FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Possible to change n975ui to n975u?

15 posts
Thanks Meter: 0
 
By Nikkic87, Junior Member on 9th November 2019, 02:17 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
I flashed att firmware on an unlocked note 10 plus but att still sees it as an unlocked phone. Is it possible to change the phone to completey read as an attvbranded model? I called to see if they could provision the IMEI of my phone and they were able to tell right away it was not one of theirs, even though it was running att firmware.
9th November 2019, 02:44 AM |#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 87
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikkic87

I flashed att firmware on an unlocked note 10 plus but att still sees it as an unlocked phone. Is it possible to change the phone to completey read as an attvbranded model? I called to see if they could provision the IMEI of my phone and they were able to tell right away it was not one of theirs, even though it was running att firmware.


No, because (as you found out) the IMEI number is not from an AT&T branded phone.
9th November 2019, 05:20 AM |#3  
Geekser's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Milwaukee
Thanks Meter: 377
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikkic87

I flashed att firmware on an unlocked note 10 plus but att still sees it as an unlocked phone. Is it possible to change the phone to completey read as an attvbranded model? I called to see if they could provision the IMEI of my phone and they were able to tell right away it was not one of theirs, even though it was running att firmware.

I have a GOOGLE unlocked phone. I flashed N975U firmware on my phone and also flashed ATT USER DATA at the same time.. When my phone booted up - it had all of the ATT BLOAT that comes on an Att phone - it booted up with the ATT LOGO - it shows ATT ICONS in the Status Bar for Data (5GE instead of showing LTE or 4G) and I have Wifi Calling and Video Calling working on my phone...

https://androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=301224

That is all it took. I didn't have to call ATT - It all just worked - and it was not working that way BEFORE I flased Userdata.

YMMV but I have heard about others who had the same experience. Go tot he N975U Firmware thread and find the download for ATT USERDATA - That is where I found it....
Hope that helps you.....
9th November 2019, 06:46 AM |#4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Pixel and iPhones are supposedly able to do those things. I think that may be why it worked for you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geekser

I have a GOOGLE unlocked phone. I flashed N975U firmware on my phone and also flashed ATT USER DATA at the same time.. When my phone booted up - it had all of the ATT BLOAT that comes on an Att phone - it booted up with the ATT LOGO - it shows ATT ICONS in the Status Bar for Data (5GE instead of showing LTE or 4G) and I have Wifi Calling and Video Calling working on my phone...

https://androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=301224

That is all it took. I didn't have to call ATT - It all just worked - and it was not working that way BEFORE I flased Userdata.

YMMV but I have heard about others who had the same experience. Go tot he N975U Firmware thread and find the download for ATT USERDATA - That is where I found it....
Hope that helps you.....

9th November 2019, 06:47 AM |#5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Do you know of any way to get them to recognize the IMEI as one of theirs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottusa2008

No, because (as you found out) the IMEI number is not from an AT&T branded phone.

9th November 2019, 10:52 AM |#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 87
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikkic87

Do you know of any way to get them to recognize the IMEI as one of theirs?

Wish it was possible, but unfortunately no way exists.
9th November 2019, 04:40 PM |#7  
Geekser's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Milwaukee
Thanks Meter: 377
 
More
If you have WiFi Callling, Video Calling and Volte working, why does it matter if ATT recognizes your phone as one of theirs or not? Just curious about what you are trying to accomplish ?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes