypt) Since then I didn't receive any security patch updates I only have the December 2019 one. Will it be safe if I download the latest firmware from Sammobile and flash it; the file in over 5GB , can this overwrite? I never tried to flash the same software two times. Is it safe?
30th March 2020, 05:21 AM |#10  
springfield.il

More
As long as you are using the firmware that is for your device and your region you should be fine. Although this is Snapdragon thread I would think International flashing is same. You may want to double check in your device specific thread as I don't want to be the blame if there is something different with F version.

SM-N950U Extreme Syndicate Root

---------- Post added at 06:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:11 AM ----------

Also try turning off auto update date and time. Set date like 5days ahead. Then check for update. Sometimes this little trick works for OTA

SM-N950U Extreme Syndicate Root
30th March 2020, 05:42 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 46

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robiko

Hello!

Sorry if I'm posting in a wrong place.

Will Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ US SIM FREE, getting regularly (automatic) updates in Europe.

Thank you.

Yes,i have u1 version and i receive update regulary,now waiting for oneui 2.1
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)