FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Any solution for fast unlocking

94 posts
Thanks Meter: 7

By NEERO, Member on 11th September 2019, 08:39 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi there

I just switched from a Asus Zenfone 5z which has a dedicated fingerprint sensor. So one touch and you ard on home screen.

Now the fingerprint sensor on Note 10 + is slow, also the fact that one has to first click the side key and then put the finger on the screen and seemingly wait for 2 sec.

It is nowhere near as fast as the zenfone 5z.

Have you guys got any better solution or idea to unlock it fast.

Thank you for your time.

11th September 2019, 08:56 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 40

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEERO

Hi there

I just switched from a Asus Zenfone 5z which has a dedicated fingerprint sensor. So one touch and you ard on home screen.

Now the fingerprint sensor on Note 10 + is slow, also the fact that one has to first click the side key and then put the finger on the screen and seemingly wait for 2 sec.

It is nowhere near as fast as the zenfone 5z.

Have you guys got any better solution or idea to unlock it fast.

Thank you for your time.

You don't exactly have to turn on phone to use fingerprint reader.

If you know the position of fingerprint reader then putting your finger there would turn on and unlock phone. But that would be if you can get it on right position. If not it would tell you and then you can readjust as it will then show you.

Other option would be to have always on display and would show position of fingerprint reader.

You can also double tap to wake up phone as well. Then go through same process.

Hope some others could add more but these has been what I've found out with my usage.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lmanlo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift lmanlo Ad-Free
11th September 2019, 08:59 PM |#3  
Flag Beverly Hills, CA
Thanks Meter: 107

More
Enable the gesture "lift to wake"
Enable "always on display" so that you always see the finger print location.
What ever finger you use most for the finger print, scan it for 2 spots out of the 4 available. So I have my left thumb for 1, right pointer for 2, and right Thumb for 3 and 4. My right thumb is now always solidly fast.
The Following User Says Thank You to DaPoets For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DaPoets Ad-Free
11th September 2019, 09:19 PM |#4  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaPoets

Enable the gesture "lift to wake"
Enable "always on display" so that you always see the finger print location.
What ever finger you use most for the finger print, scan it for 2 spots out of the 4 available. So I have my left thumb for 1, right pointer for 2, and right Thumb for 3 and 4. My right thumb is now always solidly fast.

1. Please clarify : Do you mean to register the same right thumb twice to increase accuracy of the right thumb, as that is what I mostly use.

2. Currently always on display is set as tap to show.
Does making it always show have any significant reduction in battery.

And that you for your time, you are very helpfull.
11th September 2019, 09:22 PM |#5  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmanlo

You don't exactly have to turn on phone to use fingerprint reader.

If you know the position of fingerprint reader then putting your finger there would turn on and unlock phone. But that would be if you can get it on right position. If not it would tell you and then you can readjust as it will then show you.

Other option would be to have always on display and would show position of fingerprint reader.

You can also double tap to wake up phone as well. Then go through same process.

Hope some others could add more but these has been what I've found out with my usage.

Didn't even know that I had to just press the locked screen.

Also thank you for recommending the lift to wake up gesture, has increased the speed a lot.

Still wondering if I can use NFC to keep it unlocked as it is always kept on a phone stand.

Many thanks for your time.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190912_015205.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	268.3 KB
ID:	4818372  
11th September 2019, 09:29 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 40

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEERO

Didn't even know that I had to just press the locked screen.

Also thank you for recommending the lift to wake up gesture, has increased the speed a lot.

Still wondering if I can use NFC to keep it unlocked as it is always kept on a phone stand.

Many thanks for your time.

You can use Smart lock Trusted places under settings-lock screen to keep phone unlocked. You just have to turn on phone then just swipe to go into phone without password but it will lock after a certain timeframe if not used.
11th September 2019, 09:35 PM |#7  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmanlo

You can use Smart lock Trusted places under settings-lock screen to keep phone unlocked. You just have to turn on phone then just swipe to go into phone without password but it will lock after a certain timeframe if not used.

I do know about Smart Lock but prefer not to use it as keeping the GPS on does feed the location data to other apps as well, not something I prefer to give away.

Thank you for the recommendation though.
11th September 2019, 09:41 PM |#8  
Flag Fresno, Ca
Thanks Meter: 67

Donate to Me
More
You can register your face as well. It works really fast with lift to wake up gesture.
The Following User Says Thank You to babbar559 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift babbar559 Ad-Free
11th September 2019, 09:42 PM |#9  
Flag Waratah
Thanks Meter: 935

More
Smart lock can be used without GPS on, it uses a trusted wifi network to keep the phone unlocked or, if you have one a bluetooth speaker...
Don't need GPS at all...
11th September 2019, 10:04 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Another vote for smart lock but with a wearable like a wear os watch. I pretty much never have to unlock my phone.
The Following User Says Thank You to atunguyd For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift atunguyd Ad-Free
11th September 2019, 11:18 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 220

More
In case helpful to someone else, I enabled the increase touch sensitivity setting under Display settings and the fingerprint seems to work much quicker as I don't have to press down harder.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sansnil For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sansnil Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)