FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

SOT SOT SOT - Am I going insane, or am I not(e)?

19 posts
Thanks Meter: 9

By EagleXDR, Junior Member on 4th September 2019, 06:52 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Well at least I still have my (shady) sense of humor.
Hey guys.
2 weeks with the Note 10+, 256GB/12GB - Exynos. I keep seeing those wonderful SOT reports. 8 hours, 9 hours, 10 hours! I'm not even talking about those posting screenshots of 12-14 hours...
They all use WQHD. They all use Facebook. They even use youtube and netflix, on wi-fi and on mobile with more than 50% brightness, and they all get at worst 8 hours of Screen on time.
Little me, on the other hand, uses mostly whatsapp and text, reduce his brightness when possible, check for hungry apps all the time, yet even on Airplane mode, I barely get get to 0% with 5 hours of SOT.
What am I missing? What is the magic trick? Is it possible that I'm having some sort of a hardware failure? Bad luck?
Don't get me wrong, 5 hours of sot, compared to my dying and evil LG G4 is still amazing, but I just can't wrap my head around this difference between exactly the same devices, this huge difference.

Let there be light
and sot.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to EagleXDR For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift EagleXDR Ad-Free
4th September 2019, 07:07 PM |#2  
Flag Haifa
Thanks Meter: 13

More
in the same boat as you are my friend.. note 10 + exynos is a shitter..
missing my old p30 pro
4th September 2019, 07:08 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 39

More
Don't worry mate, those 8,9,10 hours of SOT are for people who watch lots of Videos like YouTube etc on their device and seldom use camera or do gaming on their Phone. SOT is very subjective and differs from person to person. I get 5 to 6 hours of SOT myself and is pretty happy with it
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zanderzone For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift zanderzone Ad-Free
4th September 2019, 07:25 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 286

More
As others said it's hard to compare, for example weak cell/wifi signal can discharge battery pretty fast even with screen off. After saying that, you should disable everything you can that you don't use. Also, forget SOT, see how much your phone discharges overnight when it's not in use. For example charge before sleep to 100%, wake up and see what's the charge after 6-8 hours of standby. If it's less than 94-92 %, then you may have rogue app than runs down your battery and finding it and fixing it may help you a lot.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to pete4k For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift pete4k Ad-Free
4th September 2019, 08:06 PM |#5  
Flag COATZACOALCOS
Thanks Meter: 540

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shtihi

in the same boat as you are my friend.. note 10 + exynos is a shitter..
missing my old p30 pro

No, it is not
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to winol For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift winol Ad-Free
4th September 2019, 08:21 PM |#6  
Flag Waterford
Thanks Meter: 44

More
Anything over 5 hours is not that bad imo! However, i would expect that the note 10 plus should easily be hitting 6 hours minimum for the majority of users depending on there usage! I have literally only got my hands on my device today and after about 30 minutes use plus a software update it has dropped just 6%
4th September 2019, 08:27 PM |#7  
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 149

More
my .2 cents , if your phone can last long enough for you to achieve what ever you want to do achieve in day and without you running behind a charger then you got yourself a keeper .

so don't worry about SOT , standby time ... use your phone to its fullest extent and enjoy it :P
The Following User Says Thank You to vinumsv For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift vinumsv Ad-Free
4th September 2019, 09:05 PM |#8  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinumsv

my .2 cents , if your phone can last long enough for you to achieve what ever you want to do achieve in day and without you running behind a charger then you got yourself a keeper .

so don't worry about SOT , standby time ... use your phone to its fullest extent and enjoy it :P

I can totally agree with that, but there's this little voice in my head (Well, there are plenty, but that's not our current burning issue), that's just keep telling me that it doesn't make sense that when both people use the exact same device, with almost the exact same settings, the difference will be so big...
4th September 2019, 09:38 PM |#9  
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 149

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleXDR

I can totally agree with that, but there's this little voice in my head (Well, there are plenty, but that's not our current burning issue), that's just keep telling me that it doesn't make sense that when both people use the exact same device, with almost the exact same settings, the difference will be so big...

but main culprit would be Radios ... so are you using same mobil service provider and living same locality then we can worry if comparatively the battery is life lower.
4th September 2019, 09:51 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 144

More
Me too.onmy have 5 hrs max sot, but I play around 1 to 1.5 hr of Intense gaming.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk
4th September 2019, 09:51 PM |#11  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinumsv

but main culprit would be Radios ... so are you using same mobil service provider and living same locality then we can worry if comparatively the battery is life lower.

Living in a small country, compared to some people who use the same network in the same city (Maybe 5km from each other). Obviously, it's still not a purely scientific comparison, but it's something/
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)