FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Slow app opening when tapping notifications

452 posts
Thanks Meter: 66

By aarick, Senior Member on 2nd December 2019, 11:39 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Almost every Samsung android phone I've own has this problem after using it for a period of time. I've had the note 10+ since launch and the dreaded issue has return.
For some apps, I would tap the notification for the app. It would take a few minutes before the app will open.
Anyone has this issue?

I've had it on my note8, Note9 and now the note10+.
Hard reset will fix it but I don't want to reset and start again..

Continuation from note 8 thread: https://forum.xda-developers.com/gal...t3781356/page2
2nd December 2019, 03:15 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 94

More
I don't have this issue.

Some people prefer to perform an hard reset as soon as they got the phone, before starting using it for the first time ; maybe they had some issues like yours at first, then wanted to avoid them.

Personally I didn't got any at first run.
2nd December 2019, 05:40 PM |#3  
Flag COATZACOALCOS
Thanks Meter: 565

Donate to Me
More
That's odd, I have not experienced what you say in any of my samsung devices dating from my beloved S3 to this note10+
4th December 2019, 08:41 AM |#4  
OP Senior Member

More
Yes..i am so confuse why it happens.. When the phone is new or just had a hard reset.. I don't have the issue.. Over time I always get it.
10th December 2019, 03:09 PM |#5  
Raleigh, NC
Thanks Meter: 2

More
I also have this issue and it's incredibly annoying. Apps will take a full minute to open after being tapped on from the notifications banner. I too have had all but one Note product since the original (skipped the 2nd gen), but this is the first I can recall this issue happening. I'm also experiencing the issue of Google Play store apps getting stuck at 99% or 100% and not installing for 10 minutes or longer.
The Following User Says Thank You to Aaron J For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Aaron J Ad-Free
10th December 2019, 07:30 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 92

More
Is it all apps or certain apps only? Are you running stock or rooted? Exynos or Snapdragon? I haven't seen this issue shown up in a while, but have had it happen on Android devices in general in the past.
10th December 2019, 08:23 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 180

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aarick

Almost every Samsung android phone I've own has this problem after using it for a period of time. I've had the note 10+ since launch and the dreaded issue has return.
For some apps, I would tap the notification for the app. It would take a few minutes before the app will open.
Anyone has this issue?

I've had it on my note8, Note9 and now the note10+.
Hard reset will fix it but I don't want to reset and start again..

Continuation from note 8 thread: https://forum.xda-developers.com/gal...t3781356/page2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron J

I also have this issue and it's incredibly annoying. Apps will take a full minute to open after being tapped on from the notifications banner. I too have had all but one Note product since the original (skipped the 2nd gen), but this is the first I can recall this issue happening. I'm also experiencing the issue of Google Play store apps getting stuck at 99% or 100% and not installing for 10 minutes or longer.

I don't have this issue, but as @dhorgas, more info would be helpful if it's a problem that can easily be fixed.
Two have the issue here, It could be a common app both of you are running.
The Following User Says Thank You to lennie For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift lennie Ad-Free
10th December 2019, 09:37 PM |#8  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lennie

I don't have this issue, but as @dhorgas, more info would be helpful if it's a problem that can easily be fixed.
Two have the issue here, It could be a common app both of you are running.

It seems to be related to pendingIntent type notifications as if I tap a notifications that is a collapsed version of all the notifications, the app will load instantly. Have a look at this video I created:
(I didn’t include the tap showing on screen unfortunately, will attempt to do another video next time)

Initial tap was when the notification is collapsed for reolink and that will just open up the app. Happens instantly.

I close the app, expanded the notification and click on specific notification

The app doesn’t open until 8 minutes + later towards the end of the video.

Issue is happening across a fair few apps so I doubt it's common app..

I also have the issue of delayed notifications as discussed here:
https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/...ng/td-p/738070
10th December 2019, 09:44 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhorgas

Is it all apps or certain apps only? Are you running stock or rooted? Exynos or Snapdragon? I haven't seen this issue shown up in a while, but have had it happen on Android devices in general in the past.

Stock on exynos
10th December 2019, 09:45 PM |#10  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron J

Have the same issue with the play store. One way to speed it up is to force close play store... Then reopen it..
The app will redownload and should install this time.. Not always..
11th December 2019, 02:35 PM |#11  
Raleigh, NC
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quick update: Got fed up and did a factory reset and restored everything. Everything's working fine now. Obviously that's a last resort, but so far it's the only solution I've seen.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)