Slow app opening when tapping notifications

Search This thread

aarick

Feb 18, 2010
Almost every Samsung android phone I've own has this problem after using it for a period of time. I've had the note 10+ since launch and the dreaded issue has return.
For some apps, I would tap the notification for the app. It would take a few minutes before the app will open.
Anyone has this issue?

I've had it on my note8, Note9 and now the note10+.
Hard reset will fix it but I don't want to reset and start again..

Continuation from note 8 thread: https://xdaforums.com/galaxy-note-8/help/app-lag-clicking-notification-t3781356/page2

Last edited:

Nastrahl

I don't have this issue.

Some people prefer to perform an hard reset as soon as they got the phone, before starting using it for the first time ; maybe they had some issues like yours at first, then wanted to avoid them.

Personally I didn't got any at first run.

winol

Jan 18, 2010
COATZACOALCOS
That's odd, I have not experienced what you say in any of my samsung devices dating from my beloved S3 to this note10+

aarick

Feb 18, 2010
Yes..i am so confuse why it happens.. When the phone is new or just had a hard reset.. I don't have the issue.. Over time I always get it.

Aaron J

Nov 27, 2008
Raleigh, NC
I also have this issue and it's incredibly annoying. Apps will take a full minute to open after being tapped on from the notifications banner. I too have had all but one Note product since the original (skipped the 2nd gen), but this is the first I can recall this issue happening. I'm also experiencing the issue of Google Play store apps getting stuck at 99% or 100% and not installing for 10 minutes or longer.

Reactions: aarick

dhorgas

Oct 15, 2012
Is it all apps or certain apps only? Are you running stock or rooted? Exynos or Snapdragon? I haven't seen this issue shown up in a while, but have had it happen on Android devices in general in the past.

lennie

Aug 5, 2007
Almost every Samsung android phone I've own has this problem after using it for a period of time. I've had the note 10+ since launch and the dreaded issue has return.
For some apps, I would tap the notification for the app. It would take a few minutes before the app will open.
Anyone has this issue?

Continuation from note 8 thread: https://xdaforums.com/galaxy-note-8/help/app-lag-clicking-notification-t3781356/page2

I also have this issue and it's incredibly annoying. Apps will take a full minute to open after being tapped on from the notifications banner. I too have had all but one Note product since the original (skipped the 2nd gen), but this is the first I can recall this issue happening. I'm also experiencing the issue of Google Play store apps getting stuck at 99% or 100% and not installing for 10 minutes or longer.

I don't have this issue, but as @dhorgas, more info would be helpful if it's a problem that can easily be fixed.
Two have the issue here, It could be a common app both of you are running.

Reactions: winol

aarick

Feb 18, 2010
I don't have this issue, but as @dhorgas, more info would be helpful if it's a problem that can easily be fixed.

It seems to be related to pendingIntent type notifications as if I tap a notifications that is a collapsed version of all the notifications, the app will load instantly. Have a look at this video I created:

(I didn’t include the tap showing on screen unfortunately, will attempt to do another video next time)

Initial tap was when the notification is collapsed for reolink and that will just open up the app. Happens instantly.

I close the app, expanded the notification and click on specific notification

The app doesn’t open until 8 minutes + later towards the end of the video.

Issue is happening across a fair few apps so I doubt it's common app..

I also have the issue of delayed notifications as discussed here:
https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5...ue-affecting-all-range-of-Samsung/td-p/738070

Last edited:

aarick

Feb 18, 2010
Have the same issue with the play store. One way to speed it up is to force close play store... Then reopen it..
The app will redownload and should install this time.. Not always..

Last edited:

Aaron J

Nov 27, 2008
Raleigh, NC
Quick update: Got fed up and did a factory reset and restored everything. Everything's working fine now. Obviously that's a last resort, but so far it's the only solution I've seen.

lennie

Aug 5, 2007
It seems to be related to pendingIntent type notifications as if I tap a notifications that is a collapsed version of all the notifications, the app will load instantly. Have a look at this video I created:

(I didn’t include the tap showing on screen unfortunately, will attempt to do another video next time)

Initial tap was when the notification is collapsed for reolink and that will just open up the app. Happens instantly.

I close the app, expanded the notification and click on specific notification

The app doesn’t open until 8 minutes + later towards the end of the video.

Issue is happening across a fair few apps so I doubt it's common app..

I also have the issue of delayed notifications as discussed here:
https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5...ue-affecting-all-range-of-Samsung/td-p/738070

Wow. That would drive me crazy. Try backup, hard reset and restore like @Aaron J did and see if that fixes the issue.

aarick

Feb 18, 2010
Wow. That would drive me crazy. Try backup, hard reset and restore like @Aaron J did and see if that fixes the issue.
Yes.. It will fix it.. But it's temporary..
The issue won't happen straight away.. It takes a few weeks/months and will return.. It has happened to me from the note 8, note 9 and now note 10+.
Initially everything will be good and fast.. Then eventually issue will return..
So need to try to get to the root of it..

aarick

Feb 18, 2010
I have been dealing with 3 issues in my phone:
-delayed notifications
-slow app opening when tapping notifications
-apps installation through play store delayed after download

So recent development, I have been following this thread on Samsung forums regarding delayed notifications
https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5...ting-all-range-of-Samsung/td-p/738070/page/28
Have tried all the fixes which has given minor relief..
But the last suggestion to disable dynamic lock on windows 10 seems to have fixed the issue for me. Early days but all 3 issues have not reoccured yet today.. Usually my Samsung reminders will not show until I reboot. But today been good so far.
Apps install instantly and apps open from notifications straight away..
Will report back in a few days if anything changes..

nokster

Sep 15, 2006
Brooklyn, NY
I have been dealing with 3 issues in my phone:
-delayed notifications
-slow app opening when tapping notifications
-apps installation through play store delayed after download

So recent development, I have been following this thread on Samsung forums regarding delayed notifications
https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5...ting-all-range-of-Samsung/td-p/738070/page/28
Have tried all the fixes which has given minor relief..
But the last suggestion to disable dynamic lock on windows 10 seems to have fixed the issue for me. Early days but all 3 issues have not reoccured yet today.. Usually my Samsung reminders will not show until I reboot. But today been good so far.
Apps install instantly and apps open from notifications straight away..
Will report back in a few days if anything changes..

So ... did this do it? I've been dealing with this for a LONG time. My Note 8 started this crap after the 9 'upgrade', motivated me to get a new Note 10. A few months later, the SAME exact problem is cropping up.

Slow notification reactions, stuck installs, notifications coming in repeatedly, notifications coming in late all at once.

If this isn't resolved soon, my next phone will definitely not be a Samsung.

Last edited:

aarick

Feb 18, 2010
So ... did this do it? I've been dealing with this for a LONG time. My Note 8 started this crap after the 9 'upgrade', motivated me to get a new Note 10. A few months later, the SAME exact problem is cropping up.

Slow notification reactions, stuck installs, notifications coming in repeatedly, notifications coming in late all at once.

If this isn't resolved soon, my next phone will definitely not be a Samsung.

Yes, my issue is gone now. Try removing windows dynamic lock and unpair your phone from your laptop if you have this setup.
If not, try slowly removing other Bluetooth devices.

For me, a Bluetooth yeelock also caused the delay to return..I have to reboot each time after using the lock to get it back to normal.
I also think a plantronics desktop headset was also causing the issue as I was getting the lag everytime I reach home since removing windows dynamic lock. I have since unplugged it and unpaired. So far been good for a few weeks now.

I heard this issue wasn't specific to Samsung but might be an Android issue..i think it started with Android 9.0 as you have mentioned as I never had this issue when I was using the note 8 before one ui.. But note 9 and 10+ both had issues..

Similar issue mentioned on pixel phone support:
https://support.google.com/pixelphone/thread/5024453?hl=en

Last edited:

nokster

Sep 15, 2006
Brooklyn, NY
Yes, my issue is gone now. Try removing windows dynamic lock and unpair your phone from your laptop if you have this setup.
If not, try slowly removing other Bluetooth devices.

For me, a Bluetooth yeelock also caused the delay to return..I have to reboot each time after using the lock to get it back to normal.
I also think a plantronics desktop headset was also causing the issue as I was getting the lag everytime I reach home since removing windows dynamic lock. I have since unplugged it and unpaired. So far been good for a few weeks now.

I heard this issue wasn't specific to Samsung but might be an Android issue..i think it started with Android 9.0 as you have mentioned as I never had this issue when I was using the note 8 before one ui.. But note 9 and 10+ both had issues..

Similar issue mentioned on pixel phone support:
https://support.google.com/pixelphone/thread/5024453?hl=en

I don't have Dynamic Lock set up, nor do any of my computers have bluetooth enabled. BUT I do have this cursed Plantronics PLT W8200 series headset that has been nothing but buggy since I got it. Not surprised if this is the cause. I just unpaired it - fingers crossed.

I hope that's it because otherwise, it's just 2 other pretty crucial devices I have paired.

aarick

Feb 18, 2010
I don't have Dynamic Lock set up, nor do any of my computers have bluetooth enabled. BUT I do have this cursed Plantronics PLT W8200 series headset that has been nothing but buggy since I got it. Not surprised if this is the cause. I just unpaired it - fingers crossed.

I hope that's it because otherwise, it's just 2 other pretty crucial devices I have paired.

Would be good to hear if this fixes your issue. Please make sure you reboot after unpairing too and if possible completely unplug the plantronics as I think it might try to connect to your phone still (but fail) and potentially still bring the issue back as my yeelock doesn't even show up as a paired device, the app just sends msg to it via bluetooth and I still have delays after using it.

Keep us updated...

nokster

Sep 15, 2006
Brooklyn, NY
Would be good to hear if this fixes your issue. Please make sure you reboot after unpairing too and if possible completely unplug the plantronics as I think it might try to connect to your phone still (but fail) and potentially still bring the issue back as my yeelock doesn't even show up as a paired device, the app just sends msg to it via bluetooth and I still have delays after using it.

Keep us updated...

So after the weekend of having the Plantronics headset un-paired, it *seems* better. Hopefully it stays that way.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Anyone has this issue?