FORUMS

Android 10 Lag on Note 10+ Snapdragon

15 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

By moiza67, Junior Member on 31st January 2020, 07:28 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Originally posted on Samsung members. This issue is now critical. If you care about this issue, I have created an issue under Samsung Members. Please post your experience and issues there and hopefully it gets the attention of Samsung

https://r1.community.samsung.com/t5/...0/td-p/3320184

Has anyone else seen noticeable Lag after updating to Android 10 in the galaxy s10 or Note10+.

Using the samsung launcher, there is lag when scrolling through the app drawer and multitasking.

I have tried,*

cleaning my dalvik cache

Removing my SD card

Updating all apps for android 10

And performing the built in device care optimization*

I think a performance update is needed to take care of this.

The multitasking lag becomes worse during the day until phone is restarted.*

Update 31012020: I finally decided to factory reset my phone. This did not work. I use nova launcher and uninstalled it as well. Lag still remains.

I have found that the lag only appears after about 20+ apps are in the recent apps menu. However this issue did not happen in Android 9. What is also interesting my moms s10 exhibits the same behaviour.

Further I have gone into developer options and when I set Animator level from 1x to 0x, the lag is gone. This is the only solution. However the downside to this is that instead of animations of loading wheels or progress bars, there is just a static circular arrow. I hope Samsunf fixes this issue.
2nd February 2020, 07:31 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 294

More
Have had zero lag since updating to android 10. Never had any lag on pie either. Maybe its just an issue with your phone
2nd February 2020, 08:57 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 21

More
I had alot of lag, everything lagged actually. The latest TMobile update fixed it for me.
The Following User Says Thank You to coilbio For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift coilbio Ad-Free
2nd February 2020, 09:12 PM |#4  
Flag Arlington
Thanks Meter: 247

Donate to Me
More
I have had lag. Just opening simple apps like what's app and trying to start typing.
The Following User Says Thank You to cameljockey1 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift cameljockey1 Ad-Free
3rd February 2020, 06:23 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
I have the very same issue on my Exynos Note 10. After the Android 10 update, app launcher and app switcher lag like it's 2006.
The Following User Says Thank You to Golgo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Golgo Ad-Free
3rd February 2020, 05:45 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Lag in Note 10 +
Hi, just updated to 10 and it's really poor. Lag everywhere. Mostly between apps pages. But mostly everywhere. I'm in NZ with Spark Network. Personally feel this has to be fixed with an update.
4th February 2020, 03:07 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 330

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by moiza67

Originally posted on Samsung members. This issue is now critical. If you care about this issue, I have created an issue under Samsung Members. Please post your experience and issues there and hopefully it gets the attention of Samsung

https://r1.community.samsung.com/t5/...0/td-p/3320184

Has anyone else seen noticeable Lag after updating to Android 10 in the galaxy s10 or Note10+.

Using the samsung launcher, there is lag when scrolling through the app drawer and multitasking.

I have tried,*

cleaning my dalvik cache

Removing my SD card

Updating all apps for android 10

And performing the built in device care optimization*

I think a performance update is needed to take care of this.

The multitasking lag becomes worse during the day until phone is restarted.*

Update 31012020: I finally decided to factory reset my phone. This did not work. I use nova launcher and uninstalled it as well. Lag still remains.

I have found that the lag only appears after about 20+ apps are in the recent apps menu. However this issue did not happen in Android 9. What is also interesting my moms s10 exhibits the same behaviour.

Further I have gone into developer options and when I set Animator level from 1x to 0x, the lag is gone. This is the only solution. However the downside to this is that instead of animations of loading wheels or progress bars, there is just a static circular arrow. I hope Samsunf fixes this issue.

Had exactly the same issue on my note 10+ (exynos).. after complaining about the issue I saw a post that mentioned that some apps with the permission to display on top was the culprit. In my case, after disabling this permission of dashlane it fixed the problem. Are you using dashlane?

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to yugoport For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift yugoport Ad-Free
4th February 2020, 03:26 AM |#8  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by yugoport

Had exactly the same issue on my note 10+ (exynos).. after complaining about the issue I saw a post that mentioned that some apps with the permission to display on top was the culprit. In my case, after disabling this permission of dashlane it fixed the problem. Are you using dashlane?

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

Hey,

I am using lastpass, which does require the appear on top permission.
4th February 2020, 11:38 PM |#9  
OP Junior Member

More
Solution:

update 04022020. I finally got rid of the lag. I installed the Samsung Goodlock app from the Galaxy app store and installed the task changer plugin. I then set my task manager to be displayed as a grid. but you can change it to any style.

the Goodlock app and plugin are designed by Samsung. this leads me to believe there is something wrong with the stock animation in the app switcher.
The Following User Says Thank You to moiza67 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift moiza67 Ad-Free
5th February 2020, 07:41 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Good fix for task switcher, but it doesn't solve the app pages speed issue. Samsung need to release a fix

---------- Post added at 08:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:32 AM ----------

Solved it ! for me, it's definitely 3rd party apps that run in the background. Check your permissions and what has accesses to your phone. For me a block site app that has accessablility access was the culprit.
20th March 2020, 09:02 AM |#11  
Flag united sins of america
Thanks Meter: 34

More
Spamsung, up to his old tricks, got a nope10 rooted up and have been good, except for all the other spammy DOWNGRADES( samFAIL needs somthing to fkeep you coming back for a new fix) what a twisted guy!

As the sob story goes, if anyone cares to hear the drama from spammy's momma lol

Been on Android 9 and staying, unless spammy forces his spam on me😂
So can't search for this problem with Android 9 because everything shows up as note 10 upgrade Android 10, of course when trying to -Android10 it also takes away anything for nope10 results 😅 so for the past couple hours feels like I am back using my old HTC 4g( that's what I all an upgrade!!) I didn't do anything new just reset the phone because battery ran out, so much lag now 😆

Treid changing animation from 1x to none
did not work
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)