TMobile startup tune

Search This thread

BigE

Jan 25, 2007
Southern CA
I am hopping between U1 XAA and U TMB often. I like the TMB better for quality of calls and the only thing that runs me nuts us the horrific startup jingle on the TMobile versions. Once upon a time there has been an app called 'Silent boot' that worked it's magic, but it is an old apk and it does not work on Android 10 ( sometimes it does, most of the time it doesn't. Keep reminded SD US phones are bootloader locked and can't be rooted.

On normal days , COVID-19 aside, I turn my phone off on flights ( the only times I can rest is the 2-3 hours at 35,000 feet. Then landing is a nightmare noisy startup jingle, combined with all the following messeges coming in. I ALWAYS forget to put my phone on silent before turning it off ... then putting a finger in the speaker to muffle it..:p

I searched for quite some time, could not find a solution. Obviously the other option is not to turn phone off and keep it on airplane mode, but I found those twice a day 'off' time is a life saving on my poor battery. I normally on two flights per day.. and driving rural areas kill the battery dead very easy.

Any solution ? TIA..

KOLIOSIS

I am hopping between U1 XAA and U TMB often. I like the TMB better for quality of calls and the only thing that runs me nuts us the horrific startup jingle on the TMobile versions. Once upon a time there has been an app called 'Silent boot' that worked it's magic, but it is an old apk and it does not work on Android 10 ( sometimes it does, most of the time it doesn't. Keep reminded SD US phones are bootloader locked and can't be rooted.

I searched for quite some time, could not find a solution. Obviously the other option is not to turn phone off and keep it on airplane mode, but I found those twice a day 'off' time is a life saving on my poor battery. I normally on two flights per day.. and driving rural areas kill the battery dead very easy.

Any solution ? TIA..

Long-time Silent Boot user,definitely disappointed that app stopped working on Android 10.
Just discovered this a few minutes ago, (System Startup Sound) seems to be working for me.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=apps.infinite.systemstartupsound

Just tap "Go to Sound Page", move the volume slider all the way to the left (low). Working on both the Note 10+ 5G / OnePlus 8, no more T-Mobile jingle on start-up. ?

Last edited:
Reactions: BigE and moSess

BigE

Jan 25, 2007
Southern CA
Long-time Silent Boot user,definitely disappointed that app stopped working on Android 10.
Just discovered this a few minutes ago, (System Startup Sound) seems to be working for me.

Just tap "Go to Sound Page", move the volume slider all the way to the left (low). Working on both the Note 10+ 5G / OnePlus 8, no more T-Mobile jingle on start-up. ?
Does not work for me..:crying:

louforgiveno

Jun 24, 2010
If you mute System in volume menu you can prevent the jingle....not a perfect solution if you use system sounds such as keyboard click etc....but it won't interrupt notifications, ringtones or app volume...

Sent from my [device_name] using XDA-Developers Legacy app

Reactions: BigE

BigE

Jan 25, 2007
Southern CA
If you mute System in volume menu you can prevent the jingle....not a perfect solution if you use system sounds such as keyboard click etc....but it won't interrupt notifications, ringtones or app volume...
Thanks I know, but the thing is I never remember to do that.. and every time I turn the phone on it is full blown volume.. I am now looking at automate it and write my own script to kill volume before shut down, and out system volume back in after boot.

Reactions: louforgiveno

SteveRiley

Dec 19, 2005
Seattle, WA, USA
I am hopping between U1 XAA and U TMB often. I like the TMB better for quality of calls
T-Mo subscriber here but always prefer unlocked because not a fan of carrier bloat. But since I use my phone for, well, phone calls your statement here intrigues me. Do you mind telling us a bit more about this quality-of-call improvement?

BigE

Jan 25, 2007
Southern CA
T-Mo subscriber here but always prefer unlocked because not a fan of carrier bloat. But since I use my phone for, well, phone calls your statement here intrigues me. Do you mind telling us a bit more about this quality-of-call improvement?
Nothing really scientific, or measurable, but when on the TMB firmware it seems to have less issues with the quality of calls. On the XAA I have areas in the house that are notorious to be where the other end will be choppy , and same caller, same location is just fine on TMB. At the beginning I was thinking this is a placebo effect. After it was consistent several times, I started to think maybe it is not a coincidence after all. Like you, I have the XAA purchased phone directly from Samsung, yet the TMB code seem a tad better. As I ststed- a user experience, no proof.. ;)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Any solution ? TIA..

Sent from my [device_name] using XDA-Developers Legacy app
    Thanks I know, but the thing is I never remember to do that.. and every time I turn the phone on it is full blown volume.. I am now looking at automate it and write my own script to kill volume before shut down, and out system volume back in after boot.